Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
You think he consistently siphoned 2% a year for 20 years and didn’t spend any of it elsewhere for two entire decades ? That’s quite remarkable glass half full speculation on your part. And once again, that has feck all to do with this son, who is the one allegedly seeking to buy United.
Yes he did spend it by investing in hotels, art etc so worth even more than that probably

It's a 'family office' if you don't know what that means then Google it

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yes he did spend it by investing in hotels, art etc so worth even more than that probably

It's a 'family office' if you don't know what that means then Google it
Who do you think is seeking to buy United here ? Jassim, his Dad, and/or the Qatari sovreign wealth fund ?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Who do you think is seeking to buy United here ? Jassim, his Dad, and/or the Qatari sovreign wealth fund ?
I don't think anyone knows with any certainty. Who knows? There may be even a non-Qatari component in his foundation. I assume he has non-Qatari friends/partners? But that's the point.

If he wins, then we will find out more. Otherwise, anything else is just pure speculation and should be treated as that.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't think anyone knows with any certainty. Who knows? There may be even a non-Qatari component in his foundation. I assume he has non-Qatari friends/partners? But that's the point.

If he wins, then we will find out more. Otherwise, anything else is just pure speculation and should be treated as that.
It would be great if proponents of the Qatari bid would simply admit its a state backed bid instead of clutching at straws about the hypothetical wealth of Jassim's dad.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Jassim backed by his family office

And then on top of that there is any number of possible combos of financial institutions, consortiums, friends&family who might chip in

MF1138

Jassim backed by his family office

And then on top of that there is any number of possible combos of financial institutions, consortiums, friends&family who might chip in
So random group of could be anybodies. Fills me with confidence as to their intentions.

So random group of could be anybodies. Fills me with confidence as to their intentions.
Ha ha.

Bizarre how some can be backing the Qatari bid to the hilt & yet come out with stuff like this.

If that really was the make up of the Qatari bidders, it should be pretty terrifying for fans. We have no idea who they are, of their wealth, how it’s being funded, if they are stretching themselves to the limit, or if they have any clue on how to run a club etc.

Micky Targaryen

Disagree its about rival fans feeling better, I genuinely don't see how their success can be lauded vs our great history for example - they have bought their success with revenue not solely generated from the club, and this is why they are under constant investigation.

No narrative, just how I feel about oil money. It's clearly a fronting situation, so let's cut the bs. That invidiual does not have the personal wealth to buy utd themselves, its been confirmed, so there has to be 'other' money involved, to which we don't know the origin.

Utd means different things to different people, so if you're happy with that outcome then fair enough. I think we are better than that pal
EXACTLY. We don't know anything so let's cut the bs. Don't press the panic button yet.

croadyman

Seems to me like the Qatari are considering pulling the plug more than anything else. They did the same with FSG when the latter tried to scam them. It will add to their reputation as hard bargainers, especially when they move on to another club down the line.
Them pulling plug will be so disheartening,makes me believe this Elliot management end up just putting in minor investment. Certainly seems like Ratcliffe has a cutoff point which he might have to rethink if he is left as the sole full sale bidder

prateik

What wonderful news to wake up to..

Hope Jimmy's bid is good enough for a quick sale.

Bosws87

Because they were looking for investment to stay before announcing a sale
Fans played a huge part the franchise model is exactly what they were hoping for it’s the American standard.

Countless times the glazers have given into fan pressure the amount of times we had no money or were looking for cheap loans to pull out huge transfers at the death that is fan pressure and it’s a little disrespectful to say they have done nothing, to say the least.

Woodward glazers puppet did not just get up and leave cos he can’t be bothered anymore. Fans have plenty of power it’s silly attitudes like above that stops them from getting together to cause the change that is needed.

Division and saying there pointless is exactly what the owners want.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
anyone else beginning to get the feeling that the clowns are buggering around and won't sell up fully? meanwhile, the Finnish guy has the ability to remind me of Michael Knighton...

