Garnacho: What is his potential?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Changed the game when he came on at a time when it was looking like a Fulham goal was inevitable.

Where has all this bad attitude stuff came from?
What's this? Haven't heard it before.

marktan

The next Januzaj :drool:

Unironically though Januzaj also burst onto the scene similarly

cyberman

Presenter went a bit early with potential global superstar. No pressure!

Betson

What's this? Haven't heard it before.
Both ETH and Bruno mentioned his attitude was not the best during the summer tour, seemingly turning up late for meetings , training etc etc. Thus the little involvement for him early season.

But both said he is a now a different player attitude wise in the last few months and it is showing on the pitch as well.

Kinky Melinky

Very exciting player. Been keeping an eye on him since 2020 and knew he'd start turning into something special. Lad is still young with lots to learn but there is a real sense of excitement when he's on the ball. He just moves differently. Unpredictable, usually makes a clever meaningful decision, and as we have seen this week; can make and score goals. Yes please.

humdinger

He’s direct, fearless, lightning quick and very talented. Such a joy watching him play and such an exciting player.

Woodzy

I love the way he hugs the touchline. The guy literally couldn’t have been any wider for his goal. Something we massively lack from our pretend wingers.

BerryBerryShrew

The next Januzaj :drool:

Unironically though Januzaj also burst onto the scene similarly
Januzaj had no pace/strength though. The absolute best case scenario for him would have been a Juan Mata career: which would still have been great but not superstar great.

Garnacho is absolutely explosive. The goal he just scored actually reminded me of Mbappé in the sense that he managed to overtake the oppo defender in the first 5 yards. In fairness to Fulham it's utterly impossible to defend against that.

Boondog

Nah. He looks like a boy that loves his mother.

Hope he gets some minutes in the WC.
He looks like the kid who needs to be told 10x to take the trash out. It's those bangs. :lol:

But I think he's got the right manager to maximize him.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I think it is ideal bringing him on when the game is a bit more open/stretched as it allows him to really impact the game, gain good experience and ease his way into senior football. I'm sure he is the last thing a tired defender wants to see.

He has a great touch, pacey and fearless. Great combo. Decision making also appears good at 19. Very promising player. Hopefully Hannibal can also make it here.
He's 18, he only turned 18 in July, which makes him even better for his age.

Red Rash

I'd say he is the best player ever to play football for Argentina already
Come on! Two of the greatest players ever have played for Argentina. Do you really think an 18 year old kid with barely any minutes of professional football should be compared to them? He will need many more years of quality performances to be anywhere near the greatest Argentina players...

Gabriel Heinze and Martin Palermo

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Very exciting times for the young lad. Hopefully his career with us will be great.

Too early for comparisons to Giggs?

tomaldinho1

I feel like ETH is using him well. If you watch the last goal, it really shouldn’t happen. Garnacho isn’t that ridiculously fast but he has good acceleration and I don’t know if the Fulham full back is knackered or just doesn’t see him but it genuinely looks weird watching it on replay the amount of ground he gobbled up. He’s a nightmare for someone with 70+ mins in their legs because he’s direct and wants to take people on.

footballbite

The main issue with him is in a year or so he'll probably be good and old enough to command a starting role at the required level, except Utd will still likely have a rejuvenated Rashford also worthy of a starting berth as the left-winger. Keeping the two of them happy with game time could become a problem.

I know he's made his cameos on the left wing, but given he's seemed pretty good as well with his left foot I'm surprised he's had no minutes on the right yet, and perhaps if he can do well there then by swapping him across either side it'll ensure he gets enough minutes. If Elanga can start on the right wing then I don't see why Garnacho shouldn't be able to eventually.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Please, please, please don’t turn out to be an idiot!

So exciting!
Got everything crossed. So much talent, so fun to watch. Please please don’t let him ruin it by been a idiot if the field, we’ve had enough issues with that!

FriedClams

He came late to training a few times and forgot to tie his laces. People are acting as if he kills kittens and attends NRA meetings In his spare time.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He came late to training a few times and forgot to tie his laces. People are acting as if he kills kittens and attends NRA meetings In his spare time.
Wait... he forgot to tie his laces? transfer listed

maguire, awb, and vdb to make room for other improvements

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
How good can he become?

The absolute roof for a winger like him got to be like Robben/Hazard level, right? But I think that he is a long long way off. Not taking anything away from him, what he has done is really impressive, but we know from history that being able to come in and look like a world beater for a couple of games is only the start.

That burst of pace for the goal :drool:
Watching that goal on a replay will never do it justice, live it just look like Something-Reid were standing still. The pass from Eriksen were probably low key brilliant, but it was amazing to see that run.

FriedClams

He can win the euros With spain and the World Cup with Argentina. He’s that good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
His potential is high and along with having good pace and close control in the dribble, he has a genuine goal threat. And that was easy to identify in the youth teams he played in since he arrived at the club as a 16 year old.

And people need to remember that we signed Nani when he was 20 years old (almost 21), so there's plenty of time to make comparisons between both players, but we have to be fair. And if we're to make a comparison at the same age, then Garnacho is ahead due to making his Man Utd debut before Nani first appeared in the SCP first team.

dove

Joy to watch. Pretty much the only player in our team who is capable of beating defenders and getting into the box, and he is very good at it already. What is the situation with his contract? I am seeing conflicting reports with some suggesting it's expiring in 2023, others saying it's 2025.