Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think his reaction was more "I just told this bitch I've been fecking that I'm her uncle and all she cares about is me being ahead of her to the throne"
House Targaryen is all about incest and dragons. Getting it on with your auntie instead of your sister would be a bit prude by their standards.

LARulz

Ah yes, his reaction must just be due to her reaction.
Probably. He gets a lot of credit as a character for being 'nice' and 'honest' or whatever but at this point he just seems naive. Maybe it's cos he keeps falling upwards he thinks nothing he does is wrong

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
If Sansa and Danny have any more cringey mutually disapproving looks at each other then I’m done with this show

LARulz

What I think should/should have happened with the Walkers but won't. Putting in spoilers just in case

The Night King knows Winterfell is prepared for them with people waiting and the correct weapons to hurt them. Also there are 2 fecking dragons to his 1.

He should leave a skeleton army (pun intended) as a distraction for Winterfell, while he takes himself, dragon and his big boy army to take on Kings Landing etc. They, and other areas below Winterfell, are relatively woefully unprepared and once he makes light work of them, the whole thing is his. As by the time Winterfell etc. realise what has happened he's taken over the the other lands. Winterfell will be the last main refuge and surrounded by the dead.

Walkers win.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I thought it was more "wow, she's a worse actor than me".
:lol: Maybe.

Side note, I was watching Richard Madden in Bodyguard and even though it was a bit shit, he was great in it. Why the feck didn't they switch him and Kit up in roles seeing as he's a way better actor and they knew he'd be dead in season three?

Maisie Williams has gotten fecking terrible too. Feels like it's easier for kids to get away with poor acting but now that she's an adult it really shines through how dire she is.

The show has definitely suffered in recent seasons from losing its veterans and focusing more on the now grown up younger actors.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
What I think should/should have happened with the Walkers but won't. Putting in spoilers just in case

The Night King knows Winterfell is prepared for them with people waiting and the correct weapons to hurt them. Also there are 2 fecking dragons to his 1.

He should leave a skeleton army (pun intended) as a distraction for Winterfell, while he takes himself, dragon and his big boy army to take on Kings Landing etc. They, and other areas below Winterfell, are relatively woefully unprepared and once he makes light work of them, the whole thing is his. As by the time Winterfell etc. realise what has happened he's taken over the the other lands. Winterfell will be the last main refuge and surrounded by the dead.

Walkers win.
There's actually no reason at all to go for Winterfell where virtually all enemy forces are concentrated. Just look at the map... the Walkers have the whole f*cking north to stroll south while leaving the enemy host to freeze and starve in that one castle in the middle of nowhere. But that's logic... the show doesn't do that anymore.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
There's actually no reason at all to go for Winterfell where virtually all enemy forces are concentrated. Just look at the map... the Walkers have the whole f*cking north to stroll south while leaving the enemy host to freeze and starve in that one castle in the middle of nowhere. But that's logic... the show doesn't do that anymore.

The NK's whole purpose is to eliminate all life.

There's a lot of it at Winterfell, obviously he's going to go there.

Plus, he wants Bran, and Bran's at Winterfell.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

We don't really know what he's out to achieve. But especially if eliminating all life is his main goal, it makes absolutely no sense to start where the enemy is strongest. He should zombiefy all of Westeros and only then come back to mop up the fools sitting around and twiddling their thumbs in Winterfell. As for Bran, the whole motivation we are given for this is a single line by Bran himself. That's just weak.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's got a dragon which makes it far quicker and easier to get to KL. I think that's where he's gone.

Ban

Of course best option for NK would be to surround Winterfell and starve them to death. I mean they just sit there waiting and getting together there so close to the wall doesn't make much sense. But I don't think WW are much in tactics nor do I imagine them having war councils.

LARulz

But we don't actually know what he wants, or why he wants it rather. Why now, what did man do to piss him off?

Either way, Winterfell can be kept there and deal with the 'easy bits' first

He's got a dragon which makes it far quicker and easier to get to KL. I think that's where he's gone.
I hope so. It just feels (more) stupid otherwise

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Bloody hell. Many of you are overly critical combined with hugely overthinking things. Relax and enjoy the ride. After all it is at its core tits and dragons.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: Maybe.

Side note, I was watching Richard Madden in Bodyguard and even though it was a bit shit, he was great in it. Why the feck didn't they switch him and Kit up in roles seeing as he's a way better actor and they knew he'd be dead in season three?

Maisie Williams has gotten fecking terrible too. Feels like it's easier for kids to get away with poor acting but now that she's an adult it really shines through how dire she is.

The show has definitely suffered in recent seasons from losing its veterans and focusing more on the now grown up younger actors.
Charles Dance was a big loss from the cast on that front, he's excellent. There's a lot of shitty acting now for sure.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Tyrion has been a passenger since then. They really haven't known what to do with him since and just shoe-horned him in to keep him around.
Exactly.

The first few seasons portrayed an extremely witty and intelligent dwarf, crippled by his father's disappointment and his own vices developed as an escapism from the former.

Now? No witty lines. No brilliant war tactics. No father to disappoint. No more vice to give into. (he doesn't even get drunk anymore)

Hope Bronn knocks him off.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bloody hell. Many of you are overly critical combined with hugely overthinking things. Relax and enjoy the ride. After all it is at its core tits and dragons.
Agree with this. I think it's all awesome. I don't care if Kit Harrington is a shite actor, all he has to do is sulk and brood in dark places and hopefully kill some dead'uns in the coming episodes.

The sideboob in that last episode made me squirm though.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Agree with this. I think it's all awesome. I don't care if Kit Harrington is a shite actor, all he has to do is sulk and brood in dark places and hopefully kill some dead'uns in the coming episodes.

The sideboob in that last episode made me squirm though.
I felt like a paedophile. It was revolting.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Exactly.

The first few seasons portrayed an extremely witty and intelligent dwarf, crippled by his father's disappointment and his own vices developed as an escapism from the former.

Now? No witty lines. No brilliant war tactics. No father to disappoint. No more vice to give into. (he doesn't even get drunk anymore)

Hope Bronn knocks him off.
So the character...developed?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The way the season is going, I think some people may have been better off just watching it in a binge. There is a definite vibe that this last season is like one long epic movie particularly given the pre-Helms deep feeling from the last episode.

However I can understand why no one would want to do that given how popular the series is.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
There is a ton of original dialogue since season 1 though. Sure you were shiting on the show during it's "peak" years.
I critique the show’s writing quality, or lack thereof, as much as the next fella, but it is extremely unfair on Benioff and Weiss to incessantly slam their narrative when the original author himself in completely stuck in a bind and has spent eight years on a still-unfinished sixth installment in the series.

It’s a very complex story to complete properly with so many character arcs to juggle. I think they’re going a commendable job with the television series all things considered.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Anyone feel that it's a bit odd how quickly Jon accepted that he is Aegon and the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna? It just felt like it took him 2 minutes to accept the best kept secret in westeros.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Anyone feel that it's a bit odd how quickly Jon accepted that he is Aegon and the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna? It just felt like it took him 2 minutes to accept the best kept secret in westeros.
But he "knows it to be true", problem solved.