Garnacho: What is his potential?

OrcaFat

Even now, despite all this dreadful shite, whenever I think of Greenwood I feel depressed. I loved that guy.
Greenwood would have been a really fantastic player.

Garnacho doesn’t look to have the same talent to me but I think he can be as good as Antony if he puts his mind to it.

oneway

Greenwood would have been a really fantastic player.

Garnacho doesn’t look to have the same talent to me but I think he can be as good as Antony if he puts his mind to it.
It saddens me too our forward line up with Greenwood and the current players we have would have been phenomenal.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
The speed of dribble, close control, and left foot finish against Omonia. The vision and technique for McTominays goal.

I think he's a tad underrated on redcafe. The only thing stopping him from becoming top class, I feel, is his reported laid back nature to professional football. Maybe an ego?

If he has the work ethic he can go on to be a star.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s the same sort of player as Drogba and Mata

Red_toad

Touch of Rio about him too.
Rio was an absolute top class player, not sure I see the similarities at all as yet. Garnacho has a long way to go to get anywhere near that level of player. His pace and freshness onto the scene are really helping him, but he’ll certainly need to improve other aspects of his game if he’s going to cement a starting spot in the team.

Mr PG

Garnacho will be a top top level player. Right now he's a skinny 18 yr old kid and will improve a lot as he fills into a man's body. Will be a better player than Greenwood whose finishing was phenomenal but people forget Greenwood had stamina issues even at 21. Garnacho has incredible balance and close control even at this early age. I wanted him in the first team last season and was surprised Elanga went in ahead of him. So many of our past coaches didn't have a clue on our academy talent.

Acquire Me

I hope he does make it, but his attitude issues are a big red flag.
I am thinking his attitude had much to do with him knowing how good he is. People tend to stop working hard when things are going well. That in it self is a red flag.

DevilRed

What attitude issues are these? Genuinely asking.
Nobody has officially confirmed the exact issue, but some reports said that he came back from his Argentina call up (and playing with Messi) full of arrogance and bigheadedness.

Got a little too carried away I suppose.

Alot of us were wondering why he didn't play a single second in our preseason tour despite travelling with the squad. Bruno sort of shed light on his attitude in a recent post match interview.

Chairman Steve

He looks exciting for sure and hopefully he’s in the right place at the right time to properly develop with ETH as his manager.

For every Rashford, there’s a Macheda, Januzaj and McNair though so I’ll wait and see more of him until later in the season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope he does make it, but his attitude issues are a big red flag.
he was late for team meetings and training.

it’s not a big red flag at all, just tardiness. He’s clearly sorted it out as ETH has rewarded him

Someone

Something
Special, and not just for his talent, but he has the fire in him and most of our players don't.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He looks the only player who will actual reach somekind of potential atm.

Amazing lad.

acnumber9

Speed of him was incredible and to finish running at that pace is even better.

saivet

Even before his goal, without doing much, he looked a bigger threat than anyone we had on the pitch. Kid looks very good, have to say.

twitter thread suggester
Please, please, please don’t turn out to be an idiot!

So exciting!

Carolina Red

Staff
The little pass, the willingness to keep making the run, the burst of pace to get on the ball, and the cool finish… that goal had everything!

Woodzy

Changed the game when he came on at a time when it was looking like a Fulham goal was inevitable.

Where has all this bad attitude stuff came from?

GMoore23

Love his tenacity. He's a constant threat unlike Rashford and Sancho who are too soft and passive.

Kag

We don’t have a player like him in the squad and I’ll go as far as to say he’s more suitable for that wider role than Rashford is.