5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

forevrared

I think he's been the victim of some scapegoating as he was far from our main problem tonight, but he's certainly the type of player who needed to come into a settled team and be eased in. Shit decision to sign him given the state of the side.

Mcking

Think the team needed a Jorginho like calm and composed cerebral passer instead we got this all action midfielder. Think he'll find his feet once he settles in, but I think we added the wrong type of midfielder.
Doesn't matter. Jorginho will be shite in this team.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought he was okay, actually rated him as our second best (or 10th least shit) player after Shaw, not that it's saying much.

ErranMorad

I think he needs to play alongside someone like Jorginho. We actually need an upgrade on Matic.

Fred is not world class but can be coached to make a decent contribution in a proper system.
Yeah, I hope we are keeping an eye out for Ruben Neves at Wolves this season. Any other good deep lying passers around?

IAmAWinner

I actually was kinda impressed by him, shows how low my standards have fallen I guess.

forevrared

I thought he was okay, actually rated him as our second best (or 10th least shit) player after Shaw, not that it's saying much.
I would agree with that. He was lively and showed the type of spirit we need from Lukaku, Pogba, Smalling, et al.

ravi2

I actually was kinda impressed by him, shows how low my standards have fallen I guess.
Fred wasnt bad, our problems arent due to him.
I think he will prove a decent signing in the right setup. He was fighting out there

deafepl

Sorry, Fred have been better players, trying to create chances for them, from what I saw, he managed to create 3 chances in the first half, coming from a B2B midfielder is very good, if we managed to win the games, all of your opinions would be changed differently on him. He is not the reason why we are losing, it's defenders. He had a good first half, okay in the second half.

NinjaFletch

He'd look world class in light blue. We're too slow and methodical for Fred.
He'd be sitting on their bench like Bernando Silva spent most of last season doing.

City's squad being better than ours gives them the luxury of introducing player's like Fred, who looks nowhere near ready for the League, slowly. We don't have that luxury, and I'm not sure it makes much sense to have made him our only proper signing.

Bobski

Gets caught on the ball too often trying to dribble when it is not on. Have to hope that is an adaptation issue, moving from a slower paced and lower quality league. Doesn't help that the team has so little structure to it.

ReallyUSA

Played great today. He is one of the last players that deserves hate today.

izec

He tries, but he is lacking composure and awareness. A bit clumsy at times too. He would look better if eased in and in a functioning team, but he gets thrown into the deep end. He isnt really swimming nor sinking, but trying to keep his head over water.

Bojan11

He would look lost in our system. He excels at ball possession and being in the middle of things, not chasing shadows and defending.
No i mean under a competent coach he would have been the perfect Carrick replacement.

Crimson King

Some polarising opinions on him it seems.

As usual the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Had good and bad moments.

Personally I thought he hussled well and looked to get the ball forward into feet when he could, but was also guilty of getting caught on the ball and trying to force it after we went behind.

Naturally people are upset after the defeat, but he's only played 2 games in England and has shown promise.

Ludens the Red

He'd look world class in light blue. We're too slow and methodical for Fred.
Yeah, Guardiola is well known for liking his midfielders to
- give the ball away a lot
- be poor positionally
- be completely unaware of what's going on around them on the pich
- be a frantic mess

the_irish123

He clearly did well with Matic behind him and attacking the last line like a 3rd midfielder.

In 2nd half being the sole midfielder almost, seeing the ball go over his head like a balloon all the time, he struggled a lot. I think his position is clear.

Ludens the Red

He did want to sign him...
Yeah so they say. Agent mischief, it's becoming too obvious nowadays, which is what makes transfer season so excruciating, just incredible amounts of bullshit. I reckon Lindelof's agent probably released some fake stories about Real Madrid wanting him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think he's exactly what our midfield has lacked, someone who can inject a bit of tempo. Before it was only Herrera capable of doing such a thing and he's obviously had a very mixed United career

MetoTTT

Doesn't matter. Jorginho will be shite in this team.
This. It's easy to look good and settle in a team like Chelsea with Kante who's everywhere. Fred was ok tonight. I think he'll do it here.
We've bought Matic to do Carrick's job.

Last edited:

Devil may care

His control is loose but he has an energy and dynamism that can be harnessed to a degree if we had an actual system.

JMack1234

I didn't think he was that bad at all. Not one of our best players but certainly not one of our worst.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Its his third game in a new team in a new country in a new league and he contributed (let's be kind) just as much as Pogba.

Give the lad a chance ffs.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks talented but far too raw for a 45-50 million pound player. Hopefully we see a better version as the season goes on.

Ekeke

While I want to still be positive about his first half, I'm not currently seeing the defensive side in his game. I thought he was supposed to be a ball winner as well as having energy and a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.