#GlazersOut

Rusholme Ruffian

Oh.. when does it stopped?
Sorry, I don't quite know what you're banging on about. You implied that these protests will stop once we start winning again, and I pointed out that the biggest of these protests came when we were winning stuff most years. And in fact, the last 6 years, when we've won very little there has been little in the way of visible protest. So what's your point?

blythy

Fascist Dictator
He never spend.
He runs a tight ship. They've just invested in a new stadium, which arguably will serve as the basis for future financial strength.

There is more to football than spending money signing players. :rolleyes:

arthurka

This needs to be amplified, things won´t change for the better under these "owners"..

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He runs a tight ship. They've just invested in a new stadium, which arguably will serve as the basis for future financial strength.

There is more to football than spending money signing players. :rolleyes:
Such as not having a transfer budget to push on after finishing 3rd?

Not strenghtening the squad with bale money?

Not having a dof and structure in place?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Sorry, I don't quite know what you're banging on about. You implied that these protests will stop once we start winning again, and I pointed out that the biggest of these protests came when we were winning stuff most years. And in fact, the last 6 years, when we've won very little there has been little in the way of visible protest. So what's your point?
It will stop once we're winning. It stopped when we're winning. Doesnt it?

Read the link i posted you. In 2016 everyone is praising the glazer there

buchansleftleg

I'm as keen as anyone to see these parasites removed from the club, but I think the fans also need to carry out a realistic campaign to find the best potential new owners out there. I'm not saying "better the devil you know" but having the wrong owner at this point could send the club in a downward spiral.

What I don't want to see is the Glazers being hounded out and just selling to the first bidder and then we end up potentially having some idiot like Mike Ashley taking over.

I'd also want us to avoid being the plaything of an oppressive regime like one of the Saudi Royal families.

I think that whilst I'd like the whole idea of a Supporters trust etc taking over I'm skeptical it would work in the UK given how the money is distributed from TV deals.

So who could we get / target for a more positive campaign where we ask them to get involved?

We want someone with a large amount of personal wealth so they are not going to want to feed off the club
Someone who doesn't have a massive personal ego that needs massaging
Someone who would respect the culture and traditions of the club
Someone who would have ambitions to make the club the biggest in the world again
Someone who would take a backseat on football matters and get footballing people making key decisions

Any other critieria? Any suggestions who would be right for us? Why don't we ask them to come in and look at United as a massive business opportunity rather than just focusing on the Glazers!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
FSG came in, immedately cleared the worst of Liverpool’s debt. Has taken £0 in dividends since. Lets the club use its own money. Even spent £110m on stadium improvements.

The Guardian:
Lets not pretend that FSG are some 'Red Knights' style ideal owners - they are here for profit and nothing else just like the Glazers.

They actually got the club on a cheap deal after the previous American owners failed miserably, were close to bankrupt and the banks essentially kicked them out - that is a warning about how things can go very wrong with clueless owners in charge.

The £110m spent on Anfield is a loan that they have already been repaying themselves on (with interest) and Liverpool are far from debt free.

FSG deserve some credit for making good decisions on recruitment and that is where the Glazers have failed massively - but lets not forget that, even in the postFergie era where we have been generally crap, we still won several trophies and until last month the Scousers had won absolutely nothing for the best part of a decade.

blythy

Fascist Dictator
I'm as keen as anyone to see these parasites removed from the club, but I think the fans also need to carry out a realistic campaign to find the best potential new owners out there.
Agree.

My main problem with this recent campaign is that for most people it resonates primarily because it is a reaction to 1) not signing any 'big names' yet and 2) a rumoured £100m transfer budget. I can't help thinking that if we were to sign a few players - the campaign would lose significant momentum.

More importantly; until the Glazers see a significant impact on the money they steal from the club year on year - they're not going anywhere.

croadyman

I am sick to the back teeth of the british media not having the guts to drag these Yankee leeches out. Why are they so scared to write anything remotely critical about them.

izzydiggler

At the risk of being ‘master of the obvious’, the Glazers have made loads of money from the club and they continue to. They don’t care about hashtags trending on Twitter, the colour of the scarfs etc. The green and gold campaign had a few column inches a few years ago and then died in its arse as it will again.

The simple reality is until the merch/match day/TV money/sponsorship revenue dries up, they’re laughing to the bank. You want them gone, stop putting money into their pocket...we are all fans of the club, want to support our team etc but that’s the situation.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So what are we actually going to do? This chihuahua barking “#GlazersOut” is pathetic. We need bite. What’s it going to be?

