Gareth Bale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
and one that would probably be creaking under the weight of ffp as well?
120m bale
80m pogba
30m centreback
20m full back

best part of £250m.... could we spend that and still be within the ffp rules (genuine question I don't know what our theoretical limit would be)
Pounds? Hmmm. A bit steep.

Sam

The worse he plays, the more exited United fans seem to be that we'll sign him :lol:

I've never seen anything like it.

JoaquinJoaquin

The worse he plays, the more exited United fans seem to be that we'll sign him :lol:

Well we know he is capable of dominating in the Premier League so why not, Bad performances for them will only push him out further which will lower his price in the process. In reality only us can afford him so it's not exactly that surprising.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Well we know he is capable of dominating in the Premier League so why not, Bad performances for them will only push him out further which will lower his price in the process. In reality only us can afford him so it's not exactly that surprising.
He only scored over 10 goals in one season in the pl... admittedly he was great in his last season but im not certain he would come back and instantly dominate things again. - Depends how much they want for him but if it is world record type fees then its certainly a risk as it would impact who else we could afford.

An Irish Red

No way, I'd buy Bale and put Di Maria back into left midfield of a 3. What a threat that would be having those 2 in the team and Mata Valencia combo with Herrera buzzing around with Rooney up top!
I can't see Van Gaal playing Di Maria as a central midfielder next year. He seems to need two defensively capable, reliable in possession types and we're using Carrick and Fellaini for that now. I'd imagine we'll upgrade on Fellaini and keep Herrera in the side with Mata out wide. Makes sense really.

As far as Bale goes I don't think we need him as much as we did a while back. We have Mata playing on the right and we have Di Maria, Januzaj and Young so we have the numbers out wide.

If we bring him in I wouldn't exactly be unhappy though.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The hate from Spain towards him is unproportionate. Maybe is it because he's welsh and looks funny?
Had a look on the Madrid forums and although he is being criticized they also mention that there players who performed worst (namely Casillas and Ramos). The question with the spaniards is that they have good press. And that´s even admitted by Madrid fans who don´t accept most their ratings on AS and Marca. There are some that want to trade him for Reus but there are also others that want to give him time. They also blame Ancelotti claiming that the italian doesn´t use him properly. Bale isn´t as hated as Casillas for example. The Casillas thread is pure hatred with insults and wanting him out of the club immediatly.

prarek

For the record that crazy fan went after Jese's car as well. Ramos stopped and appears to confront him. So it wasn't just Bale.

Last edited:

An Irish Red

Had a look on the Madrid forums and although he is being criticized they also mention that there players who performed worst (namely Casillas and Ramos)
Just had a look myself. Saw this post and laughed;

Bale has an attitude problem. Borderline narcissistic personality disorder at this point. Real madrid isn't for him
Yeah, narcissists wouldn't fit in at Real like, definitely not...

Hed Zitin

I don't buy this theory about him needing to play in a counter attacking team or a fast team. AVB's Spurs played slow possession football. That was a dreary team without Bale.

Bale was fine when he was taking shots a plenty, but it all changed when he didn't pass to Ronaldo.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
I haven't watch much Spanish football this season so I can't comment on his performances, but to put his goal scoring into some perspective, his La Liga goal-to-game ratio at Madrid so far is 0.52. This is better than the league goal-to-game ratio of players like Rooney across his entire time at Manchester United (0.51), Kareem Benzema at Madrid (0.46) and Thomas Muller at Bayern Munich (0.37). And yet he is deemed to have been a flop...have his performances this season really been that bad?

Jaytay

Bale is just going through a blip, Ronaldo had when the fans really got in his back because he didn't score against Barcelona. Benzema got it because fans didn't feel he was putting the effort. Modric was branded worse signing in La Liga. Even Barcelona fans had a go at their team and called Messi a puta and tried to confront him. Their fans are demanding, Bale will come good and then they'll love him again. Bale ain't going nowhere, Perez personally wanted him so there is no way he is getting rid of him.

prarek

I haven't watch much Spanish football this season so I can't comment on his performances, but to put his goal scoring into some perspective, his La Liga goal-to-game ratio at Madrid so far is 0.52. This is better than the league goal-to-game ratio of players like Rooney across his entire time at Manchester United (0.51), Kareem Benzema at Madrid (0.46) and Thomas Muller at Bayern Munich (0.37). And yet he is deemed to have been a flop...have his performances this season really been that bad?
Realy do not want to bash on Bale as he's having a torrid time already but stats can be misleading. If you have to then you have to dig deeper. I will just point you to a post i made on it last week.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/gareth-bale.399563/page-26#post-17228107

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Would live him here. Hopefully his performances remain poor til the end of the season and there may be a chance he will be up for sale.

