GB News; UK Right Leaning 24 Hour 'News' Channel

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So where is he going next? GBTV? Reclaim Party? I kind of hope he goes headfirst into a volcano but...

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Oh, Piers Morgan. He's just a horrible little posh bully boy who thinks his opinion is far too important. He spouts off non stop poison that's more often than not completely ill-informed and tabloidesque just says whatever to get a reaction, with zero regard for the subject of his bollocks. As you pointed out in the other thread all he cares about attention, which is kind of annoying because by being such a cnut he does well to get it from people like me. He's like a sociopath who just sees people as ways for him to garner attention at any cost to them. IF there are lizard people, he's definitely one of them.

He's Arsenal too.

NinjaFletch

whats the deal with the 'this article is x months old', I noticed that recently. Are they afraid of the political climate changing dramatical that they may say something offensive
There was a phenomenon a few years ago where people shared genuine, old news articles an acted like the events has just happened in an attempt to rile people up. It's just a case of making it clearer that the thing you're reading isn't new news.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Interesting choice of picture. I wonder what he could possibly be up to?

Oh it’s not another “anti-woke” campaigner by any chance is it? It’s almost like the right are manufacturing something here.
Funny quote given he stormed off when someone said something back to him.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
"Sir, the masses are starting to use social media so that their voices can be heard."

"Quickly; throw shitloads of money at a right wing news channel that uses childish phrases so the muppets will be able to understand! Don't forget to demean their views whilst at the same time decrying how we're being silenced by the libs!"

DavidDeSchmikes

wokewatch will be ramblings about Meghan Markle, vegan pasties, and how an entire 5 people on Twitter want to cancel [insert anything here]

Last edited:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Read today that Andrew Neil has quit the BBC to help launch GB News. Sounds like it will be the UK version of Fox News. Expect LBC but on television. Rupert Murdoch is apparently planning a similar TV channel.

What those on the Right manage to do very successfully is paint a picture of them being the downtrodden, under represented and mistreated sector of society. The reality is that it is the ideology of the Right that shapes the society we live in.
With most of the print media firmly right of centre, I'm quite worried about these views translating to tv

Anyway, I suppose I'm looking for people's views on this. Obviously I don't think so, but do others feel that their Right leaning views are not represented in the media? How much of a shit show will this channel and others like it be? Will BoJo buck his recent trend and actually appear on this channel?
Jesus, the bold is so accurate. It’s pathetic really isn’t it. It’s in similar vein to all the white lives matter too bollocks. Really depressing stuff thinking that this is how people think.

vidic blood & sand

This is the first I've heard of the new channel starting. I thought for a minute it had already started, as it seems to be getting criticized here already.

ShinjiNinja26

‘Wokewatch’ fecking hell. :wenger:

So essentially just a bunch of old bigoted cnuts bitching and moaning about all the important issues in the world like how a potato can no longer be called “Mr” etc. how fun.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Inaya Folarin Imam and Andrew Doyle joining GB News.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’ll be interesting to see just how many right leaning journalists from the BBC come out of the woodwork for this.

vidic blood & sand

WOW Alastair Stewart has signed up. He always struck me as being a bit dull, and thought he was pretty much retired.
Remember him reading the news on ITN back when I as in school. Hope they sign some gritty right wing presenters, I want to see some lefty liberal petal slapping action.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
WOW Alastair Stewart has signed up. He always struck me as being a bit dull, and thought he was pretty much retired.
Remember him reading the news on ITN back when I as in school. Hope they sign some gritty right wing presenters, I want to see some lefty liberal petal slapping action.
He left ITN in shame after replying to a black man on Twitter, calling him an “angry ape”, albeit in a Shakespeare quote. I’m sure he’s going to feel right at home.