6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Was left to do it all in midfield today, set pieces we’re poor though but not like anyone else does better.

RedIan

His shooting is amongst the worst ive seen. Consistently off target by a mile. Pass the ball do not take the F-ing shot. He has improved of late but hes still a very average midfielder by our standards and should be upgraded.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very good, he was everywhere both in attack and defense.

DoomSlayer

I'm sorry, how did he have a good game? Shooting is one of the worst in the squad, no creativity and we couldn't break down a team that had 0 midfielders on the pitch. McTominay made at least 2 defense splitting passes, yet he was a lot worse, according to the Caf rating. Absolutely hilarious.

MDFC Manager

Only one playing in our midfield. McTominay left him too much to do, but still a very decent performance.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Never stops running and tries to be as positive as he can. Still obvious flaws in his game but has improved no ends from last/the start of this season. One of the positives from Pogbas injury. If Fred didn't get such a long run in the team I'm sure he would of played a few games here and there and would of got slated off for his performances in 90% of his games. Instead we can see he's a more compete player than we thought. He's definitely a confidence player and you can only get that by playing in continuous games. Long may it continue.

Litch

Never stops running and tries to be as positive as he can. Still obvious flaws in his game but has improved no ends from last/the start of this season. One of the positives from Pogbas injury. If Fred didn't get such a long run in the team I'm sure he would of played a few games here and there and would of got slated off for his performances in 90% of his games. Instead we can see he's a more compete player than we thought. He's definitely a confidence player and you can only get that by playing in continuous games. Long may it continue.
Agree def flaws to his game but that's the same for 90% of players. Shooting isn't his thing but hes a DM, and he's doing exactly what it says on the tin....

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In regards to his shooting, there are times he needs to go for all or nothing because he has no other real option and can't risk losing the ball in open play as there's nobody covering behind him. Herrera used to do the same and confirmed it was a deliberate tactic that Mourinho (or maybe LVG?) wanted him to do so the opposition couldn't rip us apart on the counter attack when we were too open.

Fred does go overboard at times though.

I'm sorry, how did he have a good game? Shooting is one of the worst in the squad, no creativity and we couldn't break down a team that had 0 midfielders on the pitch. McTominay made at least 2 defense splitting passes, yet he was a lot worse, according to the Caf rating. Absolutely hilarious.
None of that is his job. He is there to win the ball high up the pitch and move it quickly to a more creative player. He did it well today.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought he was very good, don't give two fecks if he was wayward in his shooting today. His all round game was good enough.

Devil81

Improving every week but we seem to have our new Anderson is the shooting department, just pass rather than rashly swipe at a pass.

Dve

He´s been very consistent of late and have learned to stay calm when he receives the ball deep on the pitch. He needs to learn the same when he is in a shooting position, cause then the blood rushes to his brain.

Dve

I don´t agree with your analysis that Untied were unable to break down Everton. 24 goal attempts, plenty of chances created, but bad finishing, and some good saves as well. Fred and McTominay absolutely bossed the midfield. One dangerous miss passed ball from McTominay, otherwise solid performances from both.

SambaBoy

Was popping up everywhere and was constantly winning the ball back. I thought he started the game quite poorly but grew into it after Everton scored and was trying to make things happen. He needs to stop shooting however, such a waste when he's trying to shoot from 30 yards with his weaker foot.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He did well today but he needs to stop shooting because his shooting has been shocking. Or at least stop shooting with your right foot because that’s what he’s been doing recently, right foot is his weak foot.

I think he has shown in previous matches that he can take decent corner, but today were awful corners he delivered. Practice more.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If you want to question players performance, question our front 4 today. We dominated the midfield today & created chances. Not sure how are you finding it hilarious like it wasn’t true. We need a better quality of creativity in the final third but that’s not down to our 2 midfield but it’s down to our front 4.

