5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Olril18

Herrera is a better box to box than Fred and more creative with his shooting and passing. Fred is just a downgrade on Herrera in everything in this position so not sure why he should be the b2b while Herrera resorts to defensive side only.

Even as a DMF earlier Herrera was making forward runs to make through balls when he was partnered with Pogba which usually leaves our midfield open. He's attack minded.

We still a need a DMF of the type of Casemiro, Kante and Fernandinho.

And as I said, currently Fred isn't as creative as Silvas to play him there while the current midfield combo of Matic-Herrera- Pogba is working nicely.

After the several chances he gets and proved absolutely nothing in them, I don't get why he should be the one getting chances and not Periera. Why is he ahead of Periera in the picking order ?
You are the Ekeke of Fred's thread.
your agenda against Fred is becoming sickening.

Last edited by a moderator:

mav_9me

I agree with posters above.

He has been erratic, maybe getting used to the league. Having given him the benefit of doubt on that, I am not sure what is he supposed to be bring that Herrera doesn't?

el3mel

You are the Ekeke of Fred's thread.
your agenda against Fred is becoming sickening.
:lol:

As usual, you can't criticize a player without being labelled "agenda" or "hater".

Some can't accept the fact that you may have an opinion on a player that he's not good enough.

Well, don't really care tbh, either here or Lingard/Lukaku thread.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I agree with posters above.

He has been erratic, maybe getting used to the league. Having given him the benefit of doubt on that, I am not sure what is he supposed to be bring that Herrera doesn't?
They're aren't really similar in style. Herrera is a must start for me at the moment and Fred should be playing in cup games and easier home games to continue to get acclimated.

Fred's loose passing and defensive switch offs have been most frustrating but they are 2 things that he can clean up. He's still got a chance here.

Johan07

You highlighted the part of my post that said Fred played a defensive role at Shaktar and said he didn't. He blatantly did, which is obvious to anyone who watched him play and I even found a post of yours saying that there was "not much of a difference" between Fred and Stepanenko in terms of their teams defence.

If we were to play a 4-2-3-1 then Fred should play as one of the two defensive midfielders but if we are playing a 4-3-3 then he should play instead of Matic. Your objections to him playing that role seem based on pre-conceived notions about how you think the position should be played. The ideas that you need 'size' and can't press in the position is nonsense. Kante has been the best defensive midfielder in the league over recent seasons and he is shorter than Fred and presses like a madman.
Whats with the attitude? Try having better arguments instead.
If you think that Kante has ever played or is fit to play as a #6 in a top European side I will be happy to leave this conversation.
Both Fred and Kante are best playing in a double pivot. Kante with a offensive partner like Fabregas and Fred with a defensive partner like Matic. They might even do well together in a double pivot.
They are two completely different types of midfielders though.
None of them can or should play like a sole #6 though. Which is why neither have never played in that position btw. Kante is not nearly good enough on the ball to quarterbacking the offensive play for a top European side.
And again: chill a ltb.

settembrini

Whats with the attitude? Try having better arguments instead.
If you think that Kante has ever played or is fit to play as a #6 in a top European side I will be happy to leave this conversation.
Both Fred and Kante are best playing in a double pivot. Kante with a offensive partner like Fabregas and Fred with a defensive partner like Matic. They might even do well together in a double pivot.
They are two completely different types of midfielders though.
None of them can or should play like a sole #6 though. Which is why neither have never played in that position btw. Kante is not nearly good enough on the ball to quarterbacking the offensive play for a top European side.
And again: chill a ltb.
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1190455/Live/England-Premier-League-2017-2018-Chelsea-Liverpool

Here is an example of a recent game where Kante played as the defensive midfielder in a midfield three, which I was talking about and you referred to as a #6. He has played this position for both club and country on numerous occasions. I agree that you should leave this conversation now.

Ace?

Seeing Fred start in both our matches under Solskjaer was disappointing. His performances don't match what we paid for him, and I would be frustrated to see him in the next against Bournemouth.
His presence in the locker room is really all that can be said for him, but like I was discussing earlier, you need a balance of personality and creativity with a team, and real statistics about what he will bring to the team.
Maybe he'll turn out like Lindelof and grow into the team over a season or two, but I am inclined to think that that is still not worth that 50+ m we paid.

RedCurry

Bizarre signing.i have no idea what he’s supposed to be good at. Has shown nothing since his signing. People have been clutching to straws with him.

Red_toad

Bizarre signing.i have no idea what he’s supposed to be good at. Has shown nothing since his signing. People have been clutching to straws with him.
Shown nothing? Do you really believe that? He's had glimpses of his talent shown on the pitch, scored a nice goal. But as he's hardly had any playing time he's getting the usual toxic virus stuff from fans writing him off instantly.

el3mel

Another game he starts and gets subbed by the hour mark. Happens almost every time he plays now. The manager can't withstand how crap he's for a full 90 minutes.

How many games are people willing to withstand for him to realize he's crap ?

Basically we paid 50m for another deadwood.

Based Adnan

He always thinks he has a lot more time than he does. It's like he has no awareness of his surroundings everytime he receives the ball and then ends up getting immediately pressured and dispossessed.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not seeing it with Fred. Looks a luxury player whose first touch can't be trusted deep in our half where mistakes lead to conceding. I wrote off Lindelof a year ago, which shows how wrong I can be. I hope Fred proves me similarly wrong.

Bobski

A few decent moments and a ton of awful ones. A cm can not play like an erratic winger, their whole role is to bring control and stability to the team. Fred causes chaos, and his tendency to get caught on the ball and allow counter attacking opportunities in really dangerous areas will make it hard for a manager to pick him.

He has ability but he needs to settle down, play in a more controlled manner.

ROFLUTION

Thought he was quite good in first half. That juggling move where he juggled it over a midfielder and passed to Mata :drool: He's a bit chaotic though.

Art

Art the artist
His awareness and composure are serious concerns. Can never trust him in a big game.

AshRK

I thought he was good in the first half. But second half he was poor but maybe that's because he was playing as a dm which is not his role. I would still give him more time before giving any judgment.

Mick321

I suppose it's a bit harsh to go crazy over a newish player in a dysfunctional set up but it was worrying how off basics like his touch were.

BlueHaze

I still want to give him a bit more time before writing him off as a bad buy. However what I will never understand is how we could go for him over the likes of Ndombele and Ruben Neves..

Honestly don't see what he's good at. He's not going to get many more games this season. Looses the ball so easily, can't seem to tackle, and looks off the pace all the time, he never looks composed.

Greck

Will give him another season to turn it around as even our rivals haven't fully integrated their own summer CM acquisitions but for now he does look like he doesn't belong at the level we want to be. Looks uncomposed and his idea of tackling often seems to be flailing his legs wildly

Status
Not open for further replies.