GB News; UK Right Leaning 24 Hour 'News' Channel

starman

A classic Liberal who worked for the Conservative party in the 1970s

Before being picked my murdoch for that most Liberal of jobs... editor of the Times... which he left followig that well trodden Liberal rights of passage and went to work for fox in America

Nothing is quite as Liberal as him rejecting the scientific concensus on man made climate change though.
All the people that were life long Labour voters but voted Conservative last election are they now right wingers in your head space?

Also learn what a classical liberal is, its not the same thing as a liberal in the US...

Fingeredmouse

Andrew Neil was/is a classical liberal, yet is now considered "alt right", this is more of a result of the radical left absorbing much of the left and redefining definitions of political stance
What the feck? Andrew Neil a liberal? He is liberal in absolutely no sense of that word nor against the US meaning that has crept across the World.

Also, in what sense have the "radical" left absorbed the left? The Overton Window in the UK has been shifting right and not left for decades.

Fingeredmouse

It isn't the same or it is :confused:

I can see my post has stirred up some of the crazy i was refering too..
Are you asking me to clarify what my opening sentence meant?

You said, rather patronisingly to @sun_tzu "Also learn what a classical liberal is, its not the same thing as a liberal in the US..."

I said: "No, it isn't"

That means I am agreeing with your point regarding the word liberal. I vehemently disagree with your point that Andrew Neil could be considered so. He is a supporter of bonkers conspiracy theories however.

As for the rest of your post...I've learned the hard way not to engage with people who'll post in that sort of hostile manner in the CE form so I am out of here. Life's too short. I hope that sticking it to those crazy Trots works out for you.

starman

Are you asking me to clarify what my opening sentence meant?

You said, rather patronisingly to @sun_tzu "Also learn what a classical liberal is, its not the same thing as a liberal in the US..."

I said: "No, it isn't"

That means I am agreeing with your point regarding the word liberal. I vehemently disagree with your point that Andrew Neil could be considered so. He is a supporter of bonkers conspiracy theories however.

As for the rest of your post...I've learned the hard way not to engage with people who'll post in that sort of hostile manner in the CE form so I am out of here. Life's too short. I hope that sticking it to those crazy Trots works out for you.
Likewise, bye

Sweet Square

O'neill is one of Thatchers insane alien egg children.

The fact he hasn't been dumped into the Thames is a stain on the British people.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don't like Andrew Neil's politics at all but I really like him as a presenter and an interviewer - he's one of the best to really make people squirm and he is impartial when he does it which I respect. I loved This Week and was really sad to see it go personally. For that reason I'll be tuning in to see what this is like.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They want to be free to be able to spout shit like this.

padzilla

Hipster
The suggestion that Andrew Neill is liberal is absurd. I am not sure why there is a need for a channel like this unless it's the capacity to espouse the opinions of the multi millionaires backing it without having to worry about small matters like accountability.

Adisa

I think I’ve seen this woman before. She’s pretty batshit as I recall?
She is. ANd her message is more evocative cause she's both African and Muslim. She's a pr goldmine for the far right.

Halftrack

Andrew Neil a liberal?:lol: That must be some strong stuff you’re smoking.
Liberal today is short for socially liberal. When someone calls themselves (or others) a classic liberal, they mean economically liberal. Their belief is (simply put) that free markets can solve (almost) everything, and that governments have no business interfering in them.

starman

Andrew Neil a liberal?:lol: That must be some strong stuff you’re smoking.
Another that doesn't know what a "classic liberal" is, its just demonstrated in the choice wording of your reply...:rolleyes:

Heres a suggestion, shut down your social media accounts, which you are clearly heavily influenced by, pick up a book, and realise there are many forms liberalism.
This maybe shocking to you, but the "Liberal" Democrats are not some radical left party, or at least the intention was not at their formation..

Andrew~

Another that doesn't know what a "classic liberal" is, its just demonstrated in the choice wording of your reply...:rolleyes:

Heres a suggestion, shut down your social media accounts, which you are clearly heavily influenced by, pick up a book, and realise there are many forms liberalism.
This maybe shocking to you, but the "Liberal" Democrats are not some radical left party, or at least the intention was not at their formation..
CE posters would tell William Gladstone he was a conservative.

Adisa

Can't wait till the give Nigel Farage and Hopkins prime time.

Smores

Part of me will be glad that they're all in one space that i can easily ignore. They'll hookwink so many people with their nonsense though that over time they'll mainstream insane opinions.

Adisa

What about that prick, Darron Grimes or whatever the feck his name his?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So basically all the far right loudmouths in one place, and they have the cheek to moan at people making assumptions about them before they air.

Gibb11

he's pretty young like, I was suprised he was rooting for a Biden Victory all the way through the US election

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Andrew Neil was/is a classical liberal, yet is now considered "alt right", this is more of a result of the radical left absorbing much of the left and redefining definitions of political stance
This might be genuinely the most braindead thing I've ever read on Redcafe.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
‘impartial’ news outlet only hiring right wing pricks? Hmm.

‘impartial’ news outlet only hiring right wing pricks? Hmm.
don’t watch it then. I won’t be. In fact, I’ve only even heard of it because of a thread in here.

those on the left, and those on the right accuse BBC of being bias... so what difference does it really make?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
don’t watch it then. I won’t be. In fact, I’ve only even heard of it because of a thread in here.

those on the left, and those on the right accuse BBC of being bias... so what difference does it really make?
It influences people who will watch it. There’s a large swath of the population that can quite easily fall for some of the shit they are going to peddle. Look at what Fox News does to the US when they present outright lies as news.

It influences people who will watch it. There’s a large swath of the population that can quite easily fall for some of the shit they are going to peddle. Look at what Fox News does to the US when they present outright lies as news.
to be fair you can’t judge it on something you think they are going to deliver...

So do you think it shouldn’t be allowed?

Judas

Open to offers
Well it doesn't take a genius to make an educated guess at what they're going to deliver, just from who they're hiring alone. People should be worried about this, we've seen what happened in America. This country proved with Brexit that it's full of idiots ripe to be manipulated and brainwashed.