General Election 2017 | Cabinet reshuffle: Hunt re-appointed Health Secretary for record third time

How do you intend to vote in the 2017 General Election if eligible?

• Conservatives

Votes: 80 14.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 322 58.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 57 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 20 3.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 13 2.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 29 5.3%
  • Independent

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Other (UUP, DUP, BNP, and anyone else I have forgotten)

Votes: 14 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nogbadthebad

Quite a few young 'uns when I got there, also the usual battalions of oldies. May have accidentally put my polling card into the ballot box as well.

There is much more youth engagement than I have ever seen before. The lass from little mix tweeted about it and in as little as 10 minutes had hundreds of replies about voting labour and voting for the first time. Its not just the grime artists.

Not sure it will be enough mind, but getting the young out to vote is a good thing whatever happens.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So it turns out my Lib Dem is basically useless

So I will be voting Labour

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
All you first time voters out there - you did bring a pen, right?

Silva

There was a minor queue when I went to vote, about the same as it was at the referendum - obviously it doesn't mean anything, but hopefully the youth vote has remained engaged.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
There was a minor queue when I went to vote, about the same as it was at the referendum - obviously it doesn't mean anything, but hopefully the youth vote has remained engaged.
Have seen a lot of tweets saying there are long queues at universities.

rcoobc

I spoke to my sister and that's the first thing she said, doesn't trust them them* apparently.

*Whoever they are :lol:
Because they* wouldn't just ignore that one and move onto the next?

*Whoever they are

It does seem like we should all be given pens though, just for the safty of democracies sake

Untied

So after criticising Corbyn because of how important it is we have a Labour government JK Rowling endorses Jess Phillips and the Liberal Democrats.

Well done.

Blind

This is like my fifth trip to the polling station since I could start voting in 2014, fecking madness.

Untied

JK Rowling: I want to win elections

Also JK Rowling: Vote Lib Dem

finneh

Well put. The hysteria on social media in recent weeks has been incredibly off-putting.
On a single anecdotal piece of evidence the left wing hysteria on social media seems to be being replicated in reality. My other half was physically assaulted a few hours ago outside a polling station for asking what turned out to be a Labour supporter what they're polling number was (she works for a Conservative MP so was asked to be a "teller" this AM).

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
On a single anecdotal piece of evidence the left wing hysteria on social media seems to be being replicated in reality. My other half was physically assaulted a few hours ago outside a polling station for asking what turned out to be a Labour supporter what they're polling number was (she works for a Conservative MP so was asked to be a "teller" this AM).
I just had to google what a teller is, I've voted my whole life and never once been asked outside the polling centre what my polling number was. I'd definitely have told them to mind their own fecking business. That's one of the shit things about our UK political system, its never really just clearly explained to potential voters how it all works. I'm a full on politics nerd and have been for over 20 years, so if I didn't know about this, then someone voting for the first time isn't likely to either.

Ubik

I just had to google what a teller is, I've voted my whole life and never once been asked outside the polling centre what my polling number was. I'd definitely have told them to mind their own fecking business.
It's pretty standard, nothing partisan and certainly nothing to get violent about.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's pretty standard, nothing partisan and certainly nothing to get violent about.
No-one should ever get violent of course, but if I've never seen it happen in over 20 years of voting, then its not that standard. Perhaps they only bother in potential swing constituencies?

rcoobc

Why was she doing that?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Nobody in the voting place when I went to vote at 11ish. Safe seat for Labour in any case.

First time voting so I didn't realise you only vote for your local constituency and it counts towards the total, thought I'd not been given the extra ballot sheet asking which party you want and which leader you want as PM.
Are you in St. Helens North or South?

I voted at 7.30ish. Was about five voters there and I was the youngest by at least three decades.

Ubik

No-one should ever get violent of course, but if I've never seen it happen in over 20 years of voting, then its not that standard. Perhaps they only bother in potential swing constituencies?
Must differ from place to place, I've had it at every (even local) election. All they're doing is tracking turnout.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I voted at 7.30ish. Was about five voters there and I was the youngest by at least three decades.
That's the perfect time to casually say 'Oh my god, I can't believe that Theresa May wants to ban Custard Creams AND Werthers Originals'. Worth a shot.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah, I've never seen it happen either though I've only started voting since 2010 (when I was first eligible to vote).

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Must differ from place to place, I've had it at every (even local) election. All they're doing is tracking turnout.
If you've never seen it before though, and you're already edgy about vote tampering, you can understand why it could freak people out. Not to the point of violence though of course.

Ubik

I vote in Bolsover now which has never been anything other than red! I'll keep trying though! :)
Some rumours that the Tories were thinking they had a chance there, but Skinner's personal vote must be pretty hard to beat.