DoomSlayer

If you want to question players performance, question our front 4 today. We dominated the midfield today & created chances. Not sure how are you finding it hilarious like it wasn’t true. We need a better quality of creativity in the final third but that’s not down to our 2 midfield but it’s down to our front 4.
I'm not saying the midfield was bad, my point is that I expected a lot more from Fred in terms of creativity, which was seen a lot more from McTominay, yet people are calling his performance out as being out. The worst player by far was Lingard, followed by Martial, if we are talking about midfield and attack.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Because shooting and creativity in attack is all we need to measure midfielders by?

Talk about absolutely hilarious.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm not saying the midfield was bad, my point is that I expected a lot more from Fred in terms of creativity, which was seen a lot more from McTominay, yet people are calling his performance out as being out. The worst player by far was Lingard, followed by Martial, if we are talking about midfield and attack.
You were questioning Fred "how did he have a good game".

Well,
We had 24 shots & 67% possession. May be you should expect a lot more from Rashord, Lingard, Martial & James in terms of the final third.

DoomSlayer

You were questioning Fred "how did he have a good game".

Well,
We had 24 shots & 67% possession. May be you should expect a lot more from Rashord, Lingard, Martial & James in terms of the final third.
I do expect more, like I said, I think Lingard and Martial were lacking a lot.

Sylar

A run in the team has defo helped him.

I do wonder if he scores rocket after rocket in training, and it doesnt come off in games? ... Ok maybe not.

Thought he did well but can do more (would like to see him add goals and assists given his position).

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I thought he put in another very good performance yesterday and was yet again one of our better players. Some really nice touches and really gets stuck in. I personally don't mind his shots, one will go in one day. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't trying to score every now and again.

For me, he is one of the first names on the team sheet now.

led_scholes

I felt that McT was knackered, and for the last 20-30 minutes Fred was alone. Overall, good performance. The pass to Bissaka in the corner was :drool:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was recorded at a speed of 37.29 kilometres against Everton according to Opta which takes him to the top of the speed charts for us. The official website has the full breakdown of the speeds if anyone is interested.

pascell

Very poor game from him today, didnt help him that McTominay was all over the place also.

There was a point in the game which summed his performance up perfectly. He controlled it with the inside of him right foot which flew up in the air, then with his left smashed it back up into the air to McTominay or Shaw, who were stood 4 yards away.

Best of a bad bunch today. None of the midfield could cope with Watford's fouling/tackling tactics.

el3mel

He's an average player that needs to be upgraded whenever we decide to move on. He doesn't shite the bed as much as he was last season but at the same time I doubt anyone think of him as a good enough for a consistent top 4 team. For a 50m it has been a big waste of money to just get a player who at his best is average.

criticalanalysis

Very poor game from him today, didnt help him that McTominay was all over the place also.

There was a point in the game which summed his performance up perfectly. He controlled it with the inside of him right foot which flew up in the air, then with his left smashed it back up into the air to McTominay or Shaw, who were stood 4 yards away.
I think that's harsh.

I thought he was all over the pitch and was playing, defensive, central and attacking midfielder all at the same time.

He was massively let down by McTominay and Lingard, then by OGS by asking him to play there on his jack jones with Pogba and Mata in front of him.

He left it out there on the pitch and I don't mean that in 'he tried way'. He didn't hide in tackling, receiving or passing the ball in all sorts of awkward/disadvantageous situations.

His performance was the closest I could have 'praised' today out of anyone else apart from Pogba.

Untd55

Think he was much better when more technical players came on. It allowed more intricate play between the players, but the change was far too late.

I actually think the player who needs replacing first in the midfield is McTominay. Fred has more to him, which I think will be more beneficial when playing next to better midfielders.

Woodenlung

He's a similar player to McTominay in that they're both at their best when tasked with harrying the opposition, winning the ball back and playing quick passes to the forwards when in transition. And much like McTom, he doesn't have the ability on the ball to break down defences that sit back.

I don't think he's a bad player like some others seem to. Bit his qualities aren't suited for games against a lot of sides in the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.