Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was very good, his movement and decision making looks so much sharper this season.

He certainly took his time acclimatising to English football, used to look sluggish to get his head up and make a decision but he's looking the part more now.

Steven Seagull

Fair play to him after that wedding debacle and previous shite showings, I thought he should be on the chopping block. But he has looked much better and at least showed the very minimum of old fashioned work rate and desire. Hope he continues to play well amongst the shite

thepolice123

Had a great battle with Wijnaldum in midfield today. How many times did he meg their players. Was brilliant to see.

Nep77

Need to find him a good partner and soonish. I wish he will release a ball little quicker sometime other than that what a performance.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good.

Still, so selfish on the break, and was dribbled past the joint most times in the game along with Maguire. Didn't really find our attackers with his passing either, which is why we only looked decent when Martial dropped deep and started linking things together.
One of the reasons we look so fragile defensively. Constantly getting bypassed in midfield.

Probably our best on the ball though and the best of a bad bunch.
Yeah, which is why McTominay is so vital despite not being that good himself.

mu4c_20le

His physical strength was so important today when Liverpool were being shithouses and bumping into him when he was driving forward with the ball.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I thought he was the best player on the pitch. Definitely doesn't deserve to be losing games at the moment...but arguably should've tested Alisson earlier on.

AR87

Good.

Still, so selfish on the break, and was dribbled past the joint most times in the game along with Maguire. Didn't really find our attackers with his passing either, which is why we only looked decent when Martial dropped deep and started linking things together.

Yeah, which is why McTominay is so vital despite not being that good himself.
He gets dribbled past so often because he's up-and-down the pitch. This is why we need a quality DM behind him. Matic isn't mobile enough and McTominay not creative or good enough in possession against teams who sit deep.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Definitely on track for the POTY. He's been immense this season. Really stepped up.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He gets dribbled past so often because he's up-and-down the pitch. This is why we need a quality DM behind him. Matic isn't mobile enough and McTominay not creative or good enough in possession against teams who sit deep.
I agree. Though, even when he's sitting, I still think he's too easy to beat, but I don't want to be too negative on him. He's been very good this season, and he was good tonight.

Steven-UK

Fred was the best of an absolute dire bunch of players that we now have, but he is still nowhere near good enough for Manchester United, unless we have now accepted 'average' as the new standard....which we have.

AR87

Fred was the best of an absolute dire bunch of players that we now have, but he is still nowhere near good enough for Manchester United, unless we have now accepted 'average' as the new standard....which we have.
Fred outplayed the entirety of Liverpool's midfield with an immobile Matic as his partner. Maybe he wouldn't be good enough for Liverpool either, a totally not good or dominant team.

mu4c_20le

Only if you put him next to Keane, scholes, robson, etc. Do you think Henderson or Wijnaldum is good enough for Manchester United?

flappyjay

Nah this can't be right. Fred keeps putting on good performances regardless of opposition, I would says with every week he proves he was worth the 52m. I can't wait to see him with a fully functional midfield

The United

I find the situation weird. He has been putting good performances for us. But, our midfield needs a Carrick type. None of the current midfield except for Pogue can pass more than 10 years with accuracy regularly.

It slows down massively with our ball movements. He should be a squad player for us if we are aiming to compete at the top.

Skills

Snitch
He's been great. Solid character as well, considering the amount of shit he got from our fanbase last season.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Fred, Greenwood and Brandon Williams have been the shining lights of the season.

If people keep saying it's Maguire, AWB n James I will continue to laugh at them. All of them been bang average.

Thiagoal

I find the situation weird. He has been putting good performances for us. But, our midfield needs a Carrick type. None of the current midfield except for Pogue can pass more than 10 years with accuracy regularly.

It slows down massively with our ball movements. He should be a squad player for us if we are aiming to compete at the top.
Do you think Henderson, Wijnaldom and AOC are better than Fred?

Ban

Oh please.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Best player on the pitch in the second half.

Been unsure of him and still don't think he's great against the weaker teams but it's not the first time he's impressed in a big game this season. Shame he doesn't have a midfielder partner at the moment.
To be fair, when he was playing brilliantly earlier in the season, he was being insulted with everyone saying McTominay was making him look good on here, and now your comment insults Matic by saying he doesn’t have a partner. The Serb is playing brilliantly, and the weakness has been the 10.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
To be fair, when he was playing brilliantly earlier in the season, he was being insulted with everyone saying McTominay was making him look good on here, and now your comment insults Matic by saying he doesn’t have a partner. The Serb is playing brilliantly, and the weakness has been the 10.
We need a proper controlling DM first and foremost. If club doesn't see this then that's a big worry.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We need a proper controlling DM first and foremost. If club doesn't see this then that's a big worry.
It depends on how you want to structure your midfield. A ‘controlling’ DM isn’t a footballing necessity.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It depends on how you want to structure your midfield. A ‘controlling’ DM isn’t a footballing necessity.
Obviously. My point is that Bruno for example is not a solution. It is the one behind him who can protect the defence and start the attack.

I mean you have half of peak Matic and see what he can do in terms of composure when we are in possession. Get that guy first.

Edit: and it is not about structure it is about priorities for this team

Status
Not open for further replies.