Freddy Adu

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Not got a club right now but apparently he's training with Blackpool.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
For some reason I was inspired by this thread to look up Tonton Zola Moukoko and I found a book about FM legends and hour FM ruined my life. Quite funny!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
For some reason I was inspired by this thread to look up Tonton Zola Moukoko and I found a book about FM legends and hour FM ruined my life. Quite funny!
Moukoko will always be a legend in my mind.
Too much FM in the past, I know.

Tarrou

Another legend Justin Georcolin is serving time for GBH now. I wonder if he still fires up CM 01/02 and signs himself. I would.

Brophs

The One and Only
Shame. I'm sure playing for Blackpool was one he could have told the grandchildren. When they next visit.

Bole Top

now in Jagodina, which is in Serbia. that's his 10th club in career.

Robbie Boy

I think it's kinda safe to say that he turned out to be pretty shit. I'm sure wrong career moves, the hype getting to him at such a young age and most likely, poor advice along the way, contributed to him not fulfilling his potential.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He signed for them in the summer but hasn't played yet it seems.

Isn't he good enough for the MLS?

coolredwine

lameredboots
From even before the time of his signing with D.C. United, Adu was spoken of and treated as the future of United States football;[3] even being referred to as "the next Pelé".[4] No one, however, considers him to have lived up to those expectations.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Got a 'trial' at United as a favour to nike.

Surely he's good enough to play in Scotland by now

Bole Top

I don't think he is. serbian league is weaker than scottish league so if he can't cut it there, I don't think there's any hope left for him.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
now in Jagodina, which is in Serbia. that's his 10th club in career.
No disrespect, but in terms of football that's not higher than League One level.
I kind of feel sorry for him. He was shipped from town to town since 14 or even earlier?. That must have caused some psychological damage.

anchan1989

He was an physical overdeveloped 14 year old who played in a league(MLS in the mid 2000s) who was as bad as the 4th league in England and Germany.
He had some talent, USA "soccer" wanted a star, hyped him up and he got exposed as the player he is; an average one.
End of story.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
MLS is currently and was in 2004 above the 4th divisions of England and Germany in quality. It's more on par as a high-level League One/low-level Championship quality.

anchan1989

MLS is currently and was in 2004 above the 4th divisions of England and Germany in quality. It's more on par as a high-level League One/low-level Championship quality.
In 2004? Sorry, there is no way. The league was 8 years old and a collapse was near. The top 2 or 3 maybe a tier higher, the rest was just bad.

MrMarcello

It was above that level. Clearly. The league had its struggles but it was never at or below English/Germany 4th division level. Keep talking shit though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is he still tapping Jojo?

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
In 2004? Sorry, there is no way. The league was 8 years old and a collapse was near. The top 2 or 3 maybe a tier higher, the rest was just bad.
It was above that level. Clearly. The league had its struggles but it was never at or below English/Germany 4th division level. Keep talking shit though.
It may have had early struggles but to say it is currently no better than league one or lower championship is really ignorant. Its becoming a very competitive league. If anything the level is that of high-championship/low-prem

MrMarcello

It may have had early struggles but to say it is currently no better than league one or lower championship is really ignorant. Its becoming a very competitive league. If anything the level is that of high-championship/low-prem
I follow MLS. It's not on par with the higher tier Championship sides. Hence why I say it's more a high-level League One/low-level Championship. The single entity structure is holding the league back, as is the ridiculously low salary cap.

This does not equate to being noncompetitive. However, the clubs routinely fail to make their mark in the CONCACAF CL against clubs from Caribbean and North American nations.

Ringo 07

It's more than likely that he lost his appetite to work hard after becoming a multi millionaire at 14 years old.

NWOntario

Used to sign Adu, Eddie Johnson, Lebohang Mokoena, and a young Messi in FM 2005 and sleepwalk to Champions League victories with lower division sides. Had a Saints team that would just annihilate their opponents with that front four.