g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
My bollocks are ready to explode

VanHaal'sRedArmy

The scenes when Chelsea fans realize they have been taken for a ride on three of their potential summer transfers by Barca.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
The scenes when Chelsea fans realize they have been taken for a ride on three of their potential summer transfers by Barca.
You just couldn't write it could you? Three players, all close to joining Chelsea, all taken by Barca.

Really would explain as to why they refuse to sell Azpi and Alonso to Barca

joedirt87

the latest romero/aggregate tweet was they are meeting with Pique and Busquets agent to ask them to take paycuts or they are in big trouble. activate the 4th lever and then 5th lever - player organs.

Revaulx

If the manager has sent his bosses on a three-month wild goose chase & even held off other actions in the transfer market until a few days before the season begins on a maybe then he is stark raving mental and the worries me big time.
To go this long, this far, this late, the manager better have had something more than a fecking maybe.
Well if his bosses haven’t had the nous or balls to regularly ask him “are you sure about this?”, that doesn’t exactly put them in a good light.

Trequarista10

Are ETH and FDJ even close? Something tells me they ain't.
This situation is so weird. One must convince ETH to look for alternative options by now, we can't go into new season with McFred. Or at least, sign an attacker and RB if we can't get a DM.
Would you rather sign De Jong on deadline day, or sign a 2nd/3rd choice option a few weeks before? I'd rather De Jong..

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Pretty fecking sure they’ve said on multiple occasions, “are you sure he wants to come Erik”.
Yeah i'd agree with that. They're not just going to ask once then not ask again. They'll regularly keep track on whats going on.
At the end of the day, i'm pretty sure they have any doubts, the board could pull the plug anyway, with or without ten hags permission

Revaulx

Pretty fecking sure they’ve said on multiple occasions, “are you sure he wants to come Erik”.
Surely it’s been them rather than Erik that have been talking to Frenkie’s agent though? Maybe he’s the one that wants Frenkie to leave, as he will get a hefty deal fee, and it’s him that’s been making the encouraging noises more than his client?

Baxter

There is a line in Matt Law’s Cucurella article that they are trying to ‘hijack’ United’s protracted move for FDJ.

Surely it’s been them rather than Erik that have been talking to Frenkie’s agent though? Maybe he’s the one that wants Frenkie to leave, as he will get a hefty deal fee, and it’s him that’s been making the encouraging noises more than his client?
Doesn’t matter what the agent says does it? We had our 10 year retired manager on the blower to Ronaldo last Summer.
Erik can and will have spoken to his old player a few times during this saga.

RobbieBerns

Would you rather sign De Jong on deadline day, or sign a 2nd/3rd choice option a few weeks before? I'd rather De Jong..
It’s so short sighted to view it any other way IMO. Whoever we bring in will be an integral part of the squad for a couple years, at minimum, given they money we’ll spend to bring them in. Anyone wanting us to move on to a Neves/Tielemans should not be allowed to say anything regarding an underwhelming United midfield if we do indeed move on to one of those targets.

TheReligion

Abusive
Eth will have spoken to De Jong and the club him and his agent. United were given permission to do so upon agreeing the fee from memory.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
It’s got to be the agents of Messi they are with this evening. This whole situation with de jong and his agents doesn’t seem to be friendly, I wouldn’t imagine any talks would happen over dinner.

Chief123

It really is the most bizarre transfer we’ll come across.

There are so many things that don’t add up to what is being reported. There’s reports that Utd are even willing to pay his deferred wages but it would be against rules/laws taxes blah blah. But the truth is it’s very easy to achieve. Utd simply put in a bid which is 17m more than the “agreed” price to cover the wages issue. It wouldn’t break any rules. It just means that’s the price both clubs agreed. But for some strange reason that hasn’t happened either. So right now feck knows.

Chief123

FDJ would be competing against Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic. All the other midfielders are irrelevant other than being excess baggage as FDJ is better than all of them. So I still think it’s viable chelsea want him based on the fact Kante and Jorginho won’t be here next summer. Chelsea are probably trying to plan for the future as well as present.

Status
Not open for further replies.