Fred | no longer Fred the Red but now a Turkish delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Royal

His fans confuse me. He can’t even speak good English. How does anyone feel connected to a player who is average on the pitch and can’t communicate / engage well off the pitch?
He shows passion on the pitch and has a wonderful smile when things went well. He doesn't need to speak English for us to understand that.

RuudTom83

The entire Fulham links seem to come from Fred having a chat with Silva after the game.

Maybe they were both just walking in the same direction to the bus.

Plastic Evra

Harsh crowds in Manchester.

Fred is the guy coming to help you load the lorry when you move out. Brought his friend Wout. Half the people who promised to be there will later argue they had an emergency this morning. They're a bit over the place in terms of organisation but can't fault the lads, they did get that couch through the stairs. Eventually.

Anyhow, like a player who always puts his shift in. And if he's a bit of a donkey... Well not his fault. He's what you have on the pitch right now. Glad if we get an upgrade, but cheers to all those that did their best with the shirt on.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Great deal for Fenerbahce tbh. Fred was mostly good for us, but clear ETH didn't fancy him.

Malkovich

If you divide the first team (twelve players) into two teams, Fred performed in the better 6 performers of this theoretical team in each of the past 3 seasons at least. So if you call his time here as shite, you have to call half the team as shite. That's if you actually stop and see it without bias

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Good luck Fred. Good Fred was quality, bad Fred was absolutely shocking. :lol:

Suv666

Wish him the best always love player who give it their all no matter the ability.

Real Name

Wish him the best of luck. He was solid at times but the problem was even he was bad he was really, really bad. Anyway we need to ship him and other players to go forward.

AndySmith1990

Occasionally good, sometimes decent, but mostly rubbish. A pretty forgettable player all in all. Good luck to him

George The Best

15m Euros for a Brazilian international with 32 appearances, 21 in the last two years, is not great business. Worth far more than that.

OldTrevil

Sad to see him go, but If we get Amrabat it will be an upgrade and our midfield will be better for it. Fred just couldn't nail down that consistency that you need to survive in a top quality midfield, but he definitely has the talent to make it work somewhere like Turkey if the stars align.

Oldyella

His fans confuse me. He can’t even speak good English. How does anyone feel connected to a player who is average on the pitch and can’t communicate / engage well off the pitch?
What's the tipping point in talent before you will ignore some broken English?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That’s cute.

I gravitate towards players that are high quality and good enough to play for Manchester United and have us competitive every week.
If you can’t understand why fans become ingratiated with some players who may not be top quality but have other redeeming features then you’re missing out on a wonderful part of football.

Not everything is “beep beep emotions deleted. All players must be incredible”

Loon

:lol:
Ten Hag kept him nicely on the boil for a year until he could get him out the door. He’s absolutely doing it with other current members of the squad. I said before in 18 months nobody would be left from the Rangnick season.

Might be a bit longer, but it will be Ten Hag’s side constructed soon enough.

IrishRedDevil

If you can’t understand why fans become ingratiated with some players who may not be top quality but have other redeeming features then you’re missing out on a wonderful part of football.

If watching £50m Fred give the ball away is a wonderful part of football, you can keep it for yourself.
A midfield for me is about controlling a game, that’s what I enjoy, not running around aimlessly like a headless chicken. Fred was literally the opposite of control.
It’s about time our club got rid of the likes of him and pushed forward.

Bobade

What's the tipping point in talent before you will ignore some broken English?
The funnier thing is thinking you can't connect with another human unless they speak the same language as you.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
But what if someone says something negative about the team I support on Twitter and other people find it funny? You've given no thought as to how embarrassing that might be for me.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I liked him but also recognise he isn't the type of player we need.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If watching £50m Fred give the ball away is a wonderful part of football, you can keep it for yourself.
A midfield for me is about controlling a game, that’s what I enjoy, not running around aimlessly like a headless chicken. Fred was literally the opposite of control.
It’s about time our club got rid of the likes of him and pushed forward.
Do you really think people like him because he gave the ball away? Or are you just ignoring what others are saying?

Yes he had lots bad games. He also had many good games. He also could be terrible and brilliant in the same 20 seconds. Whilst he may not have been good enough in the end, it was that unsung hero style that endeared him to fans. The chaotic nature of him was very funny at times and it made it fun to watch. Not everything is about your players playing the perfect game. The wonderful part of football I was talking about was finding joy in the little things. It’s the right thing for him to go but there’s nothing wrong in appreciating him. He’s a lovely bloke who tried his best for club and the fact that he doesn’t speak English is irrelevant.

I’m sorry you don’t see players that way but a lot of people do.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Before I like a player, I make sure that they have a degree in English.

IrishRedDevil

Quality control
Getting warning points because I have an opinion on a player that I don’t like and I’m glad to see the back off. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.