Reddy Rederson

If even half of what is written here is correct, we are in even deeper siht than i thought...
I heard some of this stuff on the radio today. The things that really stood out were that they aren’t paying the loan, only the interest. One of the Glazer kids just took out a loan against her shares in Utd. And that in the same time that 1 billion has been pumped into city, 1 billion has been taken out of united.

Marcelinho87

I am sick to the back teeth of the british media not having the guts to drag these Yankee leeches out. Why are they so scared to write anything remotely critical about them.
Keep pressuring them to:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...otball-news/man-utd-glazer-loan-news-16481111

A couple of verefied people have jumped on too and Phil Brown of course.

So what are we actually going to do? This chihuahua barking “#GlazersOut” is pathetic. We need bite. What’s it going to be?
It is a start. There is the protest outside OT on saturday and depending on how that goes more to come.

Thing is people in here complaining it ain't going to work, what do you actually suggest? Cause all I see is you moaning in here, which achieves less, no?

It takes 2 seconds to jump on the hashtag and the sponsors are already feeling it by banning supporters, which are potential customers, or were...?

I urge people to just do something, anything to add to the momentum.

Reddy Rederson

We’d have to stop going to matches, stop buying merch, and stop following Utd and it’s affiliates on social media. #hashtags are pointless in this situation.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I am not sure why we are complaining about Glazers.

In last 5 years our net spend is 550£ millions just few millions less than city and we were the second biggest spenders. If our managers made wrong decisions in the transfer market why we blame the owners? I never heard they are forcing any players on managers or bring in any -ve publicity to the club. They seem to be very quite bunch of brothers. We were very unfortunate that we picked LVG, Jose who past it.

If they spend very less or dont back the transfers I understand but its not the case so why all this hate?
They have blindly spend 'the club's' money with no investment, vision, improvement of facilities, or stadium.

Red_toad

I'm as keen as anyone to see these parasites removed from the club, but I think the fans also need to carry out a realistic campaign to find the best potential new owners out there. I'm not saying "better the devil you know" but having the wrong owner at this point could send the club in a downward spiral.

What I don't want to see is the Glazers being hounded out and just selling to the first bidder and then we end up potentially having some idiot like Mike Ashley taking over.

I'd also want us to avoid being the plaything of an oppressive regime like one of the Saudi Royal families.

I think that whilst I'd like the whole idea of a Supporters trust etc taking over I'm skeptical it would work in the UK given how the money is distributed from TV deals.

So who could we get / target for a more positive campaign where we ask them to get involved?

We want someone with a large amount of personal wealth so they are not going to want to feed off the club
Someone who doesn't have a massive personal ego that needs massaging
Someone who would respect the culture and traditions of the club
Someone who would have ambitions to make the club the biggest in the world again
Someone who would take a backseat on football matters and get footballing people making key decisions

Any other critieria? Any suggestions who would be right for us? Why don't we ask them to come in and look at United as a massive business opportunity rather than just focusing on the Glazers!
Club will go to the most beneficial sale option for the Glazer family. The fans won't need to campaign anything, as they do not own the club, nor do they have any say in whom purchases it. Best the fans can hope for is club gets relisted then they can all rush out and buy shares.
Oh and Ashley couldn't afford to do a leveraged buyout like the Glazers did, as they club wouldn't be able to operate with a 3 billion debt to service.

Johan07

That sounds absurdly high, is it really an accurate figure?
No, of course not. Its a false narrative as most other things this poster comes up with. The Glazers has taken a total of 60-65m of dividends from United in total since they took over the club and thats spread out over the last three years. Its not really bleeding the club is it?
The poster is including interest payments which is financing costs, nothing else. Its not taking money out of the club, its a way of financing the operative business. The alternative would have been for the Glazers to finance with equity which would be so much worse and would have given us much less money to spend on the footballing side of things.
One can mislike the LBO, thats fine, I didnt like it either, but thats on Cubic for accepting the proposal. The way the Glazers have run the club after that makes total financial sense though. This idea that the Glazers should just have paid of the clubs loans with their own money ASAP is so fecking stupid. It would have made things worse and less money available for the operative side of the business. Today United is in a great financial position and I dont get this obsession with what was 10-15 years ago, when things financially turned out very, very well.
I guess the incumbent thought in this type of reasoning is that the money spent on operative financing could have been spent on players and salaries instead. It would not have been under any owner due to the success we continued to have. It would have been gone in dividends instead. Especially if we had stayed a Plc.
I should not reply to threads like this because the sheer ignorance of some posters is laughable.

