Television Game of Thrones (TV) • The watch has ended

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No, that is what happened. How else does he explain Jon. The story is Aegon raped her and killed her. Meanwhile Ned gave up his honor to protect his sisters child by saying he belonged to some woman he slept with. That's why jons a bastard. Otherwise he'd straight up be a stark had Ned told Robert and Cat, but you know Robert is on a rampage trying to kill all of Danys family. It would have brought a bigger dishonour and potential war with Robert had Ned told him he's half Targaryen. Thought that was obvious.
Raped and killed her? And when did she give birth to his child? After she was dead? Your theory has massive flaws.

The Targaryens are dead. Dany is the only one left but she can't have children. You Targaryen fanboys need to accept that rather than coming up with delusional fanfic.

AaronRedDevil

Raped and killed her? And when did she give birth to his child? After she was dead? Your theory has massive flaws.

The Targaryens are dead. Dany is the only one left but she can't have children. You Targaryen fanboys need to accept that rather than coming up with delusional fanfic.
Damn you're stupid. Did you not even watch the show? Do you not know the story of why robert went to war to kill all the Targaryens? Rhargar kidnapped lyanna stark(roberts love. The fecking statue he visited in the first season. That's her!) The tower episode when young ned stark got to his sister but she died giving birth to jon(who's real name is Aegon). The real story is that she wasnt kidnapped, she loved Rhaegar. They ran away, they bloody showed them getting married in Brans flashback! And robert thought she was kidnapped by him. Hence the hate he has for the targaryens. Targaryen fanboys? Is that a thing now. You need to learn the bloody show before you call out someone being delusional.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
The bit I didn't like is that they left Littlefinger dead.

In the books it is made clear the Faceless man was the one stabbed by Arya while posing as Littlefinger and thus he is still alive but they did nothing with him.

Madness.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I honestly like the final season more these days than I did when it aired. :lol:

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I get more angry when I see it :D. None of it makes sense.
Fair enough! Frankly I've always found it to be fascinating that two people can watch the exact same thing and have two totally different readings of it, so I'm not even gonna try to convince you either way. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the ending but I'll try and enjoy it for the both of us in the future. :)

b82REZ

Damn you're stupid. Did you not even watch the show? Do you not know the story of why robert went to war to kill all the Targaryens? Rhargar kidnapped lyanna stark(roberts love. The fecking statue he visited in the first season. That's her!) The tower episode when young ned stark got to his sister but she died giving birth to jon(who's real name is Aegon). The real story is that she wasnt kidnapped, she loved Rhaegar. They ran away, they bloody showed them getting married in Brans flashback! And robert thought she was kidnapped by him. Hence the hate he has for the targaryens. Targaryen fanboys? Is that a thing now. You need to learn the bloody show before you call out someone being delusional.
We're taking about Game of Thrones not Breaking Bad.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Have you read the books or something? Do we really need to get the rules for this thread out again?

Sylar

Cant wait until AaronRedDevil provides us with thoughts on what the timeline will be for the last few seasons with his imagination.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just finished watching season 8. Thought it was brilliant honestly. Especially the episode with Dany raining death upon Kingslanding. Amazing production values too. Like 6 blockbuster movies in as many weeks.
bite
Shame it has ended.

Sylar

Dont know why I do this to myself, but I started on one thing on youtube regarding United and an hour later I end up with:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Moby

Dick

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I don't wanna click on any of that. Can you please summarize the whole thing?
Basically they did a panel somewhere and said some pretty odd stuff about their time on the show... from "We don’t know why he (Martin) trusted us with his life’s work.” to how they got lucky with hiring such good actors and costume/set designers at first 'cos then they could just let them do their thing and shape the show, and then how they wanted to remove as many fantasy elements as possible bc “we didn’t just want to appeal to that type of fan.”

Just click on the first AV club link really, the second link is just about the Star Wars thing.

Sylar

So they rushed the ending, and crammed three seasons worth into one season, so that they could do something else (Star wars)
But now the word is that they have to step away from Star Wars (but the release says they are busy with something else) :lol:

Im reading that twitter thread from the panel. Holy shit, they come off as two completely inept people. I mean sure, the last season displays that, but they put the actualbaby that turned into a WW, on an actual block of ice (and one of them wanted to show / film the babys penis) WTF?

Moby

Dick
Basically they did a panel somewhere and said some pretty odd stuff about their time on the show... from "We don’t know why he (Martin) trusted us with his life’s work.” to how they got lucky with hiring such good actors and costume/set designers at first 'cos then they could just let them do their thing and shape the show, and then how they wanted to remove as many fantasy elements as possible bc “we didn’t just want to appeal to that type of fan.”

Just click on the first AV club link really, the second link is just about the Star Wars thing.
Cheers. I'll give it a read later.

Sounds really weird yeah.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I don't wanna click on any of that. Can you please summarize the whole thing?
They weren't qualified to adapt the show, their first attempt at a pilot was riddled with basic errors, HBO went ahead with the show any way because foreign pre-sales were good, HBO forced them to write an extra 100 minutes into season 1 to meet their contractual obligations, those forced additions included a scene between Robert & Cersei which they only realised at that point they didn't have, those extra scenes helped a lot because they didn't really understand the characters until then, they purposefully removed as much fantasy as they could so the show would appeal to moms & NFL players, they didn't really try to understand the major elements of the books but instead just picked the scenes they liked and made it about "power".

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So they rushed the ending, and crammed three seasons worth into one season, so that they could do something else (Star wars)
But now the word is that they have to step away from Star Wars (but the release says they are busy with something else) :lol:

Im reading that twitter thread from the panel. Holy shit, they come off as two completely inept people. I mean sure, the last season displays that, but they put the actualbaby that turned into a WW, on an actual block of ice (and one of them wanted to show / film the babys penis) WTF?
I missed that part. Jesus. :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Based on that panel, they come across as somewhat incompetent, who got lucky with the outcome.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Based on that panel, they come across as somewhat incompetent, who got lucky with the outcome.
I can't for the life of me work out why they would freely offer up anecdotes that make them look like idiots.

I mean they still have this huge deal with Netflix... and i can't imagine its inspiring them with much confidence.

Sylar

I can't for the life of me work out why they would freely offer up anecdotes that make them look like idiots.

I mean they still have this huge deal with Netflix... and i can't imagine its inspiring them with much confidence.
They were probably thinking it would get them sympathy maybe? :lol:

GRRM fault as much as them anyway.

Also is it normal for producers to dictate how many seasons they want? Id assume so, but then it wasnt 'their' show. For all things ive read, it seemed HBO wanted more episodes and seasons obviously cos of how big it was. GRRM wanted more seasons for the whole story to be played out. But it seemed like these two had the final say, so it did seem odd in that way.

lsd

The Oracle

Such a shame how much they wrecked that show . I was a huge fan till that last season and that was so bad i could never rewatch the show again knowing what a disaster of an ending there is going to be .

Still not like they could make the Star Wars movies and wirse than they have already been