5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silas

His passing is embarrassing. That isn't something that suddenly improves at 26.

RedIan

FRED is not good enough to play in our midfield. Never seen a player give the ball away so many times. Get rid and get some class in. What a huge waste of money.

In Rainbows

I like his energy, but his quality of execution on the technical side is not up to the standard.

Bobski

Never a DM in this league. But it is the only midfield spot where he can occasionally find the space to cover his first touch. Picked off easily by good players and the odd piece of nice, sharp play can't make up for all the basic mistakes he makes. That second goal, giving the ball way was bad enough but the way he totally sold himself against Sterling when a smarter player tracks back and works as part of a defensive unit was schoolboy stuff.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
1 or 2 decent moments, but then he screws it up like his pass leading to the city counter

hes no Ander
Back in August I brought up that I thought him and Pogba wouldn't work as a partnership, that it would lead to far too many mistakes as both are pretty poor defensively. He's a very average player and part of the problem we have right now at United to be honest. He's another player that the opposition target because they know they can rob the ball of him in dangerous positions. Very poor signing and frankly it was pretty clear early on that he was not up to standard for us. He doesn't shy away from the ball i'll give him that, but his ability is letting him down at this level.

Kamprad

He’s got the same problem as Martial. To arrogant and sloppy. It’s his first season in England, he’s been used in a role that doesn’t suit him, he’s probably lacking form and the whole team is playing bad BUT if United doesn’t miraculously start playing possession football next season he should be sold ASAP.

Litch

He'll be a decent player when/if he gets used to the tempo of the league.
Agree. You can see the difference in him playing in the prem to the games in Europe. Wasn't our best player against PSG and Barca for no good reason...

AngliaRed

Not great tonight, but he ran himself into the ground. Worked hard and tried. As Gary Neville said, “ that is his level”.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
How many times this season have the opposition scored after he was caught in possession in our own half? Off the top of my head it has been 3 times.

Aint gota Kalou

He's got something. He always looks for the ball and is decent off of it. He still makes a lot of errors but I think theres a player in there somewhere.

Minimalist

Not worth the money. Might still turn it around after the summer but wouldn't bank on it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Praying he does a 'Lindelof' next season and starts to show more quality because at the moment he's not good enough.

Problem is, he's trying to do too much. He's trying to be someone he's not. Playing 50 yard balls, etc. Good that he tries but he needs to just strip it back and keep it simple.

I understand he was the dictator at Shakhtar and obviously Jose bought him with that in mind, but he should be moulded into a ball winner, in my opinion. Win the ball and give it simple or play the ball in between the lines which he's so good at.

Devil may care

I like his energy and attitude but his passing is nowhere near as good as he thinks it is, he needs to keep it simpler and calmer at times, not every pass needs to be an attempted defense splitter, and his loose control makes him a risk as the deepest CM, I said this from the start about him, his touch is erratic.

Kamprad

Praying he does a 'Lindelof' next season and starts to show more quality because at the moment he's not good enough.

Problem is, he's trying to do too much. He's trying to be someone he's not. Playing 50 yard balls, etc. Good that he tries but he needs to just strip it back and keep it simple.

I understand he was the dictator at Shakhtar and obviously Jose bought him with that in mind, but he should be moulded into a ball winner, in my opinion. Win the ball and give it simple or play the ball in between the lines which he's so good at.
Moulding this brazilian samba beachsoccer player into a ball winner is impossible.

Litch

The pace of the PL is unforgiven. Like I said, not surprised his best games are in Europe

Kamprad

Pep was lining him up to replace Fernandinho - one of the best ball winners around...and Brazilian.
Fernandinho hasn’t got that samba beachsoccer style that this guy has. But I agree he would fit perfect in a possession playing team.

He's getting there. Far too loose with possession but he's definitely got the ability, we just need to put him in the right team. He was continually the first to close down and find he was the only one doing it, and every time he got the ball he wanted to play one or two touch but there was nobody there.

Aloysius's Back 3

Not a deep lying playmaker - has to play further forward in my opinion as a normal CM. Needs cover much like every other darn midfielder we have.

El Jefe

He was fecking wank. You can't be as erratic as he is and be a top class CM its just impossible. This league is too much for him, loan him out to a slower league where he can shine and then sell him because we will never see anywhere close to the £53m we spent on him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Well, his confidence is a lot better. Unfortunately he's confidently passing the ball to an opposition player every time.

Bobski

Is he better than Anderson?
I’m not sure.
No, Anderson was far more secure and confident on the ball, especially against a press. Better touch, used his body far, far better., short passing game also much better. Fitness the only area Fred is better.

Ando when good was a proper player, waste of ability.

Jacob

Up there with Sanchez for worst spent funds in club's history so far.

Welbeckham

A 19-year-old Anderson was from different planet compared with him. Even 25-year-old fat Anderson was still better, that’s how outrageously talented he was.

Inter Yer Nan

He can run and cover ground but not sure what else? Hopefully he becomes valuable or at least a good squad option but it's troublesome watching a footballer who can barely make basic passes and loses the ball so much even not under pressure.

Devil may care

The hyperbole is flying tonight, he wasn't great but the shovels are out burying the guy.

Moulding this brazilian samba beachsoccer player into a ball winner is impossible.
Is that what he is? When I saw him at Shaktar he was always more of a grafting CM than that, he actually is pretty good at winning the ball, the problem is when he gets it he doesn't realize his limitations.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This is what happens when you chase Pep's signings. His system makes the player signing work while we need the player to step up and make the system work.

Shit.!

Stadjer

A 19-year-old Anderson was from different planet compared with him. Even 25-year-old fat Anderson was still better, that’s how outrageously talented he was.
Anderson won the golden boy award while Fred played for Shaktar until recently..

Anderson had more talent than most other players but that doesnt mean Fred cant be a useful player.

Status
Not open for further replies.