View full 2019-20 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the only reason he's still getting stick from fans is because of his transfer fee.
Players do not create their own valuations. It's not Fred's fault that he's a 20-25m quality player and we chose to pay 50m for him.

I don't see a huge difference between Fred and McT when it comes to performances but McT is young and from the Academy so he must be objectively better.
McT has performed far far better than Fred. It’s not just the transfer fee, one is a 26 year old seasoned professional, and he’s not performed. He’s not performing full stop, he’s not even a £20m player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
McT has performed far far better than Fred. It’s not just the transfer fee, one is a 26 year old seasoned professional, and he’s not performed. He’s not performing full stop, he’s not even a £20m player.
It's not that he's not performing, he's just not performing to YOUR expectations.

Let's be honest the guy is decent water carrier. He has good stamina, tackles well and passes well on the floor.

We should never have bought him for £50m, but we did. He's a good squad player but he'll never grow to be better than Pogba or Keane or whatever you expect. he's limited.

Right now he's doing a good job, that's all that matters until we can find somebody better.

romufc

It's not that he's not performing, he's just not performing to YOUR expectations.

Let's be honest the guy is decent water carrier. He has good stamina, tackles well and passes well on the floor.

We should never have bought him for £50m, but we did. He's a good squad player but he'll never grow to be better than Pogba or Keane or whatever you expect. he's limited.

Right now he's doing a good job, that's all that matters until we can find somebody better.
Well summarised.

The fact that 99% of the fans know £50m was not worth it but keep banging on about it is not going to change the fact.

We just have to move on and hopefully he produces decent performances till the end of the season until we can get someone in.

ReddBalls

I agree. The hope is he is doing his job well enough for Ole to put Pogba back as a number 10, where he played in the beginning of Oles tenure, until Herrerra got injured.

Last edited:

My expectations are pretty low, and he’s failing to hit them.

He’s at the level of Tom Cleverly to be honest.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He has a specific job and a regular partner at the moment. For the first time. And the improvement is clear. We need him right now and he's getting better at what we need him for. That'll do for now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My expectations are pretty low, and he’s failing to hit them.

He’s at the level of Tom Cleverly to be honest.
Fergie won titles with cleverly. I personally think fred is a better midfielder than he ever was, but we can improve.

Foxbatt

I have seen the match a couple of times and every time I feel that I give him more credit. yes he is not doing anything spectacular but he is doing like what the navy would say fleet in being. the fact that he was patrolling the important areas of the pitch especially the centre was denying Chelsea the space. I feel that when Pogba is back, he should play instead of Lingard and let Fred and McTominay be the base of the midfield.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’ve said several times that he’s a good player that needed time to settle and he’d be an asset for us. He should be starting every game for us right now. He still shaking the stigma off of a disappointing first season, but he’s had a run of good performances that are not getting enough credit yet. If we give him a consistent run of games, I believe he will be a very good player for us.

Litch

Mate getting fouled 30 yards out barely within shooting distance is not anything to sing about.
Singing????? Not singing just responding. So he doesn't make the run, he doesn't get tackled and therefore there's no freekick. What would you prefer?

marktan

I thought he was one of our better players today. Not amazing but got around well and was good on the ball. I'm not sure if there's a £50m player in there but a good squad option to have.

Bwuk

Looks like he’s won a competition to play for United. Never in the right place, hides far too often.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's dire. There'll be some here rating his performance just because he was involved though.

edgar allan

He broke up play well, bare misplaced a pass and positioned himself well. Not sure how anyone can say he was bad apart from a few tame shots.
If you mean he wasn't anywhere near as abjectly useless today as he has been on many occasions this season then I would have to agree.

JoaquinJoaquin

Biased against what? He's shit. What agenda could their possibly be towards a player who provides the quality of "gets involved."
Well what basis can you criticise him today apart from a few tame shots? Compare that to McTominay and Pereira in the midfield next time who were absolute dire.

Strats

He was alright imo, however he should stop shooting from distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.