Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

diarm

If it was weird for us, imagine how the actor playing Gendry must have felt.
Remembering some of the stuff Joe Dempsie got up to in Skins I'd say this was relatively tame for him.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
People grow up and get naked. Problem lies with you if you're uncomfortable with that.

stepic

10 year old kid dead and stuck to a wall surrounded by limbs of his family - cool

22 year old girl shows a bit of sideboob - ewwww gross

We all watched Emma Watson as a kid in Harry Potter. Pretty sure that’s not stopped a few of you jerking one off to her as an adult.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Somebody called the R+L=J secret way back in 1997 with only one book of the series published.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/rec.arts.sf.written/G2KnTQFeLQ4/tEq2sMdlMSAJ

Incredible.
Not to be a know-it-all, but there were quite a few not so subtle hints in the first book.

Here's a reddit link that has some of the relevant excerpts from book 1.
https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/8b74ep/spoilers_agot_promise_me_ned_every_time_its/

As well as the reader being told how very much out of character it was for Ned to father a bastard.
How upsetting/unsual it was that he kept him so close.
How angry Ned would get at the mere question about the boys mother, even during pillow talk

Fully Fledged

I've just had a thought on the Sansa Dany scene.
Dany said all my life I've wanted to rule the seven kingdoms but here I am fighting in Jon's war.

'IF' she proclaims to be the ruler of the seven kingdoms how is an army of undead attacking one of those kingdoms someone else's war?

Kapardin

After all the stuff we have seen in GoT, people are getting upset at a not-even-remotely-arousing scene of a 22 year old as an 18 year old character showing a nipple and her butt?:rolleyes:

MadMike

The first two episodes were bore fests of an epic scale. 1 full episode used to build up to Jon finding out about his parents (which we all knew already) and another one to build up him telling Danny about it. Terrible writing. Long, boring, meaningless scenes. Near-zero plot progression.

The Night King can't end it soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This episode was basically an hour of people sitting round remembering their favourite GOT episode:

"Remember that time in season 4 when you got your hand chopped off"
"Yeah but my favourite moment was s01e01 when I pushed Bran from the window"

An hour of Game of Thrones patting itself on the back. Two episode in and you could fit the scenes that actually had any point to them into about 6 minutes.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So are we allowed to start a death pool, or would that be against the rules? I know that
generally being miserable tossers over every single thing in the show seems to be fine, but trying to enthusiastically guess what's going to happen next is a no-no?

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Why are people all freaked out about seeing a 22 year old woman nude? Christ you guys are fecking weird :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Why are people all freaked out about seeing a 22 year old woman nude? Christ you guys are fecking weird :lol:
Here's a free briefcase filled with money

Caf: "Urgh. It's all in ten pound notes. I'm going to end up with lots of spare change. This fecking bullshit would never have happened in the books"

diarm

I think it's more about watching a kid grow up and then feeling uncomfortable seeing her with her kit off.

Arya almost feels like a little sister or maybe the little sister of a mate. You've watched her grow up and never once thought of her sexually so it's a bit jarring to suddenly find yourself watching he strip off and ride some fella.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why do Chevrolet have to keep their sponsor huge and gold?

Moaning is boring. Don't any of you ever get bored of it?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
No problem with Arya getting the ride but she has a babyface, I'm guessing that's why people are all "Eww" at her being a seductress all of a sudden.

Should've been Sansa. Christ, Sansa is hot.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I think it's more about watching a kid grow up and then feeling uncomfortable seeing her with her kit off.

Arya almost feels like a little sister or maybe the little sister of a mate. You've watched her grow up and never once thought of her sexually so it's a bit jarring to suddenly find yourself watching he strip off and ride some fella.
The Arya Truman Show.

DouLou

Been caught pooping

She's a good looking 22 year old woman, it would be an insult to Maisie to at least not pop a semi at that lovely bottom.

diarm

Why do Chevrolet have to keep their sponsor huge and gold?

