Gabriel Martinelli

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I agreed with the comment that Martinelli is rubbish, especially when compare him with Rashford at 20 year old. Same for Saka and ESR too. Man Utd scout and youth coach are not wrong about him.

Mainoldo

My guy. Have Arsenal messed up his contract? We need to get him. He’ll be a star.

Muchibwa

Supports
Chelsea
I agreed with the comment that Martinelli is rubbish, especially when compare him with Rashford at 20 year old. Same for Saka and ESR too. Man Utd scout and youth coach are not wrong about him.
In other words are trying to say Martinelli is not going to get any better because Rashford was better than him at 20?
Firstly Rashford and Martinelli are totally different players, secondly some players pick earlier than the others... Martinelli is nowhere near his pick yet while Marcus is rubbish already. I'm a Chelsea fan, I don't like Arsenal and I love Manchester united. For me Gabriel Martinelli is the talent of the century, he still has a lot to learn though.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
My guy. Have Arsenal messed up his contract? We need to get him. He’ll be a star.
What do you mean messed up his contract? He has to 2025 so that's three more seasons to run after this season.

Real strong chance we tie up him again and extend his current contract to 2027 before the World Cup starts. He is loving it at Arsenal and has a really strong bond with Arteta. A wage up up and he will sign on the dotted line.

If you and Liverpool are going to bid for it to be serious, you would need to really push 100m+ as I dont know why you think he could be bought for less. Were not going to spend 50m on 24 year old Ben White, and turn around and sell Martinelli for something similar.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
I think he is the best young player we have ever had under 21. Better than Saka, Anelka, even Cesc who was captain at 21. When he is switched on he dribbles past players like they don't matter. He completely did TTA and even Cancelo, but in those games against Liverpool and City he didn't produce an assist or goal despite almost scoring in both games. Thats his next step, to fine tune the final product whether it be his finishing or the final pass. Its not like he is bad at both, he is good, but given he can put himself in those positions by going past players so easy, if he fine tunes this aspect of his game then he can go to the next level.

Had a decent debut for Brazil on the weekend, looks a high chance to make the squad & I back him to elevate himself above Vinicius Jr and be Brazils main man in the post Neymar era.

Saka on the right, Martinelli on the left, so often we stretch teams and pull them apart due to both players needing to be double marked. If we can a worthwhile striker to take advantage of all the issues Saka and Martinelli cause Arsenal go to the next level. Its so frustrating with Lacazette.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
In other words are trying to say Martinelli is not going to get any better because Rashford was better than him at 20?
Firstly Rashford and Martinelli are totally different players, secondly some players pick earlier than the others... Martinelli is nowhere near his pick yet while Marcus is rubbish already. I'm a Chelsea fan, I don't like Arsenal and I love Manchester united. For me Gabriel Martinelli is the talent of the century, he still has a lot to learn though.
What???

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
What do you mean messed up his contract? He has to 2025 so that's three more seasons to run after this season.

Real strong chance we tie up him again and extend his current contract to 2027 before the World Cup starts. He is loving it at Arsenal and has a really strong bond with Arteta. A wage up up and he will sign on the dotted line.

If you and Liverpool are going to bid for it to be serious, you would need to really push 100m+ as I dont know why you think he could be bought for less. Were not going to spend 50m on 24 year old Ben White, and turn around and sell Martinelli for something similar.
We were actually very lucky that he got injured just after his breakout season, when people were hyping him after he scored that solo goal against Chelsea. He spent 1 season on the sidelines, where we quiely got him to agree on an extension when he was away from the limelight. Need to get him to sign an extension along with Saka. If both of them sign on for around 5 years or so then I can see at least one title challenge in that time.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
We were actually very lucky that he got injured just after his breakout season, when people were hyping him after he scored that solo goal against Chelsea. He spent 1 season on the sidelines, where we quiely got him to agree on an extension when he was away from the limelight. Need to get him to sign an extension along with Saka. If both of them sign on for around 5 years or so then I can see at least one title challenge in that time.
have you seen the comments made by Martinelli - he has zero interest in leaving Arsenal for anyone. A Martinelli new contract is low hanging fruit as far as our transfer business will be come the seasons end.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I think he is the best young player we have ever had under 21. Better than Saka, Anelka, even Cesc who was captain at 21. When he is switched on he dribbles past players like they don't matter. He completely did TTA and even Cancelo, but in those games against Liverpool and City he didn't produce an assist or goal despite almost scoring in both games. Thats his next step, to fine tune the final product whether it be his finishing or the final pass. Its not like he is bad at both, he is good, but given he can put himself in those positions by going past players so easy, if he fine tunes this aspect of his game then he can go to the next level.

Had a decent debut for Brazil on the weekend, looks a high chance to make the squad & I back him to elevate himself above Vinicius Jr and be Brazils main man in the post Neymar era.

Saka on the right, Martinelli on the left, so often we stretch teams and pull them apart due to both players needing to be double marked. If we can a worthwhile striker to take advantage of all the issues Saka and Martinelli cause Arsenal go to the next level. Its so frustrating with Lacazette.
Not a chance.

Flexdegea

The hype train continues........like the AFTV comments section with this new lad

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Better than Cesc :lol: You're tripping hard mate.
He's a very good young player with potential, but he's barely getting started and found himself in an ideal situation at Arsenal with almost no competition for places at LW. He could become great but there is still a very long way to go. There's enough examples in the past, not only at Arsenal, but every big club where promising new guys fail to keep it up for various reasons: motivation, hunger, injuries (there could be a worry here about him) , manager change etc...

Righteous Steps

:lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Apart from the hyperbole, I had no idea he was Brazilian.

pascell

Jesus and I thought some on here overhyped United youngsters.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

He is definitely NOT better than Anelka or Cesc. He is just a young player and he is good enough to be a starter for the left inside forward position for the current Arsenal. Nothing more. Stop the high ceiling or high potential talk. If he keeps working hard hope he improves further under Arteta.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Got to agree with the recent posts, he's no way better than Cesc at the same age. He's too rough around the edges still. Polish them off and he'll be a very good player, but Cesc had them pretty much polished already at 21.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

I'd say he is actually better than Pele, Maradonna and Jesus Christ on the ball. You're completely underselling him and it's frankly ridiculous.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
This thread is wild.

Anelka and Cesc were phenomenal. Martinelli is not approaching either of them currently. At the same time, he has a great deal of potential and seems eager to make up for the year that he lost so early in his career. That has slowed his development, but the flip side is that he hasn’t been overplayed the way Cesc was.

Last edited:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Reminds me of El Hadji Diouf
I can see that in the sense that diouf on his day could dribble past players all day long but didn't make it count anywhere near as much as he ought to.

Martinelli has more about him though. And doesn't seem to be an epic thunder cvnt either.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I don't think you realize how good Fabregas was.

El Jefe

How bad a post must this be if all the other gooners think this is crazy talk. I agree with them by the way.

How did this even get a like.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Away from comparisons, Martinelli is an absolutely brilliant talent. If he is lucky to avoid serious injuries I can easily see him become one of the best strikers in the PL.

redcorner

Even TY from AFTV will think your Delusional!

Muchibwa

Supports
Chelsea

I totally agree with you

Skills

Snitch
Frighteningly quick. That kind of pace keeps backlines honest