6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holocene

He's a similar player to McTominay in that they're both at their best when tasked with harrying the opposition, winning the ball back and playing quick passes to the forwards when in transition. And much like McTom, he's doesn't have the ability on the ball to breakdown defended that sit back.

I don't think he's a bad player like some others seem to. Bit his qualities aren't suited for games against a lot of sides in the league.
Agreed.

Both of their strengths are off the ball. It's no coincidence that we've seen the best of them in big games where they see little of the ball. It's games like today (and most of the season) where harrying the opposition and winning the ball back isn't enough for a midfielder. They offer no threat with passing between the lines.

I thought he was okay today, actually. A lot better than McTominay.

-Supreme-

Think he was much better when more technical players came on. It allowed more intricate play between the players, but the change was far too late.

I actually think the player who needs replacing first in the midfield is McTominay. Fred has more to him, which I think will be more beneficial when playing next to better midfielders.
Agreed.

We need a deep-lying midfielder to play to Fred and Pogba full potential

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was below his recent standard today, although looked better in the second half, particularly when Pogba came on, they linked up well. Overall, would file under ‘poor game’.

Alabaster Codify7

Neither he nor McTominay are good enough to be starters, for me. They'd be very solid squad options/rotation options but if money were no object I'd upgrade both.

Litch

After that team performance, it's hard for anyone to come out of it glowing. I think some of us knew the vultures were always circling.....

Kostov

Our midfield was totally all over the place today. Part of it was due to coaching and set up, most importantly it was due to Watford having the same quality in the CM department as us. That tells you about Fred, McTominay and Lingard.

Josep Dowling

I find he’s a clumsy footballer. He gets bullied off the ball a lot which isn’t good when he’s playing a holding roll in midfield. He also has a tendency to turn into danger and drops to the floor if challenged hoping for a free kick. Happened a few times this season and the opposition have been able to break because the ref didn’t give the foul.

I think he has improved but his overall game just isn’t there for me personally. It might work with a Pogba back now. I hope Ole tries McSauce and Fred behind Pogba.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
A couple of months ago I had him written off completely but he's steadily been improving. Would like to see him having an extended run in the team to see if he keeps improving. If not then the standard he's at now isn't good enough to be a starter for us.

simplyared

A couple of months ago I had him written off completely but he's steadily been improving. Would like to see him having an extended run in the team to see if he keeps improving. If not then the standard he's at now isn't good enough to be a starter for us.
That's the problem. He's playing at his peak now. He's not going to improve. What we are seeing is what we're going to get. Which is as you say not good enough!

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He had his little honeymoon period when he looked just slightly above average but seemed to come crashing back down into irrelevance yesterday.

Reddevildans

Hes ok. Nothing more and nothing less. A mid to upper league football player with limited ability. He'll do the simple stuff well but when it comes to tight control and incision passing hes not that great. He can run with the ball but does nothing productive after it. His shot from outside the box is also woeful. All in all hes a decent squad player but not the player we should be banking on taking us forward.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Fantastic. But please don't ever take another free kick and please don't ever, ever shoot.

Andersons Dietician

The amount of work he gets through is ridiculous and to be honest although yes occasionally some lapse passes (normally from trying to force something) the speed he moves it about is a massive benefit to us.

I really wonder what will happen when Pogba is fully fit and we get a proper DM. Right now I would think McT probably gets benched.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
One more good game, passed the ball well and won possession quickly. His work rate is very good.

Ban

Hes ok. Nothing more and nothing less. A mid to upper league football player with limited ability. He'll do the simple stuff well but when it comes to tight control and incision passing hes not that great. He can run with the ball but does nothing productive after it. His shot from outside the box is also woeful. All in all hes a decent squad player but not the player we should be banking on taking us forward.
Harsh.

Irwin99

Gave him Motm (probably Martial should have got it but hey). Very impressive again and very composed most of the time.

mu4c_20le

Anderson 2.0 especially with the shooting... great engine though. Happy with his progress

RedIan

A very good performance. Made a couple errors but over all very neat first time passing and moved well. Shame he cant shoot..

Foxbatt

If we play with a holding/defensive midfield player we will see a much better Fred.

Ace of Spades

He has improved a lot and looks to be now well settled in to the club. His workrate was never a problem, but he has stopped making those costly mistakes that he used to make and become a very good, solid player.

Canagel

I hope this is the end of the Fred slander. His place is secure and anyone that wants to take it has a big fight on his hands to displace him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Solid acceleration and can suddenly change direction of dribble and pass it quick... just what we need for a quick attacking football.

Some of his shots outside the box though... :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I hope this is the end of the Fred slander. His place is secure and anyone that wants to take it has a big fight on his hands to displace him.
Yeah that's done now. He's our guy. He just needs a couple of goals to achieve cult status.

simplyared

Still loses possession in dangerous situations. Caused their goal today. A squad player and nothing more for me. Needs to show more than just transporting the ball from a to b before I'm convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.