Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Norris

Now back to the main story that matters, the fight for the throne.
Not knowing what will happen, has got me excited again. :drool:

Fridge chutney

@Fridge chutney i came across that a while back as well. Was quite funny/cool.
:lol: yeah that's in the video I posted. As I was watching it and he was describing the "Bielsa theory" and I just assumed that Bielsa was some bloke from the books who never made it to the show (I haven't read the books yet), and also found it funny that he shared a name with the eclectic Argentine. Then Jamie dropped that gem. I wonder how he ended up supporting Leeds.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Kit said episode 4 of this season is his favorite, I'm very hyped for it but if it disappoints then the show has really lost it for sure.

haram

I dropped some widely reported leaks into the thread during season 7 and passed them off as my own "theories". It was kinda pathetic really but, as I said, I had an obsession with this show that bordered on unhealthy at the time. I wanted to be seen as an expert on here as opposed to simply being a super-fan, but it backfired. The post everybody constantly flags (the "timeline" post) really was just a theory of mine, which is why most of it was completely wrong, but there were a couple of pretty damning ones from later in the season. When 'The Spoils of War' leaked early (https://tvline.com/2017/08/04/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-4-leaked-the-spoils-of-war/) I went looking for it, and while I was on those sites I found a load of leaks for the last three episodes. I didn't just come on here and predict that Viserion would die or that Cersei would betray Jon and Daenerys by not sending her forces north, but I did "suggest" that Sam might find some information about Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark in all those diaries Jim Broadbent told him to transcribe.

It was a long time ago now but it's definitely not a simple case of water under the bridge for some people, and that's totally fine.
fecking city fan aswell.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Baelish will get found out this season and meet a grisly end. I'm going to guess at a timeline.

First couple of episodes: As we've seen in the trailer, Jon and Baelish have a conversation in the crypt - probably about Jon's heritage or that he's not a "proper king" - remember that it was Baelish who told Sansa the story about Rhaegar and Lyanna in season 5. The conversation leads to Jon becoming a bit wound up and pushing Baelish up against the wall, mirroring Ned's first meeting with him in season one outside the King's Landing brothel. Littlefinger will use this chat as an opportunity to get the measure of Jon, to see how easily he can be wound up, and will begin to plant the idea in Sansa's head that she's a more worthy ruler because her temper is cooler and she's a better strategist - "Jon can't be trusted, that's why you didn't tell him about the Knights of the Vale" he'll say to her. Sansa will begin to doubt Jon, and if she's got even the slightest inkling that he's a Targaryen there could be more trouble in the works.

Mid-season: Jon has left Winterfell to go north beyond the Wall, leaving Sansa in charge. Baelish takes this opportunity to show Sansa she can manage the politics of the North by herself, that she could easily step in and do the job if Jon were to die beyond the Wall. Arya and Bran have both arrived back at Winterfell, but the reunion doesn't last long as Baelish immediately sets about causing a rift between the Stark children, playing on the fact that Arya and Sansa never got on in the first place. Cracks begin to appear in the relationship between the Stark children.

Final two/three episodes: Something happens to make Sansa reconsider things. Maybe Brienne says a few wise words. This, I imagine, is where the "The lone wolf dies but the pack survives" speech will come into it, that Sansa, Jon, Arya and Bran need to stick together when the full force of winter arrives. Maybe the show will make it really convenient and wrap it up easily, with Bran looking into the past and seeing that Baelish betrayed Ned, murdered Jon Arryn and that his feelings for Sansa are a mixture of necrophiliac lust for Catelyn and his own desire to take the Iron Throne. He's betrayed a Stark to get what he wants before, and he'll betray a Stark to get what he wants again. With everything out in the wash, Sansa sentences Baelish to death and Arya carries out the deed with his own dagger. Everyone goes home happy.
‘I’m going to guess at a timeline.’

All-time classic, that.

:lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Kit said episode 4 of this season is his favorite, I'm very hyped for it but if it disappoints then the show has really lost it for sure.
He's a bit of an arrogant prick so I wouldn't be surprised if Dany and Cersei both say to him "lol ok you can be king" and everyone talks about how amazing Jon Snow is during a twenty minute montage.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
:lol: yeah that's in the video I posted. As I was watching it and he was describing the "Bielsa theory" and I just assumed that Bielsa was some bloke from the books who never made it to the show (I haven't read the books yet), and also found it funny that he shared a name with the eclectic Argentine. Then Jamie dropped that gem. I wonder how he ended up supporting Leeds.
What was more amusing was the fact that the audience probably had zero idea who the feck he was talking about :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Each time I enter this thread i realise why I avoided it for so long. People claiming that some guy on youtube has better battle planning than the writers on the show ffs. I dunno, maybe it's because that's not the story the writers are wanting to tell. I'm sure they could have gone down a route of better planning if they wished, it just doesn't tell what they are wanting to.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Incestuous relationships with one's sister tends to draw you towards that club methinks.

Sylar

Would people feel differently if in the next episode there's conflict between Jon and dany and she blames him for losing dothraki and he says it wasn't his plan?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's bank holiday here in UK so I might be able to stay up to watch GoT.

Only thing is - I'm unsure how to? What channels would air at the normal 2am time? I normally go to my friend's house the next day to watch it.

Sylar

It's bank holiday here in UK so I might be able to stay up to watch GoT.

Only thing is - I'm unsure how to? What channels would air at the normal 2am time? I normally go to my friend's house the next day to watch it.
Sky Atlantic

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Luckily I've got BranVision so I've already seen it. I can't believe that Bruce Willis turned out to be the same boy who saw dead people at the very end.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
At this point the show is both visceral exciting cinema-level spectacle, and fan-fiction level narrative. Some of this is due to the TV writers just not having anything like the skill or depth of character understanding GRRM has. Some of it has to be GRRM's fault as well though, the show is noticably different since they ran out of his work, but he's had MANY years to get his books done. I read somewhere that he was annoyed at himself for killing a character earlier in the books that he now realises was important to some plots and is struggling to think of a way around it.

Ideally the Long Night, or more accurately, the Regular Everyday Length Night, would have been spread over a whole season, but the show has to end before actors age out or move on, or the show bankrupts the studio. :lol: I'm quite interested to see how they finish it now. It could end up very anti-climactic or they could have some interesting twists to come. Dany has about 37 soldiers left so I imagine she'll have a hard time fighting the magnificent Queen Cersei's hordes of well dressed soldiers.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
According to r/freefolk episode 4 has leaked.
Don't visit if you don't want to read spoilers, but they have a link with a video clip

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Feck sake, no internet this evening.

Probably for the best after this United shitshow.

Phil Jones needs to be fecking Mountain'd.

Dante

Average bang
Each time I enter this thread i realise why I avoided it for so long. People claiming that some guy on youtube has better battle planning than the writers on the show ffs. I dunno, maybe it's because that's not the story the writers are wanting to tell. I'm sure they could have gone down a route of better planning if they wished, it just doesn't tell what they are wanting to.
Truth

RedTiger

Half mast
He fecks his own sister, of course he supports the all whites.