Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newstyle

Just happy to be rid of the Glazer’s. They have mismanaged and bled this club dry for far too long. Qatar, INEOS, Musk, I don’t really care as long as they put the club first.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I personally dislike Qatar and Saudi rulers and their laws, but I have to say the amount of islamophobia and racism towards Arabs in general and how it's tolerated by the mods/admins on this site is really disheartening as a fellow fan of this club, I hope y'all refrain from generalizing and attacking the populace, please understand that we are also humans and we deserve the same level of respect you give to your countrymen and other nations, thanks.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This thread is like a social experiment gone wrong :lol: :lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

These fecking journos are winding me up, Ian Herbert from the Mail the latest one.

Where have they been in drawing proper attention to what the Glazers have done to us over the last 18 years? and rather than writing stories about the City's setup that would have warded off similar ownership ever happening again, I seem to remember alot of them lapping up everything they had to offer, and writing some very nice stories about the club.

It's like them think we have a say in all this, in an ideal world the FA or the government would step in, take the club from the Glazers, and oversee a sale so we get the right sort of owners, but this seems to reserved for Chelsea only, where as we are left to the mercy of the Glazers whim, who are apparently about to sell the soul of the club, and we should be ashamed.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I personally dislike Qatar and Saudi rulers and their laws, but I have to say the amount of islamophobia and racism towards Arabs in general and how it's tolerated by the mods/admins on this site is really disheartening as a fellow fan of this club, I hope y'all refrain from generalizing and attacking the populace, please understand that we are also humans and we deserve the same level of respect you give to your countrymen and other nations, thanks.
I don’t find that fair comment at all, we do our best but as part time volunteers we can’t be everywhere

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I've criticised the mods plenty but just report these so-called islamophobic posts. Unless you're just making it up and being a drama queen, of course.

Giggsyking

Reopening thread. Please keep it civil and constructive.

Anyone insulting others will be removed
Can we please make this thread about the process of selling the club instead of the lectures of history and morality?
There is already another thread about "state ownership" and I guess there can people talk about the morality part of this process.

BarstoolProphet

This thread makes me lose faith in humanity. If replacing a greedy capitalist with a tyrant dictator is applauded as a change for the better, then there really isn't much hope for the world going forward.
Imagine living in a country where you cannot say what you want, you cannot believe in what you want, you cannot freely choose the lifepartner you want, you cannot dress as you like, you have no vote and your selfappointed government is the church, law, jury, executioner and controls 100% of the power and resources in your country. Sportswashing is a huge problem and we cannot take their money to look the other way.

A tad dramatic don't you think? Surely you can't actually mean that this thread is what made you lose faith in humanity? I understand that you are trying to put an emphasis on your point but still.

It's also like you have listed the only two options available here. How about taking their money but at the same time not look the other way? If anything the World Cup showed us is that their issues came under way more scrutiny than it would have if it hadn't been for the tournament. Same can be said for buying United, but the scrutiny will increase tenfold, so the sportswashing argument doesn't really hold up. You can already see this. You cannot force change in those countries without accepting them into the wider global community. Just see how much progress that has been made in the neighbouring country of UAE, even if they have some way to go.

Dubai had to change to turn into the tourism and financial hub that it is now, and it's still changing because they want to position themselves as an attractive location for the Western money in the future also. Most likely Qatar are seeing this and wants a piece of the cake. Whilst not in the short depending on diversifying their economy like Dubai, they still have to look to a future beyond O&G. While Dubai went for finance and tourism, Qatar are choosing sports to promote their country. Also with their already heavy investments in the West in different sectors including sports, there's little evidence that they want to spread their political views beyond their borders.

Also once again greedy capitalists gets off lightly/scot free.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
After so many years of mismanagement I only care about getting an owner who put the club’s wellbeing first.

That’s why a Qatari ownership attracts me. No debts and no dividends. If they invest in a new stadium, new training facilities and give enough resources to both the men and women’s team to compete at the highest level then I’m more than satisfied. I don’t think any other owners except the Saudi Arabia investors can fulfill these wishes and that’s why my choice is simple and why I supports a Qatar ownership. Football first.