mu4c_20le

I think he would be beastly in Van Gaal's system, as a wide forward in 433 or wingback. Actually I think he's the perfect player for LVG.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think he would be beastly in Van Gaal's system, as a wide forward in 433 or wingback. Actually I think he's the perfect player for LVG.
I hope we don't spend a fortune on him and play him at wingback
Not that he couldn't do a job there but it's probably not where he is best used plus spending that much money on a wingback would just seem crazy

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Gareth Bale in and Falcao out would take us up to possible league champions once again. Would be so expensive though and would we be able to play him in his best position?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I don't understand it. So many on this forum are willing to chuck De Gea, who is quite possibly the best player in the league, and extortionate money's worth at him.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Long story short...yes. His performances have been abysmal this season. I think what pisses their fans off more than anything though is how lazy he is. If Isco goes through a slump for example I don't think he'd get the same treatment because of how hard he works on the pitch. Bale just doesn't bother unless it's handed to him on a plate.

Sam

I don't understand it. So many on this forum are willing to chuck De Gea, who is quite possibly the best player in the league, and extortionate money's worth at him.
Its incredible.

I've even seen some saying that it would be a better deal for us to swap the two! :lol:

Anderson15

Would love him here, especially if he came as good at the last left footed player that wasn't good enough for Madrid. A certain bayern player.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If he leaves then in some aspect he's a pussy, psychologically speaking. Everyone knows Madrid have some crazy demanding fans and when you sign form them, you always have to prepare yourself for a period when they'll boo you. I think he'll work harder and eventually win them all with better performances.

Browniee

I think he would be beastly in Van Gaal's system, as a wide forward in 433 or wingback. Actually I think he's the perfect player for United &LVG.
Fixed the last bit, he'd be perfect for whoever was in charge here, I've been saying it for frigging years, Bale just reeks being a United played imo. Playing in the break with pace. Fantastic signing which I can see happening this summer, without doubt if DDG decides to up sticks.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
For the record that crazy fan went after Jese's car as well. Ramos stopped and appears to confront him. So it wasn't just Bale.

I seriously hope they come whith a monster truck for the next training and run over this idiot's car with him still in it.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
What do you think of Bale Vato?
He deserves more time. I'm getting too old for all this idiocy of wanting instant success.

The guy came to a new club in a different country and did very well in his first season. He's having a rough time but I'm sure he's working hard like the others to get back to his best.

Seems like all these braindead morons now expects a new Ronaldo with every signing we make..

Don't know what is wrong with Bale though. Maybe he's a bit burnt out right now and needs a rest? He came back from injury when he first joined us and has been playing non stop since.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Why would anyone want to play for Madrid???? In any case, I've been hearing that Bale has gotten a bit 'grand'? If he's got attitude I don't want him here - unless it's for maximum 30m Euros:p Sorry, only Ronaldo and Messi are worth anything like what Madrid payed for Bale.

stepic

and one that would probably be creaking under the weight of ffp as well?
120m bale
80m pogba
30m centreback
20m full back

best part of £250m.... could we spend that and still be within the ffp rules (genuine question I don't know what our theoretical limit would be)
No chance Bale goes for £120m. I dunno where that figure came from. Madrid will be lucky to get what they paid for him, given its pretty universally assumed they themselves overpaid.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
That's not true. He was quite shite.

Neymar and Messi improved in the second half.
He wasn't good... ok he was shite, but Madrid were a bit shite in general. Anyway, I've never been Bale's biggest fan, but he's getting the blame for a shite team performance all round.

Don't know how you can say that. He went into hiding for the entire second half; showed no signs of wanting the ball.
Fair enough, but was it a performance worthy of no rating from Marca?

The hate from Spain towards him is unproportionate. Maybe is it because he's welsh and looks funny?
This is what irritates me. We do that in the PL to foreigners as well.

Anyway, it's good for us, because his value is surely dropping. Maybe available in the summer for £70m?

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He wasn't good... ok he was shite, but Madrid were a bit shite in general. Anyway, I've never been Bale's biggest fan, but he's getting the blame for a shite team performance all round.
You can't really look at the match in isolation though. I'd say a large reason why Bale has been criticised so much since the game because of how awful he's been for months now. Not convinced he'd have been slated if it had been his first bad game for a while.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Like I said, he ain't worth the crazy amount of money the papers keep throwing around ( I swear they work for the players' agents!). United still have a huge debt, don't want us splashing out anymore crazy money on someone who might or might not perform consistently well. He can stay at Madrid. We need to get ourselves solid hungry players who want to prove themselves and will embrace the club.

Ringo 07

Real Madrid and their pathetic scum fans don't deserve a master like Bale........The only reason a top player would sign for Madrid as opposed to Utd unfortunately is due to the sunshine factor........that's about it......in every other department Man Utd shit all over Real in terms of fans with class and a club with class

Status
Not open for further replies.