Moaning is boring. Don't any of you ever get bored of it?
I should note I've enjoyed the last two episodes so I'm not moaning - only saying why it was a bit jarring to see Arya like that. Part of what's always been good about GoT is that it doesn't shy from uncomfortable scenes. They've never been afraid to make us watch things we're not expecting to see.

redtilded121

This

People just love to hate. Ask them to attempt to write a 10k word short story and they’d struggle but it’s so easy to just ridicule and moan and complain about what others do. It’s so tiresome. That last episode was awesome, some great interactions, humour, moving moments, everyone dealing with the fact they could very well die tomorrow in their own way, and some on here just want FIGHTS. and then others complain at other times that things move too quickly. things are never right for some people. it’s almost pointless reading these threads due to their incessant negativity.
could not agree more i thought this episode was great reminded me of old war or western movies where various characters prepared for war just before the action and heightens the emotion when a character lives or dies .and i think we got clues just have to wait and see if right .
i wonder why some people bother watching any show just to find fault and grumble

MadMike

So you feel weird about seeing your mate's little sister have sex. But when she's butchering people, cutting their faces off and wearing it as a mask you don't even blink.

What a weirdo

DouLou

Been caught pooping
So you feel weird about seeing your mate's little sister have sex. But when she's butchering people, cutting their faces off and wearing it as a mask you don't even blink.

What a weirdo
Also there's nothing better than winding your mate up about how hot their younger sister has become, especially if it's true.

Oo0AahCantona

Best episode in the show to date, masterpiece of character development and cleanly finalising character arcs. It was perfect as a calm before the storm, epic, neat and emotional hitting all the right tones. The quality has definitely gone up a gear since the "meh" of last season, as Stephen king also tweeted earlier.

MadMike

Also there's nothing better than winding your mate up about how hot their younger sister has become, especially if it's true.
So true! But the younger/older part is irrelevant I think.

My best mate has an older sister to us by 3 years and back in the day when we were all teenagers she was the hottie of the school. Red curly hair, blue eyes, lovely face, great figure. Boys were drooling over her. We used to rib him about how hot his sister was and he hated every minute of it :lol:

diarm

What a weirdo
She does that stuff all the time so I'm fairly numb to it. When she butchered the feck out of Meryn Trant it was fairly jarring to watch as well. I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So are we allowed to start a death pool, or would that be against the rules? I know that
generally being miserable tossers over every single thing in the show seems to be fine, but trying to enthusiastically guess what's going to happen next is a no-no?
I reckon
a lot of the peripheral characters will go next episode but no major shocks just yet. I mean Brienne and Greyworm for starters. They might as well have had an "I'm dead next episode" tattoo on their faces.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
So true! But the younger/older part is irrelevant I think.

My best mate has an older sister to us by 3 years and back in the day when we were all teenagers she was the hottie of the school. Red curly hair, blue eyes, lovely face, great figure. Boys were drooling over her. We used to rib him about how hot his sister was and he hated every minute of it :lol:
About 10 years ago I was on Uni campus at a bar and my mates rather hot sister was doing this "pants for poverty" thing where all the girls served alcohol in their underwear and everyone was supposed to donate. I managed to snap a pic of her and then cropped the bottom half and sent it to him, he said "Nice, looks hot, you gonna bang her?". I sent him the full pic and said "Probably not a good idea mate".

All of us guys thought it was hilarious but he was pretty pissed, but he came round eventually and admitted it was a good prank :lol:

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
About 10 years ago I was on Uni campus at a bar and my mates rather hot sister was doing this "pants for poverty" thing where all the girls served alcohol in their underwear and everyone was supposed to donate. I managed to snap a pic of her and then cropped the bottom half and sent it to him, he said "Nice, looks hot, you gonna bang her?". I sent him the full pic and said "Probably not a good idea mate".

All of us guys thought it was hilarious but he was pretty pissed, but he came round eventually and admitted it was a good prank :lol:
:lol:

Good god. My little sister turned 18 last month. :(