Garnacho: What is his potential?

Boondog

We need to start playing Sancho on the right when he gets back where he can play understudy to Antony. Let Garnacho and Rashford battle for the left side.
I think where this is going is the best two wingers of the moment will be on the pitch with one holding the far side. Less worry about what side and all that. I mean right now it doesn't wash to make it Garnacho OR Rashford when they're both playing like they are.

Garnacho's emergence is going to be a lightning rod for the competitive players on this forward roster. Like Antony for example, seeing another duelist out there playing with no fear. It's a big deal and changes the outlook of this team considerably if this is who he is. It gets me excited about this team even though I know we still need a striker.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
We need to start playing Sancho on the right when he gets back where he can play understudy to Antony. Let Garnacho and Rashford battle for the left side.
Agreed but I don’t think Sancho would accept being an understudy let alone to Antony. His performances have been average though

Frank Grimes

Agreed but I don’t think Sancho would accept being an understudy let alone to Antony. His performances have been average though
Antony has looked better in a few months here than Sancho has in the same amount of time plus one full year. At the moment Antony is above Sancho in the pecking order. It's up to Sancho try and win a starting place back.
Personally I have no preference for anyone as long as United improve.

Frank Grimes

I think where this is going is the best two wingers of the moment will be on the pitch with one holding the far side. Less worry about what side and all that. I mean right now it doesn't wash to make it Garnacho OR Rashford when they're both playing like they are.

Garnacho's emergence is going to be a lightning rod for the competitive players on this forward roster. Like Antony for example, seeing another duelist out there playing with no fear. It's a big deal and changes the outlook of this team considerably if this is who he is. It gets me excited about this team even though I know we still need a striker.
Rashford is dreadful on the right though. No way he'd compete with Antony there. Every time he plays there he drops a 4/10.

lex talionis

The boy’s potential is very high, but as others have noted here I’m sure, ETH needs to use him cautiously this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Lovely to see him doing well. Since the manager and Bruno have mentioned his attitude that's the biggest thing he needs to get right while he develops himself as a footballer.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I actually thought his first assist was even more impressive: most players these days would have taken a touch, or not been alert enough to see teammates in front of him. But by hitting it first time straight into Bruno he basically created the goal.

FriedClams

I actually thought his first assist was even more impressive: most players these days would have taken a touch, or not been alert enough to see teammates in front of him. But by hitting it first time straight into Bruno he basically created the goal.
the first assist is something you’d expect any pro footballer to be able to do. The second is Messi level precision.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Has he any hope of making the WC squad no?
Has he chosen Spain or Argentina yet?

It's funny how Spain was so quick to steal Thiago Alcantara and Diego Costa from us but are letting this kid off the hook.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

It's funny how Spain was so quick to steal Thiago Alcantara and Diego Costa from us but are letting this kid off the hook.
He's been in the Argentina squad before but never played yet.

Red00012

Argentina he’s made a few of their squads

berbasloth4

With the right amount of luck and effort he could go to the very top. Hopefully ten haag uses him wisely and makes sure he doesnt get too much pressure.

Knowing our fan base however when the inevitable happens and his performances drop like they do occasionally for young players they will be writing him off and suggest he gets moved on.

nakpodiareuben

the first assist is something you’d expect any pro footballer to be able to do. The second is Messi level precision.

Raised up his head, saw the space, saw Bruno and that was it. Same thing Kevin de bruyne gets hailed for weekly

edcunited1878

He's a more refined and direct version of Nani.

Two footed, likes to pass and shoot equally, match winner on his own right making something out of nothing, pace, quickness, likes to dribble, take the space.

ManRed

Can be play on the right wing? Just curious on how he had performed there in youth games. Could bring balance to the front 3. With Rashy/Sancho left wing and Antony/Garnacho right

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Love his play style, he is so direct and fearless. I hope he gets regular mins in first team.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a more refined and direct version of Nani.

Two footed, likes to pass and shoot equally, match winner on his own right making something out of nothing, pace, quickness, likes to dribble, take the space.
Ffs..
Nani was ridiculous with both feet. Garnacho pretty exclusively uses his right foot with his dribbling and cutting in.

