Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

This is exactly what the Glazers want

A good old fashioned show down

Who has the biggest plums? That’s the question now
The Sir vs the Sheikh!

Who will win?

You decide via the new Manchester United worldwide fan app.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
“ Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS find it funny that Qatar can’t afford the outbid a private citizen. He doesn’t understand why they are even trying..” :wenger:
Qatar Emir is broke ass poor!! He needs to contact the Elliot Group if he wants to avoid his electricity being cut off by the end of March deadline.

Superden

some of yous really need to reflect on the levels of bitterness and anger at sports journalists that your are expressing.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
“None of them have a clue”

yet keegan has more or less been right on the money all throughout.

I know the CAF likes to take a massive dump on journo’s all the time but it is an actual profession & they will have sources of whom who are dealing with the process.

But yeah. They “don’t have a clue”
Keegan said their bid had gone in the other day and it hadn't.

They don't have a clue. It's the biggest story in sport at the moment and they all want a piece of it. Most of them are charlatans. Only footy journo I listen to is Ornstein tbh.

Mr. Robot

Keegan seems less than optimistic, this is all going to drag on
Keegan doesn’t know shit. Changes his story every week. So does Kaveh.

What’s really happening is: no one actually knows what’s happening. They’ve all had to sign NDAs therefore can’t come out and say what is going on.

I can’t believe people still haven’t grasped this.

Tiber

So Sportico's big news of a bid which jumped by 1.5 billion was bullshit? shocker. Alas, good old unclecun**yface also proved wrong :(

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Keegan doesn’t know shit. Changes his story every week. So does Kaveh.

What’s really happening is: no one actually knows what’s happening. They’ve all had to sign NDAs therefore can’t come out and say what is going on.

I can’t believe people still haven’t grasped this.
I think saying they no feck all is an exaggeration. They have some sources which get it right, but they’ll also get it wrong depending on the level of access they have. Obviously you can’t take what they say as gospel and that’s why you have different tiers for journos. But they would hypothetically know more than me that’s for sure!

NK86

How are any of these sports journos supposed to be knowing the amount being bid when NDAs have been signed by all parties involved?

Oranges038

“None of them have a clue”

I know the CAF likes to take a massive dump on journo’s all the time but it is an actual profession & they will have sources of whom who are dealing with the process.

But yeah. They “don’t have a clue”
Of course he has.

Woziak

They’ve just rehashed last nights article with an update that bid is in. It states their bid is expected to be similar to the SJR one at 5bn. None of them have much of a clue on the details yet. All they know is last night it went in.
SJR was apparently £5.3bn so
I would assume this is slightly higher but not the £6bn reported my guess and it’s a pretty flimsy guess is that

SJR bid was £4.6bn + £680m debt =£5.28bn

SJ bid was £4.820bn + £680m debt
= £5.5bn

This is to clear debt and but 69.50% of shares.

cyberman

How are any of these sports journos supposed to be knowing the amount being bid when NDAs have been signed by all parties involved?
I think they can brief what is happening just not the numbers involved.
Hence the obvious guesses of around 5b from everybody reporting it

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Not been on this thread since yesterday - what happened with the new 9pm Friday deadline?

Have we bought Bellingham and Osimhen yet??

To be fair every journo from Romano to the BBC reported this bid, they was briefed the bid went in then later that night United revealed they had given an extension
Exactly.

That’s the point, they’ve been proven utterly unreliable with regards to these bids.

I also don’t believe they were all briefed as you put it, as they all posted at different times, one journo jumped the gun and all the rest followed him throughout the evening.

Infra-red

Not been on this thread since yesterday - what happened with the new 9pm Friday deadline?

Have we bought Bellingham and Osimhen yet??
Qatar and Ineos both submitted bids of around £5bn, which is thought to be well below the Glazers' asking price. There are also multiple offers of financing and minority investment, including from Elliott Management.

Nobody knows what will happen next, but the general assumption is that there will be a further round of bidding early next month.

MiamiSpartan

Keegan has been right on the money reporting what the Qatari bidders want the public to know. He's been the lead PR arm of the Qatari bid.

And I don't mean that as a shot. Journos use sources and he clearly has a source with Qatar. I'm just saying to recognize it for what it is, and not some special ITK work from Keegan.

Same goes for every journo. I agree with you that people are too hard on journos. They can only report what they're told. And short of having some super secret source that is whistleblowing or leaking info against the wishes of their employer (which journos can't just manifest that someone with every party involved is willing to do), then they're just going to get the info that the parties want them to report. Take it all with a grain of salt because whoever gives the reporters info has an agenda of their own.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Of course he has.

hahahah!!

Do you guys expect Journalists to be the fecking an all knowing Oracle? Every single last one of them? Because that’s what it sounds like.

Source A: Gets info Tells Journo
Journo: writes piece and publishes ir
Source A: in the meantime between the journo publishing it got info that contradicts their original piece of info

Journo now looks stupid.

“unreliable” isn’t exactly fair when an all manner of situations could have occurred.

The CAF has this weird obsession with journalists being right about everything and always producing 110% facts. But at the same time won’t believe it even if it’s right in front of them. Yet if it is bad news they’ll believe it no questions asked. It’s fascinating. Keegan has gone from the oracle at the beginning of this thread to an unbelievable doughnut . (Understandably this is a complex situation so I’ll give some leeway)

MiamiSpartan

If you had 10bn in your bank account right now you wouldn't think this way.

There's no way you're giving the Glazers 6bn and then spending another 2bn on stadium and training ground. It's easy to say you would when you know it's never going to happen.

Rich people don't like throwing their money away.
You may be right. It's easy to say without being in that position. I was saying it a little tongue in cheek. It was more a comment on how insane these numbers are. That there are people that could give away 90%+ of their wealth and still be a literal BILLIONAIRE.

Member 125398

Do you guys expect Journalists to be the fecking an all knowing Oracle? Every single last one of them? Because that’s what it sounds like.

Source A: Gets info Tells Journo
Journo: writes piece and publishes ir
Source A: in the meantime between the journo publishing it got info that contradicts their original piece of info

Journo now looks stupid.

“unreliable” isn’t exactly fair when an all manner of situations could have occurred.

The CAF has this weird obsession with journalists being right about everything and always producing 110% facts. But at the same time won’t believe it even if it’s right in front of them. Yet if it is bad news they’ll believe it no questions asked. It’s fascinating. Keegan has gone from the oracle at the beginning of this thread to an unbelievable doughnut . (Understandably this is a complex situation so I’ll give some leeway)
Fergie had it right about you lot tbf.

strandty

If you like financial talk

He’s not wrong. Elliott are predators, they look for vulnerable owners/companies and take advantage of it. They’ll have something written in that if they default on X, Y, Z or don’t meet certain terms then they receive certain perks/shares etc. Milan almost went to the wall

Tiber

Whilst im one of the worst offenders, we need to stop following this tweet by tweet. Look at Musk's twitter deal, that was off for weeks and then suddenly there was an announcement the deal was done.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Nothing.

INEOS asked for an extension, Ranie agreed then called Qatar to tell them they also had an extension.

INEOS then put their bid in and Qatar have said they're still preparing theirs and it will be in soon.

Both bids in the region of £4b excluding paying off the debt currently on the club, which Qatar have said they will do, INEOS have not.

Journalists are falling over themselves to be the first to report the bid as 'in' but every time they jump the gun someone from Qatar comes out and says 'we haven't bid yet'
I was thinking - do the Glazers actually care whether one bidder is paying off the debt, and the other isn’t? The debt is on the club and doesn’t affect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.