Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

JP77

Both seasons were sensational. Surprised some are slightly putting down the second season, seems to be getting the treatement that Season 2 of The Walking Dead got, strange. Honestly thought Season 2 was fantastic (I've never read the books and certainly wont until the show is finished. I've always been one of those people who have never seen the sense in watching something while knowing what's going to happen, just takes a bit of the excitement, shock and entertainment out of it). The big battle was pretty immense and the final scenes of the season were no different, bloody brilliant.

Need my dose of Arya. Best character by a distance!

Eriku

That trailer has me all tingly in me nethers!

Without really starting off any book talk, the scenes that Dany was in surely foreshadows some awesome entertainment value ^_^

Can't bleedin' wait. And I don't get anybody who thinks they'll give it a go and wait until the whole season is finished... You're probably some of those sick bastards who manage a month without a wank to have that one awesome one after the hiatus. Weirdos.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Oh yes. Truly excellent.

I'd say that this and Breaking Bad were my favorite TV ever.
I watched the first series and absolutely loved it. I ordered the second series on that day. I watched the 2nd series in within 24hrs. I really want to wait for the DVD box set of the third series but don't think that I will be able to resist watching it on Sky Atlantic, it will seem somewhat spoiled with ad breaks I fear though.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
If they do the third book right, it could end all "best series ever" debates for good.

Cina

No it won't. The fourth book will be part of the same series.
No, book three is split into two parts and will be seasons three and four. Book four is totally different (A Feast for Crows).

Revan

Assumptionman
No, book three is split into two parts and will be seasons three and four. Book four is totally different (A Feast for Crows).
Are you sure about this? I heard that they are split, but not that there will be two seasons for 'A Storm of Swords', More likely the third season and some episodes in the fourth season. Knowing the love of episode 9, it is not that hard to guess what will happen.

Cina

Yes I'm sure.

But BOOK PACING SPOILER

there could be some overlapping, like in season two where they moved things along a little quicker, like Jaime and Brienne

Anyway it's quite hard to go into more detail without going into the books themselves, which we shouldn't do in this thread, so if anyone wants to continue the conversation then go into the book thread.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
n. pl. series
1. A number of objects or events arranged or coming one after the other in succession.

It's part of the same series. Not the same season, but the same series.

Cina

What the feck are you on about?

Fine, series, I said that book 4 will be in it, you said it will be a part of the same series.

Um ... ok? Isn't that what I said?

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
It is quite nice to see that so many of the cast are English/British. If you watch the extras on the DVD quite a lot of the team behind the scenes are too.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is that soundtrack from Tron?

That seriously looks epic though. The budget, my word, how high that must be?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just finished season 2. Bit gutted I've caught up and have to wait a week between episodes like has happened with TWD.

I enjoy the Qarth story with the fit dragon bird. I think one of the best things about the whole show is the contrast between the locations that each have their own story.

Arya is probably the best character in the whole thing, closely followed by yer dwarf.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Im guessing the dragons are going to play a huge part in this series, as in be effective in helping her win wars.

JP77

Just finished season 2. Bit gutted I've caught up and have to wait a week between episodes like has happened with TWD.

I enjoy the Qarth story with the fit dragon bird. I think one of the best things about the whole show is the contrast between the locations that each have their own story.

Arya is probably the best character in the whole thing, closely followed by yer dwarf.
Arya is the greatest thing in the history of things and life.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Tyrion Lannister is my favourite character by far.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I have been meaning to watch the first season for quite a while, have it all on my Mac but neglecting for some reason thinking i won't like it. Going to start on this tonight finally!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Finished season 2 recently, loved it.

Episode 9, Blackwater, was one of the best episodes of any TV show I've ever watched.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Got 5 more episodes to watch on the trot today whilst enjoying some easter eggs before it starts. That'll catch me up for the repeat. Also fun to watch it with someone who has no idea what happens.