French League - 'Ligue 1' 2016/17 | AS Monaco Champions!

Hojoon

Thiago Motta :lol:

Great CM but he's always one of the most dislikable players on the pitch.

Hojoon

What has happened that Motta and ADM got sent off?

Motta is a cnut, never liked him.
They're losing the title for the first time in years and it's probably just frustration as a result. Fun to watch as a neutral.

WhoDaGOAT

I will be livid if Monaco manage to feck this up from here. They should avoid becoming a Leverkusen now.

NYAS

Never before has a fierce local rival been so helpful to their enemies just across the Cote D'Azur :D

Shady

Sad to see Monaco's stadium is still half empty. But very impressive season from them. Great work.

WhoDaGOAT

True, went to the game against Spurs in CL, was very surprised about it.
They do say that Football is the working class man's game. The people of Monaco are probably too busy watching F1 and eating caviar on their lavish yachts. :D

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Di Maria being sent off was the icing on the cake.

You not watching Athletic? Thought you do some scouting for the Caf.
I was keeping an eye on the game, actually taped it as well. They will be my entertainment during the summer when there is no football to watch. Celta rested quite a number of players so it was very easy for Athletic. All I am bothered about is they get their EL place, which unlike us they desperately want.

bucky

I think Nice can surprise some teams in the CL next season.
Depends whether they can keep their players. Ricardo Pereira is just on loan for example. And I'm starting to think that Malang Sarr has already agreed to sign for another club, which is why he doesn't play anymore. It wouldn't surprise me either, if Seri were to be sold.

I was keeping an eye on the game, actually taped it as well. They will be my entertainment during the summer when there is no football to watch. Celta rested quite a number of players so it was very easy for Athletic. All I am bothered about is they get their EL place, which unlike us they desperately want.
Laporte seems to have improved recently?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Depends whether they can keep their players. Ricardo Pereira is just on loan for example. And I'm starting to think that Malang Sarr has already agreed to sign for another club, which is why he doesn't play anymore. It wouldn't surprise me either, if Seri were to be sold.

Laporte seems to have improved recently?
He has. I would love him here. If not here rather he stayed where he is. As long as not City or Liverpool anyway.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
I think this is the end for Emery at PSG. Yeah, he can still win the French Cup but he was hired to make progress in the CL, not to lose the title in France... The Nou Camp disaster ruined their season. He might join his good friend Monchi at A.S. Roma if he gets the sack..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think this is the end for Emery at PSG. Yeah, he can still win the French Cup but he was hired to make progress in the CL, not to lose the title in France... The Nou Camp disaster ruined their season. He might join his good friend Monchi at A.S. Roma if he gets the sack..
Monaco and Nice ruined their season not the Nou Camp game. PSG only lost twice in 2017

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I was hoping Monaco or Nice would win the league while PSG won the CL. Although the second part's no longer possible this is good for Ligue 1 and probably for PSG. Much better for your victories, and for general interest, if you have rivals who can beat you.