TheReligion

Abusive
You completely missed the context, but cherrypick what you wish from what I said to suit your opinion.

Ole, Jose and van Gaal were all given bid budgets were they not? Are they still manager of Man United as we speak? No, because football is a result driven business. As I said, when ten Hag isn't winning the big trophies as the owners wish, he'll be sacked.
Isn’t that what happens in football management? Not sure what is groundbreaking about this insight tbh.

Judas

Open to offers
I hope we’re run in a less trigger happy, and more respectful way. The public courting of Rashford has been obnoxious by the PSG owners, don’t want to see any of that shite.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
PSG were just an expensive test case, hopefully. Certainly, hands off EtH.

led_scholes

Yes the qataris will pump money for the stadium and the community. But please anyone bar them. The glazers just want to feck us one last time.

TheReligion

Abusive
As someone who lives a commonwealth country, the outrage in here from UK people over Middle Eastern owners is laughable and comes across as racist.

The British Empire enslaved, terrorised, and forcefully ruled over millions people, even as recently as 60 years ago.

If we don't want owners from the middle east maybe we should scrutinise these UK owners and their historical source of wealth as well.
You see you’ve made the mistake in thinking everyone who is outraged or made critical comments is from the UK.

This is an Irish forum with posters from all over the world.

LordSpud

I find it very strange that outside of SJR and Qatar no-one else has been bought public yet especially with the 'soft' deadline of the 17th Feb. My worry is behind the scenes some Americans are trying to get it done quietly because of the fear of backlash and folks on Twitter spamming their accounts like we've seen before.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I want access to the 'data room'.

I imagine it will just be a whole load of metrics with red downward trending charts and sad faces.
There will not be much to look at in that data room. Besides agreements with sponsors, broadcasting rights for MUTV and similar, everything else is more or less public.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Now when i am in full muppet mode i fear the worst; Qatari using us as smoke screen while buying Liverpool and we will be stuck with Sir Jim

stw2022

I find it very strange that outside of SJR and Qatar no-one else has been bought public yet especially with the 'soft' deadline of the 17th Feb. My worry is behind the scenes some Americans are trying to get it done quietly because of the fear of backlash and folks on Twitter spamming their accounts like we've seen before.
Plausible. Wouldn't bet against it to be honest. Definitely think there's those looking to bid and looking to win who we haven't read much of

Spoony

The People's President
Developing areas around the stadium and other parts of Manchester has me won over. Sorry but I love Manchester.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I don’t find that fair comment at all, we do our best but as part time volunteers we can’t be everywhere
That's fair enough, my apologise for the unfair criticism but I still hope people on caf can be a bit more respectful of other cultures.
I've criticised the mods plenty but just report these so-called islamophobic posts. Unless you're just making it up and being a drama queen, of course.
In this thread I feel like it's more racism towards Arabs rather than islamophobia, I just wanted to say that generalization towards the people of the region can be hurtfull.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Possible. There are for sure some Americans interested. And those feckers (not meaning this in a bad way by all means) know how to get deal done. If they will go head to head, with similiar offer as Qatari, i would bet on Americans.

ShinjiNinja26

Nah, we’ve came to realise over the last 18 years the only thing the Glazers care about is money. They’re selling to the highest bidder no doubt about it and I can’t see the Qatari’s being outbid by anyone, unless it’s another Middle Eastern consortium.

Judas

Open to offers
Possible, but I’d expect Qatar will simply blow any American offer away. Glazers only care about the money.

It does seem like a very plausible nightmare scenario though.

stw2022

Media hype tends to go with the trends. Many of these people are paid by the click or at least have their success evaluated based on traffic. The Qatar rumours are what's hot now. Definitely think there's something solid in it but 90% of what we read is piggybacking from journalists looking to benefit from trends

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Possible, but I’d expect Qatar will simply blow any American offer away. Glazers only care about the money.

It does seem like a very plausible nightmare scenario though.
Don't forget that Glazers are possibly closer to American potential buyers than ME. So making a deal with some American company opens them door for some future business with that company.

Status
Not open for further replies.