Giggsyking

You think he consistently siphoned 2% a year for 20 years and didn’t spend any of it elsewhere for two entire decades ? That’s quite remarkable glass half full speculation on your part. And once again, that has feck all to do with this son, who is the one allegedly seeking to buy United.
Jassim will not be the only one involved in the club. If you listened to the interview it will be more than one involved.

Giggsyking

If we don't get confirmation of a bid by tomorrow evening I'd say it's off and the Glazers are staying.
Why? Ineos made a bid. The Glazers will be more terrified if the Qataris do not bid anymore and will have the idea they may probably never get what they ever want. They will be really donkeys if they do not sell with state of the club and the crashing world economy. Sir Jim made a bid of about 5b and it is more than fair. They do not deserve more.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I doubt that the Jassim won't bid. He'd make himself, his father and Qatar look stupid at the world stage. I am not that happy with INEOS bid. These guys have no clue how to run a football club and they'll saddle us with debt. If they can't compete with Nice in the farmer's league then imagine how they can compete in the EPL against Abu Dhabi, Boelhy and Saudi

dinostar77

anyone else beginning to get the feeling that the clowns are buggering around and won't sell up fully? meanwhile, the Finnish guy has the ability to remind me of Michael Knighton...
I think its pure and unadultered greed. The glazer siblings probably want a $1billion each most likely.

Drizzle

I am not that happy with INEOS bid. These guys have no clue how to run a football club and they'll saddle us with debt.
Firstly, it sounds like they're lining up Paul Mitchell as director of football. This guy is very competent indeed.

Secondly, please be careful with language - 'saddling us with debt' is meant to sound like they'd be Glazers mark 2. But you know perfectly well this is a completely different business model:
- they need the club to grow and be successful to earn anything out of it, unlike the Glazers.
- they have to invest in the squad and infrastructure to make it grow
- the debt would not be on the club, unlike the Glazers
- their need to get a return on investment is not some uniquely evil business practice, it's how 99.99% of these acquisitions are. Even Qatar will want to see some financial gain from it. Boehly needs to turn a profit.

I doubt that the Jassim won't bid. He'd make himself, his father and Qatar look stupid at the world stage. I am not that happy with INEOS bid. These guys have no clue how to run a football club and they'll saddle us with debt. If they can't compete with Nice in the farmer's league then imagine how they can compete in the EPL against Abu Dhabi, Boelhy and Saudi
Ha ha, another day, another Devilish rehashed post. As I said two weeks back, I’m certain you’re an AI, no real person could be that boring.

Last edited:

SuperScoot

EXACTLY. We don't know anything so let's cut the bs. Don't press the panic button yet.
I'm not panicking.

Out of the choices I would just prefer SJR, but that's not ideal.

I just want to watch utd like I've done for nearly 40 years, and not feel a sense of we have lost who we are, winning with oil money is hollow, its the journey to victory, that makes it sweeter.

Example, before our famous treble winning season, how many times did we draw Juventus in UCL, and come up just a little short, but every time you could feel the team was getting better, until eventually we were the better team.

Another example, in the first Mourinho Chelsea years, we were in transition and they just bought everyone, we weren't used to it but Fergie continued to believe we were on the right track, then came the Fletcher looping header, and we beat them at OT, and you felt it could start to turn our way again. Fergie was right, a title in 07 followed by a league and champions league double in 08.

We are now in a 'process' with EtH, and I've found my connection with the team again, you can feel it in the staduim again, am very much looking forward to the journey.

As it stands, any success we achieve will be 'in spite' of bad ownership, but if Qatar comes in and we buy who we want, yes it's is a dream to some of the transfer muppets on here, but its not the reason I watch utd, or why our story makes us so different to the rest.. we don't need financial doping or a sugar daddy, or to have any future success compromised by human rights questions ffs.

You go to Old Trafford, and you see people of all genders, ethnicities, religions, sexualities, how it should be, sport should be a safe haven from the prejudicies, and regimes, that type of state ownership just goes against the broad spectrum of people that can park all the hate at the door, and just love watching their team.

feck the Glazers, but also a no from me on Qatar..

Status
Not open for further replies.