Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trequarista10

It’s so short sighted to view it any other way IMO. Whoever we bring in will be an integral part of the squad for a couple years, at minimum, given they money we’ll spend to bring them in. Anyone wanting us to move on to a Neves/Tielemans should not be allowed to say anything regarding an underwhelming United midfield if we do indeed move on to one of those targets.
Exactly. I even rate Neves and Tielemans, but De Jong is another level.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This deal is only happening once laporta and murtough have shared a donner kebab slathered in garlic mayo after a drunken night out on the town
Just one Doner Kebab? Nah it'll have to be an extra large special mixed meat kebab, with all the extras, 2 large bottles of coke, 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, a pack of doritos and sour cream and salsa dip.

Oh, and Murtough has to pay too, thats the condition

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
Just one Doner Kebab? Nah it'll have to be an extra large special mixed meat kebab, with all the extras, 2 large bottles of coke, 2 boxes of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, a pack of doritos and sour cream and salsa dip.

Oh, and Murtough has to pay too, thats the condition
true, Graham hunter will tell you that barca could pay for that kebab if they wanted, but they lost their wallet, but again they could definitely pay for it.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
true, Graham hunter will tell you that barca could pay for that kebab if they wanted, but they lost their wallet, but again they could definitely pay for it.
Oh definitely. It's one of them, you pay for it, and i'll give it you back later kinda deals.

Except later never arrives

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
FDJ would be competing against Jorginho/Kante/Kovacic. All the other midfielders are irrelevant other than being excess baggage as FDJ is better than all of them. So I still think it’s viable chelsea want him based on the fact Kante and Jorginho won’t be here next summer. Chelsea are probably trying to plan for the future as well as present.
Of course they want him, but they're about to spend something like 50m on cucurella, still need a CB and a ST, whilst having already spent a good 100m already on transfers. Spending another 70m on a position their well stocked in sounds like it would be way down their priority list.

TheReligion

Abusive
Of course they want him, but they're about to spend something like 50m on cucurella, still need a CB and a ST, whilst having already spent a good 100m already on transfers. Spending another 70m on a position their well stocked in sounds like it would be way down their priority list.
FFP to consider too

Blood Mage

He's going to Chelsea lads I'm sorry. It was only ever a realistic transfer as long as we had a clear run and a CL club didn't come in for him.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Anything's possible, but that would be, at least in my opinion, less plausible.
Agreed. But still EtH is new to the PL himself with a squad that basically hit self destruct last season. Nobody has a clue how all this plays out. And he‘d have just left a huge AAA club that didn‘t really got things sorted out as well.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
I find the Chelsea interest strange. Yes, Chelsea will have issues in midfield in 2023 but they have major holes at CB and ST right now! Surely they would prioritise those two positions right now ahead of FdJ? Plus the new FFP rules are supposed to limit clubs to having their costs limited to 70% of their revenue; Chelsea have already signed Sterling, Koulibaly, Chukwuemeka, and Cucurellla, and are looking at signing Sesko, either Walker-Peters or Dumfries, Fofana, and de Jong. That will put major pressure on them in terms of FFP; remember, City only got away with it because they covered their tracks well in advance.

Per the Miguel Delaney article earlier, it seemed like Barca were trying to encourage Chelsea to make a move. Selling FdJ before August 13th would make registering players a lot easier so maybe it was Barca who made the move and not Chelsea. Another thing is that per Ben Jacobs, Chelsea's deal was around £70M, lower than Utd's £75M. Why would Barca accept a lower deal off Chelsea? And Jacob Steinberg has reported that Chelsea are running into the same issues as United, which I'm guessing is the £17M in deferred wages. Unless the deferred wages get sorted, I can't see Frenkie going anywhere. But then again, surely Barca know that? And if Barca know that, why are they trying to speed up this move by getting Chelsea in and accepting a lower bid than Utd? Plus Ornstein reported that FdJ has yet to make his decision, which differs from the sources who are saying that FdJ is more open to Chelsea than Utd. Put it together and it's all very strange....

red thru&thru

He's going to Chelsea lads I'm sorry. It was only ever a realistic transfer as long as we had a clear run and a CL club didn't come in for him.
As you've not addressed the "gals", I'm going to say that we still have 50% chance of getting him.

BlueHaze

If there was ever any truth to these rumours about him leaving then I can't possibly see how he would end up here if other CL clubs come in for him. 100% if a moment comes where he is going then I can see all top clubs wanting him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There is gonna be some serious egg on peoples faces in this thread when he eventually signs for us.

TheReligion

Abusive
I find the Chelsea interest strange. Yes, Chelsea will have issues in midfield in 2023 but they have major holes at CB and ST right now! Surely they would prioritise those two positions right now ahead of FdJ? Plus the new FFP rules are supposed to limit clubs to having their costs limited to 70% of their revenue; Chelsea have already signed Sterling, Koulibaly, Chukwuemeka, and Cucurellla, and are looking at signing Sesko, either Walker-Peters or Dumfries, Fofana, and de Jong. That will put major pressure on them in terms of FFP; remember, City only got away with it because they covered their tracks well in advance.

Per the Miguel Delaney article earlier, it seemed like Barca were trying to encourage Chelsea to make a move. Selling FdJ before August 13th would make registering players a lot easier so maybe it was Barca who made the move and not Chelsea. Another thing is that per Ben Jacobs, Chelsea's deal was around £70M, lower than Utd's £75M. Why would Barca accept a lower deal off Chelsea? And Jacob Steinberg has reported that Chelsea are running into the same issues as United, which I'm guessing is the £17M in deferred wages. Unless the deferred wages get sorted, I can't see Frenkie going anywhere. But then again, surely Barca know that? And if Barca know that, why are they trying to speed up this move by getting Chelsea in and accepting a lower bid than Utd? Plus Ornstein reported that FdJ has yet to make his decision, which differs from the sources who are saying that FdJ is more open to Chelsea than Utd. Put it together and it's all very strange....
Only thing I can think of is Chelsea are stupid enough to pay the £17m wages so Barca are happy to accept less fee and speed it up

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Theres something about this whole Chelsea thing that doesn't make sense to me.

Yes most Chelsea guys have reported it, but quite a few, such as Law, mentioned it as a passing comment in another article, or so i read in other comments. Kinda like it's not information thats come from Cheslea themselves, but from Barca, or a source on the Barca side. It's also not been made a fuss of anywhere else. Sky Sports haven't really mentioned it, nor has BBC from what i can gather. You'd think with Chelsea trying to hijack Uniteds move, there would be a bit more of a fuss, especially seeing as it's being speculated that he prefers a move to Chelsea over United. I'd have thought that would have been a pretty big move from Chelsea.

Most reports don't seem to have any new info in them either. They're pretty much going back to the Ornstein report this morning. Again if it was from Cheslea, don't you think they'd have briefed their guys about it? It just doesn't add up to me, almost like Barca are trying their best to force Chelsea from interest to a bid.

Probably just me thinking that though... probably reading too much into it

I’m loving my life

I will hate Chelsea forever if they steal FDJ.
Direct the hate at our owners, Arnold and Murtough for their sheer incompetence.

Chelsea are a plastic piece of shit club who are only relevant through Russian blood money. They have no legitimate right to be in the picture and no legitimate history. If FDJ goes to them it’s not because of the draw of the club, it’s us being idiots in the transfer market, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.