6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

What do you expect? He is a one man midfield vs 5 city midfield players. I was really amazed as at one point he was the one defending in our box and then pressing their defenders in their box.
My favourite part was at one point he was on the opposite wing from Williams. Plays a cross field ball to williams then pops up on the left to take the ball off Williams whilst everyone else is I presume thinking about what they are going to have for tea.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The only player from our side, barring Rashford that would get into the city team.

Our best player tonight. Williams was good also.

mu4c_20le

Loved his fight, as usual. Watching him push Mahrez off the pitch was such a stark contrast to Herrera getting picked up like a little kid

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
1 man midfield at times, probably gonna end up my player of the season. Only one looking to get it forward at times, against a midfield as good as City he was doing the job of Lingard and Pereira (who was better in the 2nd half) as well as his own.

Nori-

Call me harsh but I just see Fred as an expensive Anderson.

What is he good at offering the team?! He doesn't score, doesn't assist, isn't strong, not good in the air, isn't good at through balls. He can get a few passes together in the centre of the pitch....that's it

If we can get £30m for him which i doubt, take the money and run. Awful player

RedIan

Hes won me over, turning into a very decent CM player. a real grafter and decent distribution. He may get better in the final third ?? but hes doing ok on the middle.

youmeletsfly

What is he good at offering the team?! He doesn't score, doesn't assist, isn't strong, not good in the air, isn't good at through balls. He can get a few passes together in the centre of the pitch....that's it

Get a bigger TV man, you really ain't seeing the game right.

He doesn't need to be good in the air, he is good at through balls, he can dribble, he can defend, he positions himself quite okay, he runs like a horse, most of his pases are forward ones.

Check your eyes son.

ROFLUTION

He's turned into a class act even though he's had tough conditions from his teammates for doing so.

Today he almost ran like Ji Sung Park. Was all over and constant stuck in. He wants the ball, he wants to be where it happens. Its great to see and a huge contrast to a player like Lingard

ShinjiNinja26

He’s really improved over the last few months. Went from being one of the first out the door to one of the first on the team sheet.

One of the few players that could walk off the pitch with his head held high tonight.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
The guy never stops and is always looking at spaces to fill in. He is definitely one of the 4 or 5 you should be thinking of keeping. If he was at City or Pool you would be drooling over him with his intricate passes but he is constantly fighting a tide on his own.

Canagel

Only starting man worthy enough to play for City.

Last edited:

Kostov

A very very average midfielder. I am shocked by the praise he is getting after that performance. Slow to close down for the first goal and couple of other mistakes. I can’t fault his work rate but frankly he isn’t good enough like the majority of his teammates.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's been a solid 6 and 7 for a couple of months now.

Atleast the 50 million fee doesn't look too stupid.

criticalanalysis

The guy never stops and is always looking at spaces to fill in. He is definitely one of the 4 or 5 you should be thinking of keeping. If he was at City or Pool you would be drooling over him with his intricate passes but he is constantly fighting a tide on his own.
The way his feet cover ground with his low centre of gravity and ability to intercept/block/harry opposition is quite fun to watch if we weren't so sh|te.

Foxbatt

You blame him for not closing down for the first goal? It is Jones who should have. The man is a one man midfield and he is bound to make mistakes of course. At least he can pass the ball and has the vision to make those passes. You put him with two other midfield players including a holding midfield player and you will see a better Fred.

Andersonson

Agree. His postitional sense is awful too. Suddenly he's pressing alone and leaving huge gap behind him. And when the 3 upfront is pressing he's too far away.

I dont ser the hype at all. Not a good CM in my eyes, he can run around as much as he can but its so much more being a good holding midfielder. Scott is alot better than him. Fred is above Pereira though. He's truly awful

Foxbatt

Agree. His postitional sense is awful too. Suddenly he's pressing alone and leaving huge gap behind him. And when the 3 upfront is pressing he's too far away.

I dont ser the hype at all. Not a good CM in my eyes, he can run around as much as he can but its so much more being a good holding midfielder. Scott is alot better than him. Fred is above Pereira though. He's truly awful
Do you realise that we are playing only two midfield players actually? If he is pressing forward then one of the CBs need to cover into that position in the first half. If he does not press no one is pressing and City would just pass it around and we would not recover the ball.

Andersonson

Do you realise that we are playing only two midfield players actually? If he is pressing forward then one of the CBs need to cover into that position in the first half. If he does not press no one is pressing and City would just pass it around and we would not recover the ball.
Of course I know that we play with two holding midfielders. But when he suddenly runs past our AM (not only Lingard ) to press alone its not really expected. And when our front 'four' is pressing City had a player completly open and free in the middle of the park, Fred then dont press??

They even highlighted it on TV.

fergieisold

Can we really trust the judgement of CMs from a man who's username is Andersonson? ;)

Kostov

You blame him for not closing down for the first goal? It is Jones who should have. The man is a one man midfield and he is bound to make mistakes of course. At least he can pass the ball and has the vision to make those passes. You put him with two other midfield players including a holding midfield player and you will see a better Fred.
I am no fan of Phil Jones, but that's totally on Fred, nothing to do with the CB.

Ekeke

What do you expect? He is a one man midfield vs 5 city midfield players. I was really amazed as at one point he was the one defending in our box and then pressing their defenders in their box.
Its not just against City, teams always dribble past him. He's not that good a DM but he's very mobile, works very hard, has a lot of energy and can play some nice passes.

jackal&hyde

A good game from him during a terrible game from the team. I glad he's showing himself to be a good.

AlexUTD

He is the only decent midfielder we have that is not injured and you are talking about selling him??

Stay off the drugs mate seriously.

JoaquinJoaquin

Can see why Pep wanted him. He really is a very good midfielder. Feel sorry for him having to be in that midfield though.

flappyjay

Doesn't get the recognition he deserves because of the players around him in midfield.

Falcow

He can be too sloppy in possession at times, really needs to cut that out but apart from that he is great. He is the only player who gives 100% a 100% of the time, he just never stops working and for that alone he should be the first name on the team sheet.

Litch

A very very average midfielder. I am shocked by the praise he is getting after that performance. Slow to close down for the first goal and couple of other mistakes. I can’t fault his work rate but frankly he isn’t good enough like the majority of his teammates.
Glad to see you are finally in the minority. The more you post, the more you look like you have a clear agenda. You might well be surprised but that's cause you clearly have a blind spot when it comes to Fred.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I really like him and he's been excellent. But he must be absolutely fecking knackered, so many times he's one man against 3 or 4. It's a disgrace how much work he's having to do all by himself.

Kostov

Glad to see you are finally in the minority. The more you post, the more you look like you have a clear agenda. You might well be surprised but that's cause you clearly have a blind spot when it comes to Fred.
Stating my honest opinion is no agenda. Fred obviously along with Williams looked our best players, but most of it was due to the shambolic shit happening all around them. I don't fault his heart and desire, but he is a painfully average midfielder. For a supposed MF with a defensive nous, he gets so easily bypassed and turned it's not even funny. He will probably benefit the moment that we actually have an actual CDM playing alongside and he gets to play the Herrera role in a midfield 3. At the moment he, along with his partner in midfield are one of the main reasons why we can't fix our defense, and have very little control of the game. Combine that with his ordinary attacking output, add to that his constant brain farts, and regular 2 shocking shots per game, you get Fred.

Talk about "worth the 50m we paid" it just shows how our fan base have lowered their standards. The moment when we have an actual quality midfielder most on here would take notice. As it stands, I'd rather have Herrera, and I really didn't rate him neither, not like many on here did.

Status
Not open for further replies.