Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Andersons Dietician

Epic!! For a tv show to do something like that at that level of quality, just wow. I’ve seen Endgame and that episode was better than one of the biggest movies ever.

kind of a convenient death for the night king, would have liked to see him in some actual kinda sword fight stuff with Jon or Arya even and to even last a little longer but as soon as he grabbed her you just new what was away to happen.

Also Drogon, how you gonna leave your wingwoman in a gunfight like that?

Lady Mormont

when I was like 12 I killed a zombie giant... now I’m dead.

LARulz

kind of a convenient death for the night king, would have liked to see him in some actual kinda sword fight stuff with Jon or Arya even and to even last a little longer but as soon as he grabbed her you just new what was away to happen.

Also Drogon, how you gonna leave your wingwoman in a gunfight like that?
Glad he did. She was holding him back

Such a predictable and shit way to end the episode. I wish he did kill Bran at least

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The scene with Arya in the library was terrifying, I like how they went for a very horror themed episode.

R'hllor

I dont expect everyone to like it or rate it but holy shit some making it sound like it was 1/10 overall.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It was an excellent spectacle and maybe I’m being harsh but I’m just so sick of these tropes where someone looks like they’re about to get f*cked but are saved last minute by someone else (who usually dies in their place). When Jon stood up in front of Viserion you knew there was no chance he would get toasted, which meant something was about to stop it.

I find that trope overused and it basically ruins all tension because you know they’ll get out of it somehow. You knew Arya would be fine, you knew Dany would be fine after her dragon flew away. You knew Sam would survive despite spending most of the battle weeping. You knew Jon would somehow get out of being surrounded by shitloads of raised dead. Why did he even stand up in front of that dragon anyway except for a dramatic effect where it shattered instead of burning him? What was the tactic there?

Having said that I did have a little inner cheer when Arya saved the day. Even though it made the white walkers look a bit pish in the grand scheme of things.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I just feel like, that's not it in terms of WW.

Just have a hunch that, Bran is the night king. Or better yet, the night king is Bran. It's all in a cycle and Bran is key to this, hence why night king wants him dead, to break the cycle and live forever. Feel like it's still possible to create WW, and Bran is key to creating them, and it'll have something to do with the owls he warged into. Dunno, must give it thought. Just think we'll have a bitter sweet ending of whoever on the throne, but the white walkers are still alive and will rebuild it's army to attack again.

Fingeredmouse

Maybe its cause its 4am but you sounded as if you were saying they ran out of money and just thought feck it have them run into the dark to save us some cash
Well, they sort of did. But they did it well. Which is good.
One assumed Ghost shuffled off his expensive mortal coil at the same time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Some majestic scenes in that episode. From a tension aspect it was a 10/10 - heart in mouth throughout. I guess death wise - more major deaths would have made it an even better episode but I guess there are too many unresolved plot lines for them to just sacrifice characters for the sake of extra realism in this one off episode.

I suspect we will see major deaths in the battle for Kings Landing.

Really happy Arya came to the fore there, they’ve built her up as this super assassin and she lived up to the hype. Quite where this fits into prophecy and overall storyline I don’t really know so they need to use the next episodes to iron that out as I don’t get all the Azor Ahai bullshit if it is all meaningless in the end.

Only gripe I had was Bran - should have made him do something more worthwhile warging wise or even had Arya take his spot on the wheelchair. Unrealistic how she got there.

bleedred

So Jon snow and his fellowship of 8? men lasted long against the whites than the entire dothraki army.

LARulz

As I say, as a war episode it was good but the story. It has honestly not made me give a shit about the rest of the show now

NK walked up to Bran I thought 2 things could make this immense:

1) NK kneels in front of Bran
2) When Bran looked up, his eyes were actually blue

Though, they could have done both obviously.

But no. Somehow that annoying twat jumps out from nowhere where none of the main bodyguards saw/heard and kills the NK and everyone else. Joke.

arnie_ni

I just feel like, that's not it in terms of WW.

Just have a hunch that, Bran is the night king. Or better yet, the night king is Bran. It's all in a cycle and Bran is key to this, hence why night king wants him dead, to break the cycle and live forever. Feel like it's still possible to create WW, and Bran is key to creating them, and it'll have something to do with the owls he warged into. Dunno, must give it thought. Just think we'll have a bitter sweet ending of whoever on the throne, but the white walkers are still alive and will rebuild it's army to attack again.
Yep. Its not over. The nk story dies when bran dies. There's more to it

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some majestic scenes in that episode. From a tension aspect it was a 10/10 - heart in mouth throughout. I guess death wise - more major deaths would have made it an even better episode but I guess there are too many unresolved plot lines for them to just sacrifice characters for the sake of extra realism in this one off episode.

I suspect we will see major deaths in the battle for Kings Landing.
Some of the best in the show's entire run, you can tell they poured everything into it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Did we ever see the Knights of the Vale commander through all of that fight? Surely he'd have been the better choice? Bit odd that one.
Don't remember seeing them tbh.

Thinking about this today, and they don't serve Danerys, or Jon for that matter. They serve Sansa. Perhaps Sansa sent them away.

LARulz

i was hoping the ice king would get to bran and then kneel and be like, whats next sir
Yeah just said that. I genuinely expected it when he walked up to him and/or Bran's eyes to be blue when he looked up