Garnacho: What is his potential?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He looks fantastic. Just effortless the way he glides past defenders. The timing of his touches / bursts past defenders is perfect and something our other players can learn from.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I really like that he is willing to go inside or outside when 1 on 1. Too many wingers just want to cut in and try to score and are way too predictable. He can use both feet, runs hard, and looks to score and assist. I can see him becoming a 20 goal and 15 assist kind of player...

Sgreddevil

Not trying to overhype him but it has been a long since we have a proper winger that is direct and made you excited to see what will happen whenever he got the ball. Those were the feelings I had when watching young giggs and ronaldo flying down our wings. Hope ETH can manage and groom him into a true superstar as it is obvious he has the talent in him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not trying to overhype him but it has been a long since we have a proper winger that is direct and made you excited to see what will happen whenever he got the ball. Those were the feelings I had when watching young giggs and ronaldo flying down our wings. Hope ETH can manage and groom him into a true superstar as it is obvious he has the talent in him.
Kid is a beast! Seems to have a great attitude and determination! Think this could be his time to shine…

I bet he relegates rashford to the bench permanently this season.
Reference to Elanga.

Fabio Rochemback

His ability to stop dead on the spot while running at full pace really is very special, he's a proper handful for defenders already. His decision making and composure are well above what is normal for his age too. He reminds me of Eden Hazard stylistically. I just hope that if he keeps going at this rate we'll be able to keep him if the Spanish giants come calling.

Bondi77

It will be funny if down the track our main wing choices are Rashford, Garnacho, Amad and Pellistri.

Trex

I love the South American in him, reminds me of Alexis Sanchez at his best at Arsenal also Federico Chiesa at the Euros vibes.

Malone_Post

He was having fun last night. What an absolute joy it is to watch him. He’s far from the finshed article but he’s got all the tools you need to become an incredible player.

It’s just a shame both him & Rashford are at their best in the same position. I’d be tempted to move Rashford centrally with the form he’s in infront of goal & play Garnacho from the left. Playing either of them from the right would be a waste of their talents.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
If he continues like that, he will start more and more games. Not sure how well he plays on the right but soon enough he will be a starter

Jeffthered

As I have previously stated, I love watching this guy... he's bullish, demanding, and likes a battle and these are key attributes for me, ahead of his obvious skill. Wonderful to see a left footed player, on the left flank, who can go inside and outside.. his goal against Fulham was one of the moments of the season, an outstanding, outstanding goal in a critical moment, a key game. Not many players score that goal, because you have to really want to score that goal.

I just hope (trust) ETH and the coaching team manage him well. He is a brilliant talent, who will learn from Eriksen, DDG, Bruno, Casimero..and now Rashford.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His decision making is good, he cuts inside, goes outside and also cuts back to pick players in good positions. His work rate is very good too, awesome pace. Wish we had a left footed winger like him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Never thought I'd say this about a young man... but.... he needs to change his pants. :lol:

Lentwood

Last night was one of those performances for me that confirms a player is a special talent.

People who say "its only Charlton" miss the point, because you have a kid there who has barely played 10 senior games literally toying with senior pros.

As always, the question "how good WILL he be?" is totally different to "how good CAN he be?"...but his potential is such that he CAN be one of the best wide forwards in the World IF he stays injury free, grounded and has that bit of luck

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We obviously need to extend his contract as long as possible but I do wonder what's the best step for his career after that.

I think we should loan him as he's good enough to start for a decent side but not good enough to dislodge Rashford at the moment than there's also the matter of Sancho potentially getting back and putting a decent show.

We're getting very left heavy and I think ten hag has some very difficult decisions to make, we can't keep all of them.
No way ! That's a very strange view. Kid has only one year remaining and is probably our top 3 attackers this season. Why would you loan him ?

wolvored

He will be a top player, but needs to kearn when to pass if a player is in a better position rather than always try to shoot . This will hopefully come in time and coaching. Could also result in Sancho being sold.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No way ! That's a very strange view. Kid has only one year remaining and is probably our top 3 attackers this season. Why would you loan him ?
We obviously need to tie him down but I think he needs play time to develop more, he's good enough to start for a midtable team but Rashford is simply too good to drop right now.

Not to mention Sancho will be back addition more competition to the role.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Busy, industrious wide player. Has a good all-round game from what I can see so far.

I think he has the potential of being a very good all-round offensive player. Kind of like Freddie Ljungberg, who I always thought was slightly underrated.

glasgow 21

Why is YouTube full today of "Watch all Garancho Haters"? I am reading most everywhere and all i see is "play him more " " let ETH nurture him and play him in carefully"
who is hating Garancho ?

KeanoMagicHat

He has such great personality on the field, the confidence in his ability for his age. Superb.

Mike Smalling

The way he moves with the ball with close control, low center of gravity and changes of pace is really something. Fun player to watch!

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He was sloppy and poor tonight BUT he's 18 and he has magic quality, just needs to get consistent but that's a few years away so patience.

Zen86

Very impressed with him even before the goal. Final ball isn’t always there, but he’s so confident and has a way of just gliding past his man.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He’s got a Giggs-esque first touch. He doesn’t go for the elegant Berbatov style touches, they’re just incredibly efficient, sharp moves often taking the ball at really awkward moments and catching the opposition off guard. Love it.

el3mel

The kid is so good. He's still raw and definitely not the full thing yet but the talent is here. With more experience he'll be a great addition to the team.