6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ship50

We have a weak midfield and this guy makes it terrible. He is lacking basic football skills at the moment. Shocking but this is why we are here.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'll say it again, Fred has a serious serious issue when it comes to measuring the weight of his passes, too many he hammers them to a teammate who is close to him. His power bar is broken.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm beginning to think Jose didn't really sign him. Hardly got a game under Mourinho and it's beginning to look obvious why.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He's obviously not as bad as he is playing right now, confidence is a huge factor and when he is getting made into a joke left and right (Bakayoko effect) its tough to keep your head above the water. I hope he is sold this winter, he will probably have a decent career somewhere else.

FredisRed

This man is a fraud and by no means a professional footballer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roboc7

He’s been awful since he joined, have to start buying midfielders in January because him and Matic need to go and Pogba will surely force his way out in the summer.

Dve

Finally he got to start a game i the PL and a chance to claim a spot in the first team. Congrats, Fred, you really stepped up to the occasion. How can Ole possibly leave you out of the team now. Just by looking into your eyes, Fred, I see you have everything that is needed to deal with the pressure of playing for Manchester United. Well done, lad. Now you deserve a long, long break.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm beginning to think Jose didn't really sign him. Hardly got a game under Mourinho and it's beginning to look obvious why.
Agreed, I never thought he was a Jose purchase just due to the fact he hardly played under him. The guy is shocking, I gave him my first ever 1/10 performance for that yesterday.

schmousi

Supports
some local club from my area
sadly - he's the King of sideways and backward passes - I've never seen him taking some offensive risks.

jem

I genuinely thought there might be hope for this guy, that he was just being held back, etc. But he was so abysmal yesterday, constantly passing it backwards and sideways (and rarely with much precision.) Absolutely useless. Much worse business than Alexis.

Noc-Z

ffs
I am beginning to agree with this. Ed showing off again.
It's frightening to think that's possible though isn't it? Ed, the businessman with zero footballing acumen, saying to Jose - here's a midfielder for you. And Jose not even sanctioning it? It does look like after he was signed Jose took a look at him and (rightly) thought nope, not for me.

Who scouted him, who put his name forward, who approved the signing? I don't know but the club is a diabolical mess.

buchansleftleg

Was this some sort of shady financial deal? There were rumours about the Bebe transfer....that's the only reason I can think of for us buying this guy. It can't have been we watched him and thought he was worth it!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's frightening to think that's possible though isn't it? Ed, the businessman with zero footballing acumen, saying to Jose - here's a midfielder for you. And Jose not even sanctioning it? It does look like after he was signed Jose took a look at him and (rightly) thought nope, not for me.

Who scouted him, who put his name forward, who approved the signing? I don't know but the club is a diabolical mess.
The more you look at it, the more you'd think this actually happened. It's totally insane if this is true.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The wages and transfer fee we spent on Fred...we could have renewed Herrera and bought a right midfielder. Day oh days...

PaulScholes99

I could imagine that it is true that we just bought him because City was interested.

Garebo

Terrible player. We will need at least 3 midfielders given that Pogba, Matic, Fred and Mata will be sold.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
So... Mourinho just defended himself saying Fred was never his option to reinforce the middle, but Woodward told him it was Fred or nothing and he took it.

DoomSlayer

So... Mourinho just defended himself saying Fred was never his option to reinforce the middle, but Woodward told him it was Fred or nothing and he took it.
Did he actually say this? Because in that summer we got Fred, I remember vividly Mourinho getting interviewed and being almost giddy about how every club needs a Brazilian player, how exciting they are in general in terms of football style and basically since the earliest moments of the summer holiday was adamant that we are getting a Brazilian player.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/jose-mourinho-love-affair-with-brazilian-players

Johan07

Mourinho is such a cnut.
Of course Fred was not his is first choice, but if you say yes to getting him anyways you cant cry about not getting another player nxt window for the same position.
This goes for Bailly and Victor as well, were they first picks? Probably not, but if you have to be fecking realistic.
You cant just buy players every season if your first options are not available.
And then think you can do the same allover again and cry about Maguire nxt season.
There has to be some long-term view as we seem to be doing now with Sancho.

Gomes

Mourinho is such a cnut.
Of course Fred was not his is first choice, but if you say yes to getting him anyways you cant cry about not getting another player nxt window for the same position.
This goes for Bailly and Victor as well, were they first picks? Probably not, but if you have to be fecking realistic.
And then think you can do the same allover again and cry about Maguire nxt season.
Fred was bought in 2018 and Maguire should have been bought in the same year.
There's absolutely zero chance of getting Sancho. There may or may not have been a chance to buy him this year but this "long-term view" is why he will never play for United.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I think it's almost certain that Jose was told he could get Fred or no one. An already disillusioned from Mourinho thought feck it and took him, and then obviously things became fairly obvious in training.

The rest is history.

Johan07

Fred was bought in 2018 and Maguire should have been bought in the same year.
There's absolutely zero chance of getting Sancho. There may or may not have been a chance to buy him this year but this "long-term view" is why he will never play for United.
Naw, we cant just buy our 4-5th choices on every position every year if the others are not avaliable. That policy is exactly what has fecked us up the last 6 years.
EDIT
And if I would guess I think Sanchos camp has been felt out already before nxt summer. There is not a lot of clubs that can afford him. And we are still United.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Did he actually say this? Because in that summer we got Fred, I remember vividly Mourinho getting interviewed and being almost giddy about how every club needs a Brazilian player, how exciting they are in general in terms of football style and basically since the earliest moments of the summer holiday was adamant that we are getting a Brazilian player.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/jose-mourinho-love-affair-with-brazilian-players
Might just be the press fueling, but where there's smoke...

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Mourinho is such a cnut.
Typical of him dropping the bomb off record, but where's the Mourinho that once said he would never accept a situation where he would be forced to drop standards.

manunited1919

Mourinho is definitely a Cnut, but he also had good reason to behave the way he behaved. We now see with OLE what happens when a weak manager acquiesces to an incompetent board. If Jose had been supported to the tune of $150-$200 million per summer, we would be competing for titles. Instead, he was barely supported and now the club are in a position where they will need to make $400-$600 investment to just get in a competitive position again, and we will also need to change managers again. Who is really responsible for the mess we are in?

Status
Not open for further replies.