Not open for further replies.

MetoTTT

Im not really sure what his role will be;

Is he a destroyer - NO
Is he a playmaker - NO
Can he dictate tempo - NO
Does he shield well - NO

I suppose only time will tell.
The lad has played only 2 game. Come on!
He could be a dynamic box to box midfielder with good technique, vision and a good passing (short and long range). I think he can keep the ball under pressure, play one touch and create a lot.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Those are literally his main strengths :rolleyes:
I haven't seen him during his Shaktar days but from the two matches this season, he has struggled in those two aspects for me. Like I said, as I don't have prior knowledge of him, I can't judge him until the season passes.

Classical Mechanic

Kind of plays like Jack Wilshere doesn't he. Some nice dribbles through park sometimes, some decent passing sometimes. Loses the ball too much and falls over a lot.

Mailo

Judge, jury and executioner is out on this guy apparently, having played all of mighty 2 games!

The guy is in an all new league, team and country, and a very malfunctioning team at that, and people are writing him off...

I bet we have a lot of premature ejaculators in here...

Rajma

Even not at his best and without a proper preseason yet he was our best player in that second half.

MadMike

Kind of plays like Jack Wilshere doesn't he. Some nice dribbles through park sometimes, some decent passing sometimes. Loses the ball too much and falls over a lot.
He's a typical Jack (Wilshere) of all trades. He has strengths and weaknesses but he doesn't excel at something in particular. But this type of player is a very useful one to have if you play a midfield three. He's an upgrade on Herrera in most aspects for example.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Even not at his best and without a proper preseason yet he was our best player in that second half.
Was he? I like Fred, but I thought he had a poor game

Rob67

I know he's not set the world alight for us yet, but Christ, give the man a chance.
He's come from a different league, different tactics etc and into a team that's struggling at the moment.
We're 2 games in, give him time.

Rajma

Was he? I like Fred, but I thought he had a poor game
He had a poor game alright but in terms of being the best out of bad bunch I think he was in that second half? I can't think of anyone besides him who did not hide and actually tried forcing the issue.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He had a poor game alright but in terms of being the best out of bad bunch I think he was in that second half? I can't think of anyone besides him who did not hide and actually tried forcing the issue.
Pogba springs to mind. Although I didn't have a best of a bad bunch, they were all poor. Fred cost us a goal as well

el3mel

Thought the best out of the bunch was Shaw imo.

He had a pretty poor game overall and struggled with the physicality of such games. His quality is obvious but he'll need a good time to settle and grow some more muscles a little bit.

Rajma

Pogba springs to mind. Although I didn't have a best of a bad bunch, they were all poor. Fred cost us a goal as well
To be honest assigning him any kind of blame for that second goal is a stretch imo he was set up to fail with that pass from his teammate (Victor?), it was at an inconvenient height given his size and being pressed by two players too. Also, I was talking second half only as I don't think he was anything special in the 1st half.

Rajma

Thought the best out of the bunch was Shaw imo.

He had a pretty poor game overall and struggled with the physicality of such games. His quality is obvious but he'll need a good time to settle and grow some more muscles a little bit.
Yeah Shaw is a good shout he didn't do too much wrong.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think he looks an interesting player who should do well for us but seeing the kind of player he is, I'm surprised we haven't gone for a playmaking/pass master CM in Mourinho's time here. We seem to lack that one calm composed head in midfield who can consistently play the right pass despite the drama around him.

Man Utd 0:3 Tottenham

luke511

The priority should've been to buy a tidy centre midfielder that never mishit a pass and could handle the tight spaces, Fred seems to be the exact opposite of that. He's so untidy it's baffling. Why do all of our signings struggle to be consistent with the basics? Is this on Mourinho or the scouts? Either way they're doing it terribly wrong.

NinjaFletch

How the feck did we manage to look as far afield as Ukraine and not manage to find a better midfielder than him?

marktan

I like him. He'll be a top player imo. Just let down by a rubbish attack defence. He's not the problem.

Fauzan

Bundle of untamed, raw and slightly chaotic energy

He isn't as intelligent, and polished as many think he is.
Somewhat like Rashford, only good in moments throughout the game, but is always involved and is full of running

Based Adnan

Hope it's just a settling in phase but he looks a bit like a headless chicken running around all over the place. Doesn't seem like he excels at anything in particular either - average at best across the board in all attributes. Worrying.

AndyJ1985

He looks okay. I think with a good coach and in a good team he'd be a very good player. Shame we currently have neither

kiristao

Looked decent when he was played in a more advanced role with Matic behind him. Didn't look very good when asked to play in a 2 man midfield as the defensive midfielder

PoTMS

For £50m, you'd expect him to be somewhat decent. And yet he looks exactly like every other one of our players. It leads me to believe either it's the way they're being coached or he's another one of our long list of recent failed transfers.

tomaldinho1

Think he was actually ok, puts a lot more pace into our game albeit with a bit of a headless chicken style. Good energy but must be hell when Pogba is so up and down & Matic had a poor game

JohnnyLaw

Looks like the midfield equivalent of Bailly to me. I can see why we bought him as he plays at 100 mph and suits our style through being fast in transitions but he's probably not the cerebral, measured type I think we really needed in midfield.

Bwuk

Don’t see it with him at all.

I’d have Andreas in the team over Fred.

I like him. He gets everywhere and plays sone great passes. He also looks like hes got the mentality for this club, or at least Mourinho hasn't got to him yet.

ErranMorad

Think the team needed a Jorginho like calm and composed cerebral passer instead we got this all action midfielder. Think he'll find his feet once he settles in, but I think we added the wrong type of midfielder.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What a useless fecking signing. How has he managed three full 90 minute games? He loses the ball so many fecking times. I can keep better possession than he does. 50m+ quid for him? Pathetic! Perreira is so much better and calmer on the ball than Fred.

Kapardin

Think the team needed a Jorginho like calm and composed cerebral passer instead we got this all action midfielder. Think he'll find his feet once he settles in, but I think we added the wrong type of midfielder.
I think he needs to play alongside someone like Jorginho. We actually need an upgrade on Matic.

Fred is not world class but can be coached to make a decent contribution in a proper system.

MAME DIOUF 32

He looks rushed into the team. If you watch him, he's constantly looking around to work out where he's supposed to be. It's not natural. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He's got the tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.