Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Horrible part to play in the first goal, though I don't think you ever play that pass to Fred in that situation.

Wasnt even close to being our worst player today for me. Young, smalling, pogba and lingard were far worse.

acnumber9

I have to laugh when I see people saying he played really well except for that time he cost us a goal. It’s happened in each of the last two games he’s played and more before that.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Runs around a lot. Costs us goals.

Get rid.

Bwuk

He’s woeful.

How did he manage to convince us he was worth £50m is beyond me.

RedIan

For 20 minutes tonight he looked really impressive, great touch and sharp pass and move. He has it in his locker. Then he made the slip that gave them a goal and to me it looked like his confidence evaporated and took his performance level from an 8 to a 4.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
He clearly isn't used to playing as the deepest midfielder. Thought he did okay minus the give away for the goal, which is a huge minus point admittedly. Still think he needs regular games to get some rhythm going. The likes of Matic, Herrera and even Pogba are in much worse form at the moment.

Bobski

His first touch is not up to the level that a midfielder at Utd needs. Maybe in a slower paced league he can get away with it, find space and take his time but with players flying at him immediately he just looks rattled and unsure technically.

LJJT

I actually thought he played well. Massive error for the goal but don’t think De Gea should have played it to him but had loads of the ball and good passing. More positive than Matic but think no Matic made us weaker defensively

Canagel

Did well. One slip can happen- it was quite unfortunate however the rest of his midfield game and passing was very good.
I hope to see more of him. Certainly over Matic and the departing Herrera.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Made a mistake but his ball retention and quick passing was very good. I have no idea why Ole subbed him out and kept Pogba.

NinjaFletch

He's sloppy, erratic and a liability. I guess he cost enough to get another season to see if it's an adaptation issue, but I seriously question the judgement of anyone who thinks he has been anything close to the required level.

Devil may care

Started out ok and he wasn't fully to blame for their first goal, his touch was bad but it was also a hospital pass from De Gea and then the 3 CB's pretty much ran into each other to let Jota in. He looked shakey after the goal but still kept showing for the ball, he just didn't do much with it.

izec

His first touch and ball technique isnt good enough most of the time, he doesnt look in control of it. If you are a midfielder, thats not good enough here. Teams will put pressure on him and he will loose it every now and then in dangerous positions.

Welbeckham

Terrible, pointless signing. Weak, slow, clumsy, erratic, sloppy. Simply not good enough.

the_irish123

Because Pogba is the bigger ego and player. Can still produce something on a shit day.
Pogba's lack of running in 2nd goal costs us the same goal that Fred's slip did. Except its worse because it wasn't an accident, just lack of effort. If he slipped, people would notice it more though. He "slips" a few times during every game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Classic Fred to date, lots of good work, but ruins it with something really poor.

To not control a ball where he did was just dreadful.
Until then we looked pretty likely to score a second.

Ekeke

Some decent passing at times, one or two nice pinches of the ball but today he played as a lone DM and he was poor. Poor first touch led to the first goal and didnt protect the defense.

kundalini

Horrific touch from De Gea's pass for their first goal. De Gea's pass had a nice weight to it and was straight to him so that was just shocking play from Fred. Rest of the time I thought he did ok, passed the ball reasonably well, the occasional poor first touch, one weak challenge but given his size I guess that's to be expected.

Fred's a difficult player to assess at the moment. What did the scouts see that was worth £50m ? He was fine against PSG away but so many of his errors seem to lead directly to us conceding. Next season he really does have to tighten up his game.

Last edited:

RonaldoVII

He was good, couldn't do much with that stupid pass DDG gave him. Too easy to haul him off and make him a scapegoat.
Is Fred your Dad? Watch the goal again. You couldn't have given him an easier pass but he miscontrolled it under no pressure. Other than that he played well but there's no excusing the first goal is from his error.

MetoTTT

Some decent passing at times, one or two nice pinches of the ball but today he played as a lone DM and he was poor. Poor first touch led to the first goal and didnt protect the defense.
I can't get why he was played as DM when he clearly is not and there was McT on the pitch.

Ekeke

I can't get why he was played as DM when he clearly is not and there was McT on the pitch.
Or they could have played as a duo like Matic and Ander had been playing recently.

But nope 2 AMs and Fred as the deep CM. My only explanation is that Ole was trying Fred there to see if he could play as a lone DM so he knows if hes an option next season in that role.

Today says no

Ace of Spades

Bad mistake but I thought he played well. Unlucky to get the hook.
Its not just the mistake. He is such an odd player, plays like a winger playing in CM. Likes to dribble, but is not strong enough. His passing is inconsistent, his touch is not very good. Just can't see him as a CM, too many brainless instances to think that he will simply be good enough for us. This is his style, and I doubt we will see any drastic changes there. He plays like an inexperienced young player, very careless player overall.

El Jefe

Played really well until the mistake but once that happened he couldn't do enough to change the narrative of his performance. Incredibly costly mistake.

This is the main reason why this club is a joke. I don't for one second believe we did a diligent scouting job on Fred as its quite obvious the PL isn't for him. His touch can be loose and he wants more time on the ball than necessary, yet we paid over £50m for him.

I really do think there's a very good player in him but I'm sure we won't see it here.

Holocene

He was decent aside from his mistake.

I'm not sure why he was playing as a DM.

I fear we won't see him in the starting 11 again for a while. He really needs a run in the side. I look forward to seeing him next season with a full preseason behind him and new additions to the squad.

GledTheRed

Is Fred your Dad? Watch the goal again. You couldn't have given him an easier pass but he miscontrolled it under no pressure. Other than that he played well but there's no excusing the first goal is from his error.

Yeah sure he's my dad. Good one!

The pass was wank, nobody want to receive a pass there, DDG should use his fecking brain. As for his goalkeeping for the wolves winner, don't get me started..

dove

He is like a Lukaku of midfielders in terms of touch. Very underwhelming first season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The pass was a bad one but the majority blame is definitely on Fred.
Not worked out here, not sure it will work out in the future
50 million down the drain.

RonaldoVII

The pass was wank, nobody want to receive a pass there, DDG should use his fecking brain. As for his goalkeeping for the wolves winner, don't get me started..
Nobody other than a team who should be playing out. He clearly wanted it or wouldn't have come for the ball into space. Nobody is near him when the ball gets played, let alone when he receives it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

No, DDG did alright. If you want to play out from back you give and take passes dangerous than that.

It was his fecking inability to control a simple pass.

MetoTTT

Let's give him a run of games with McT till the end of the season and judge him next season. I still think he can make it here. We have nothing to lose.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Bar the mistake i thought he was decent. Controlling the ball and trying to make forward passes.

Felt we should have kept him on instead of Pogba.

Good again aside from the mistake. Could be he is beginning to turn the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.