Shimo

Huge potential but, guess the whole Greenwood thing is still fresh in my mind. So much potential, fearless and seemingly the world at his feet as could be for Garnacho. But, ETH already said he wasn't in earlier due to attitude and today again made a comment about the right stuff off the the field.

Boy, if he keeps his head down and doesn't lose that fearlessness that many young players seem to do but, the absolute best don't, then will be some player.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
When an 18 year old kid playing for united academy gets invited to the Argentine squad....you know that kid is talented. I personally feel, he should be playing all our home fixtures for the remainder of the season. He is definitely the brightest young player we have had in ages. He is already offering more than what Sancho would offer.
Who do you rate more at similar age, Garnancho or Greenwood?

kthanksbye

The boy looks a natural when it comes to beating a defender, given the way he's been playing, yesterday's assist to Scott was very uncharacteristic, a pleasant surprise that he has this kind of vision and accuracy and he's not someone who just puts his head down and tries to dribble everytime he gets the ball.
Secretly hoping that he can show more aspects of his game the more he plays.
Hard to judge his potential when we don't even know his range yet.
He also get's into goal scoring positions but most his shots have been blocked or miscued, with a bigger sample size, we'll be able to gauge how good his shooting is.
All said and done, I'm really excited to see how he develops, just don't like how Bruno and even ETH have openly spoken about his attitude, ETH has done that twice now, which I don't think was necessary.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You know what we are going to do if he turns out to be a success this season right? Ronaldo leaves next window and we will give Garnacho the number 7 to ruin his career.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Antony has looked better in a few months here than Sancho has in the same amount of time plus one full year. At the moment Antony is above Sancho in the pecking order. It's up to Sancho try and win a starting place back.
Personally I have no preference for anyone as long as United improve.
That is a good problem to have (finally). Sancho had more than enough chances so far and he played during the time the overall performance was good too. Yet he was one of the weaker players and has no guaranteed spot. If there is a better or more in form player, that one will play. He either responds to that or sits on the bench.
I wish we had that "issue" for all other positions as well but we don't

youngrell

The boy looks a natural when it comes to beating a defender, given the way he's been playing, yesterday's assist to Scott was very uncharacteristic, a pleasant surprise that he has this kind of vision and accuracy and he's not someone who just puts his head down and tries to dribble everytime he gets the ball.
Secretly hoping that he can show more aspects of his game the more he plays.
Hard to judge his potential when we don't even know his range yet.
He also get's into goal scoring positions but most his shots have been blocked or miscued, with a bigger sample size, we'll be able to gauge how good his shooting is.
All said and done, I'm really excited to see how he develops, just don't like how Bruno and even ETH have openly spoken about his attitude, ETH has done that twice now, which I don't think was necessary.
If they are having to speak about it then it probably is necessary. Besides, the same things get said about almost all talented youngsters, in that they have the ability they just need to have the right attitude to make it. It’s no big deal.

youngrell

At the moment, the ideal scenario is that he can come on for one of Rashford or Martial to give those guys a rest when needed. It would only happen when we are comfortable in a game so there’s less pressure and more space, plus we don’t overplay him.

Sparky Rhiwabon

We need to get him tied down to a new contract otherwise he won’t be reaching his potential here anyway

cyberman

Huge potential but, guess the whole Greenwood thing is still fresh in my mind. So much potential, fearless and seemingly the world at his feet as could be for Garnacho. But, ETH already said he wasn't in earlier due to attitude and today again made a comment about the right stuff off the the field.

Boy, if he keeps his head down and doesn't lose that fearlessness that many young players seem to do but, the absolute best don't, then will be some player.
Not sure a comparison with Greenwood is fair. That’s not really an attitude problem.

Elcabron

At the moment, the ideal scenario is that he can come on for one of Rashford or Martial to give those guys a rest when needed. It would only happen when we are comfortable in a game so there’s less pressure and more space, plus we don’t overplay him.
I think it is ideal bringing him on when the game is a bit more open/stretched as it allows him to really impact the game, gain good experience and ease his way into senior football. I'm sure he is the last thing a tired defender wants to see.

He has a great touch, pacey and fearless. Great combo. Decision making also appears good at 19. Very promising player. Hopefully Hannibal can also make it here.