6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red00012

Decent performance. What we are lacking from him and not just him is goals from midfielders.
I’m picking him out simply because he’s been playing all season. Needs a lot of training though as his shooting and set pieces are awful at best.
Our last 15 PL goals have been scored by either Rashford , Martial or Mason Greenwood.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Decent performance. What we are lacking from him and not just him is goals from midfielders.
I’m picking him out simply because he’s been playing all season. Needs a lot of training though as his shooting and set pieces are awful at best.
Our last 15 PL goals have been scored by either Rashford , Martial or Mason Greenwood.
Tbf. When you expand as much energy as he does, which we all agree is one of his strengths, it will affect his shooting ability. Italian coaches used to limit their strikers from tracking back precisely for this reason.

Red00012

Tbf. When you expand as much energy as he does, which we all agree is one of his strengths, it will affect his shooting ability. Italian coaches used to limit their strikers from tracking back precisely for this reason.
There’s affecting it but he’s woeful at it, to the point where he should be told not to even attempt shooting.

jackal&hyde

Fred is improving steadily under Ole.
He's getting used to the pace of the game i think. The talent was always there and, those that watched him for Shakhtar know what a good little player he is. There is more to come from him imo.

I'm just glad we didn't knee jerk sold him last summer the way some would have wanted to. When the talent is obvious, you have to be a bit patient with some players. It's highly unfortunate that Pogba has been injured because i think McFred and him would have made for a good midfield.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm now content with him being a Manchester United first team member. Took a while but his performances over the past few months have been refreshing.

Just dont shoot.

simplyared

He gets the ball. Keeps it for 3 seconds then passes it sideways, backwards, and if we're lucky, forwards. If he keeps it more than 3 seconds someone takes it off him. Some poster saying he controls the tempo. Feck me how can a player do that when has the ball for 3 seconds. Has anyone seen him go past his opponent, hit a shot on target, anywhere near scoring a goal??

Man Utd 1:0 Wolves
He gets the ball. Keeps it for 3 seconds then passes it sideways, backwards, and if we're lucky, forwards. If he keeps it more than 3 seconds someone takes it off him. Some poster saying he controls the tempo. Feck me how can a player do that when has the ball for 3 seconds. Has anyone seen him go past his opponent, hit a shot on target, anywhere near scoring a goal??
How can you watch Fred and think this? Who gives a feck if a DM isn't beating a man and scoring or getting close to scoring.

And my God he works his balls off.

A-man

He takes unnecessary risks in dangerous areas, and loses possession in bad situations. At the same time, without his hard work -he is fecking everywhere- the team would have no chance in a match like this.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
How can you watch Fred and think this? Who gives a feck if a DM isn't beating a man and scoring or getting close to scoring.

And my God he works his balls off.
Some donut on 5 Live really slagging him off. From what I have seen of Utd he has improved immensely these past 3 months And probably has been your best player apart from Rashford.

Jeez the guy never stops and apart from his shooting he has been awesome for you.

Ban

Many will disagree maybe but I think he's the most important player of ours right now.

ManRed

Should be banned from shooting. Every single shot is far away from the goal, has no technique.

fps

He is clearly being overplayed and just keeps on working away. Respect. But less respect if that misplaced pass had led to a goal again.

Andersons Dietician

He looked imperious for like the first 10 minutes. Was orchestrating everything pinging passes left, right and so assured. Then that ball he tries to volley ping out wide hits Matic and after that for quite a while you could see it was like someone popped his balloon.

Started being a bit erratic after that. He was generally pretty good as he always is but does tend to give the ball away a lot or just get a bit sloppy at times when passing. Made a few crucial tackles/interceptions and again very energetic.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He takes unnecessary risks in dangerous areas, and loses possession in bad situations. At the same time, without his hard work -he is fecking everywhere- the team would have no chance in a match like this.
Well said.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Should be banned from shooting. Every single shot is far away from the goal, has no technique.
Agreed. I don't see why we just don't convey those simple instructions to him. Seems very odd.

Stadjer

Started of terrible but var saved him.

First he chested the ball for some reason and after the recovery after the throw in he blased it, for some strange reason, against Matic and Wolves scored. After that he did improve

He also had some nice passes. Created a chance for James for example.

Djemba-Djemba

Bad pass almost led to us going 1-0 down, thanks VAR, and his shooting technique is maybe the worst I've seen at Utd since Anderson.

Still overall a good game from him and the difference between his performances now and even just a few months ago is night and day. He's improved so much, he's a good solid player now. Not £50m worth but I'll take that now.

binary bot
Ridiculous levels of energy. He'll always be useful on that strength alone. He's running about in the 90th minute like its the first.

Litch

Poor first half, improved second half. Two outstanding passes in the last two games to create chances we should have scored from. Still needs to keep improving but he's the least of our problems

thepolice123

Started of terrible but var saved him.

First he chested the ball for some reason and after the recovery after the throw in he blased it, for some strange reason, against Matic and Wolves scored. After that he did improve

He also had some nice passes. Created a chance for James for example.
He was attempting the first time volley to Williams on the far left and it was actually on target until it hit Matic.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Like most of the first team he's been ran into the ground the past couple of months and,minor a few debatable moments, he's done exceptionally well.

It really is about separating the wheat from the chaff with our squad this season and we're starting to see who's got what it takes to be a United player for seasons to come and who hasn't.
He wont get it but Ole deserves credit here and Fred is a perfect example of a player who's steadily adapted to the team and league and one who can now kick on and be considered for a consistent starting birth once McTomminay,Pogba and potentially Fernandes come into the side.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Desperately needs a rest but we can't afford to give him one unfortunately. Wasn't his best game yesterday but still ok performance IMO.
Needs to get fined for everytime he takes a shot.

MiracleInMadrid

Loved him and Mata the first 15 minutes or so. They seemed so determined and up to it. Played on their first or second touch, and kept things ticking. Shifted the play from the one side of the pitch to the other fast and with conviction.

We need that sort of quick play when we need to break down teams who stay deep. It's one of the things that Liverpool does so well. Most of the season our midfielders have taken a lot of touches and struggled to find options ahead of them quickly enough, which has allowed opponents to mark our players and never be rattled out of shape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Penna

sugar_kane

He’s definitely improved but observing him last night I think he may be a big part of our overall team weaknesses which is inconsistent pressing and not showing for the ball

it’s strange because he is capable of both but he seems to forget half of the time.

Kostov

I really don't rate him as anything more than decent, at best that is. What is he, a CDM? Because people go past him like he isn't there at all. He can hit a very decent forward pass, but than he can make hospital passes like that one last night that nearly cost us. Also how stupid you should be to keep on shooting when you have such a terrible shot on you? Every fecking game, he pulls a circus shot that a pro footballer should be ashamed off. We need better.

MAME DIOUF 32

Imagine how different our points tally would be if everyone put in the effort this guy does. He's become a machine. It's like he'd rather die than stop running.

acnumber9

Him and Matić were great and gave us half a chance. Just no quality in the final third unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.