Garnacho: What is his potential?

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
Was laughing my head off when that player just went “nah I’m not chasing that” he’s rapid

Shark

@NotShark
Most talented player to come through since he who must not be named. Oozes class and that first touch :drool:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Come through at just the right time… when everyone else is knackered, our attacking options are shite, we might lose Ronaldo and the World Cup is going to feck everything… He’s a shot of momentum we really need and he’ll be fresh and settled in Jan.
He may go to the WC. Could see it.

LARulz

I would say he is a similar level of excitement as when Greenwood burst on the scene. You just expect something to happen whenever he gets on the ball
I get what you mean, I definitely expect good things to happen but Greenwood was something special - anytime he got the ball around the box I expected not just something good but a goal

Garnacho has settled in perfectly into the first team and making things happen

KjaAnd

He’s great. Once he figures out how to create that little bit of space to get a shot off against PL defenders, he’s gonna be lethal.

Herman Toothrot

Disagree. But the vibe around the stadium when he has the ball is similar to Ronaldo vs Bolton.
Yeah but at Garnacho's age, Ronaldo was still yet to pull John O'Shea's pants down. Could all end in nowt, but he's got that excitement of Ronaldo coming on against Bolton but a bit of end product. Chances of him having a career as good as Ronnie's is very slim, but nice to be excited about it.

delerium

Some great potential this young lad has... could be destined for great things, and obviously Ten Hag is seeing it as well already and giving him opportunities. He sparked the game when it looked like everyone else was getting lethargic and I was just getting sick watching Maguire's misplaced passes. Keep it up kid!

BarstoolProphet

Yeah but at Garnacho's age, Ronaldo was still yet to pull John O'Shea's pants down. Could all end in nowt, but he's got that excitement of Ronaldo coming on against Bolton but a bit of end product. Chances of him having a career as good as Ronnie's is very slim, but nice to be excited about it.
Only a couple of months age difference between Ronaldo vs Bolton and Garnacho today though. And I still think Ronaldo was way more talented at 18 than Garnacho. We need his end product more now than we needed Ronaldo's back then. But agree, unfair to compare anyone to Ronaldo - noone could have foreseen that career trajectory, even those who rated him as a future B d'or winner.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What a pass! I’m starting to believe, this kid could become something very special.

lsd

The Oracle
I think he is now at the stage where we worry how much longer we can have have him before he goes to Real

Red Rash

I get what you mean, I definitely expect good things to happen but Greenwood was something special - anytime he got the ball around the box I expected not just something good but a goal

Garnacho has settled in perfectly into the first team and making things happen
Yea kind of a bit different in terms of excitement. Greenwood you just expected to at least hit the target everytime he got the ball within 25 yards. Garnacho you expect to take people on and get past everytime he picks up the ball. Different style but for me equally exciting albeit at a very early stage of his career

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think he is now at the stage where we worry how much longer we can have have him before he goes to Real
That stage is a couple of years from now, provided he keeps developing. We are at the stage where we need to secure his future with a solid contract though.

Herman Toothrot

Only a couple of months age difference between Ronaldo vs Bolton and Garnacho today though. And I still think Ronaldo was way more talented at 18 than Garnacho. We need his end product more now than we needed Ronaldo's back then. But agree, unfair to compare anyone to Ronaldo - noone could have foreseen that career trajectory, even those who rated him as a future B d'or winner.
Yeah man, on the same page, I was just being pedantic about the slight age difference having gone to the trouble of looking it up!

RC89

Sancho should be very worried right now. Both Garnacho and Rashford should be ahead of him in the pecking order for the left side.

saik

Reminds me of a young Martial. Electric with the ball at his feet. Villa defenders were so scared of him. I still remember how great Martial was on the left in his first few games. Shame how it turned out for him. Hopefully ETH can do a better job with Garnacho than our previous managers did with Martial. Garnacho has the potential to be a starter for us on the left wing taking Rashford's place in my view.

Ibi Dreams

We should temper expectations, because he won't always play well. But he has shown his qualities, and on song he's a brilliant talent.

Already more exciting than Elanga and even Sancho have ever been

SAFMUTD

Don't want to overreact here but I'd be surprised if he's not in the top 3 for the ballon d'or next season.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
After being burnt with Januzaj, I will keep all hopes in check.

he’s bloody exciting though.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Some of the hot take reactions after the weekend were classic as usual. This place never disappoints when ripping into our own young talents.

davidmichael

Potential is whatever he wants it to be I think as he has that Messi/young Ronaldo vibe about him where you expect something special when he has the ball BUT let’s just allow him to finish this season before we start putting pressure on him or over hype him as I remember us doing the same with Januzaj.

nakpodiareuben

When an 18 year old kid playing for united academy gets invited to the Argentine squad....you know that kid is talented. I personally feel, he should be playing all our home fixtures for the remainder of the season. He is definitely the brightest young player we have had in ages. He is already offering more than what Sancho would offer.