Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Moonred

Okay with how it ended. It was a super fun episode even if one had hugely different expectations and it would never be enough. The music and tension was built nicely and closure. It would have been a whole different of bat shit crazy if NK just shook hands with Bran but that’s a different story.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Did anyone spot that white walker acting shifty before it cut to the NK about to kill Bran. I think Arya could have been him.

Also pretty cool that Bran gave her that dagger and they foreshadowed her kill move when practicing against Brienne.
Did he know at the time what she was going to do with it?

His reaction looks odd in hindsight.

R'hllor

Ok, this might be a really stupid question but do white walkers even have any free will? I mean, if he tells them to stop and not move, not even blink, you can move freely among them or nope? In some situations it was like attack, stand by or stand down. Guess if you find them freely away from NK, their default mode is agro.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
People are gonna be so disappointed with the season finale I can see it already :lol:

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Three episodes seems too much to wrap up the Cersei/King’s Landing plotline. Maybe Jon and Dany go to war with each other after all?

iKnowNothing

That was a quality episode. The way the episode was shot was very good. The way it progressed the story was pretty average.

I can definitely see a lot of disappointment with the series finale already. Too much pressure on them right now.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Okay with how it ended. It was a super fun episode even if one had hugely different expectations and it would never be enough. The music and tension was built nicely and closure. It would have been a whole different of bat shit crazy if NK just shook hands with Bran but that’s a different story.
That would ve been kinda awesome but I'm not complaining. Never have I been on the edge of my seat as much as I was for this episode. Especially the build up to the full blown battle was crazy intense and well done.

My biggest beef was the insane plot armor so many characters had. It kinda feels like not enough of the main characters died in a way. Having said that.. I do agree the way the night king died was very anti climatic. The other night walkers should ve at least had something to do.

Last edited:

Nucks

RT History Department
As a spectacle, it was good. As everything else, it was hilariously terrible.

The only upside, IMO, is that all the gamersgate types probably collectively stroked out when you know who did you know what.

ravi2

That was a quality episode. The way the episode was shot was very good. The way it progressed the story was pretty average.

I can definitely see a lot of disappointment with the series finale already. Too much pressure on them right now.
It was a hell of an episode, some people will always find something to bitch about.
I can't recall the last time I was so tense watching a tv show

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Btw, how the hell did Melisandre make it past the white walkers? Would have made more sense, albeit less dramatic, if she came from the other direction.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
8 seasons we’ve been waiting for the White Walkers. And then they all die in the first battle. Honestly, I should’ve stopped watching this shit fest around season 4.

LInkash

That was awesome. I was dreading it was going to end on a cliffhanger all episode!

Pscholes18

I don't know what you cnuts expected....it was always going to come down something like that happening in order to save everyone.....they were getting overrun much like the United side we see week in week out. The only question was how would it happen. After show said they knew it would be Arya for the last three years.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The more I think about it the more it makes sense to steer back to the business as usual. It wasn't the white walkers and dragons that are the strength of the show..its the human intrigue- I am very curious on what note this is all going to end. Some of it was anti climatic yes.. But overall the undead played a small part in the story that was told over the past seven seasons.

Norris

8 seasons we’ve been waiting for the White Walkers. And then they all die in the first battle. Honestly, I should’ve stopped watching this shit fest around season 4.
The show has never been about the White walkers though. It was always about the Throne.

Ahsan_6386

That was one insane episode seriously it was a finale without being a finale. At one point I thought it will all be over in this episode itself and the last 3 episodes would be full of cat videos. How will they top this episode now for the rest of the season.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
They gave us 2 shit episodes to begin with, but I thought this one was absolutely brilliant. Perhaps second in my list after Hardhome. There were so many heart-stopping, jaw-dropping, nail-biiting scenes. I expected more of the big names to die, but they managed to make even the side characters' deaths emotional.

Arya jumping at the night king and getting the assassination through, with that background music and the timing of the scenes running in paralletl, was just awesome. I'd be happy if they ended the series right now, don't really give two shits about Cersei. Beating the Mountain is going to be anticlimatic, now.

Overall, very pleased with a rare and very well done GoT episode.

Interval

Level
I just feel like, that's not it in terms of WW.

Just have a hunch that, Bran is the night king. Or better yet, the night king is Bran. It's all in a cycle and Bran is key to this, hence why night king wants him dead, to break the cycle and live forever. Feel like it's still possible to create WW, and Bran is key to creating them, and it'll have something to do with the owls he warged into. Dunno, must give it thought. Just think we'll have a bitter sweet ending of whoever on the throne, but the white walkers are still alive and will rebuild it's army to attack again.
Think you're spot on with this

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Gonna be a nay sayer. Battle etc was great (though not that easy on the eye due to darkness) but ending wasn't. Series ' most beloved character kills the second biggest villain. Nothing noval about that. They didn't even try to be clever about it. Maybe gave Arya use her face swapping ability.

Overall I am glad they did dispose of Night king early since he was way overpowered and have never found white Walker stuff to be the most interesting aspect of the show.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Also once again they balked at killing some important characters. Sam surviving in battle makes zero sense (doubt GRRM would have it that way) and one of Brienne Jamie should have died.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What am I going to say to people who moan about GoT?

Not today.

ManRed

What an episode. Was not expecting it to hit such heights.

Also felt like manutd vs psg in paris. Hope everything is not downhill from here for the remaining.