Johan07

Club will go to the most beneficial sale option for the Glazer family. The fans won't need to campaign anything, as they do not own the club, nor do they have any say in whom purchases it. Best the fans can hope for is club gets relisted then they can all rush out and buy shares.
Oh and Ashley couldn't afford to do a leveraged buyout like the Glazers did, as they club wouldn't be able to operate with a 3 billion debt to service.
Very true: But:
United has been listed on the NYSE for four years now (even if the Glazers just floated 10 percent of the shares) and I would ask that more fans do just that. Buy shares. Not to make money, but to keep them out from under the big investment funds. I have a very small symbolic shareholding as I know that other members here in the more reasonable threads here have. Its not difficult to purchase shares on the NYSE today if you live in Europe. Thats how MUST started once upon a time. Maybe that could happen again. And I dont mean the MUST of today.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Boycott the Chelsea game.

The only protest that might make people take notice.

Anything else is just utterly pointless.

I know I must sound like a broken record but all other protests are just irrelevant.

“Boycott Adidas or Chevrolet!” Ok then...

Saffron

Lets not pretend that FSG are some 'Red Knights' style ideal owners - they are here for profit and nothing else just like the Glazers.

They actually got the club on a cheap deal after the previous American owners failed miserably, were close to bankrupt and the banks essentially kicked them out - that is a warning about how things can go very wrong with clueless owners in charge.

The £110m spent on Anfield is a loan that they have already been repaying themselves on (with interest) and Liverpool are far from debt free.

FSG deserve some credit for making good decisions on recruitment and that is where the Glazers have failed massively - but lets not forget that, even in the postFergie era where we have been generally crap, we still won several trophies and until last month the Scousers had won absolutely nothing for the best part of a decade.
FSG’s American team are the reigning World Series champions. The Glazers’ American team haven’t won a playoff game in a decade and are perennial losers. Couple that with what we’ve seen with their respective ownerships of LFC and MUFC, I think it’s safe to conclude that FSG are much better owners from a sporting perspective.

I know it hurts. I hate Liverpool too. But when you’re behind, the first step to correcting it is admitting it. Not make excuses for the Glazers.

Wikipedia:

”In 2002, the Red Sox were sold by the Yawkey Trust to Fenway Sports Group. They had endured one of the longest championship droughts in baseball history, called by some the "Curse of the Bambino" after its alleged beginning with the Red Sox's sale of Babe Ruth to the rival Yankees in 1918, an 86-year wait before the team's sixth World Championship in 2004. Since 2003, the Red Sox have been perennial playoff contenders and have won four World Series, emerging as one of the most successful MLB teams of the last decade.

Last edited:

Marcelinho87

Boycott the Chelsea game.

The only protest that might make people take notice.

Anything else is just utterly pointless.

I know I must sound like a broken record but all other protests are just irrelevant.

“Boycott Adidas or Chevrolet!” Ok then...
Boycotting games doesn't work.

Mlily before banning someone on Twitter wrote "You think tickets pay for wages, lol" in their words

More than half of the PL clubs could turn a profit never having a stadium open, boycotting sponsors and merchandise is the best option, the only one.

clarkydaz

Mlily before banning someone on Twitter wrote "You think tickets pay for wages, lol" in their words

More than half of the PL clubs could turn a profit never having a stadium open, boycotting sponsors and merchandise is the best option, the only one.
A half empty stadium is not a good product

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

It damages the brand massively if sustained. Could be very for Glazers if orchestrated. They'd struggle massively with maintaining global appeal and sponsorship deals.

Brilad

Liverpool Fan
You can make a difference,bombard your sponsors,all of them constantly day in day out.
Crash there systems .
Same with the banks that credit them find out who they are are and bombard them with emails and calls .
This is a tactic that is Liverpool fans carried out under ill fated Hicks and Gillette era.
All over the world the fans caused chaos with this tactic ....it really worked and turned a lot of powerful companies and creditors against them.

Fluctuation0161

I find it embarrassing running with a fecking twitter trend as a means to get them to leave.

When you dig deeper and look at the information being used as a foundation for the basis of said protest much of it is lies and half truths at best.

As pointed out already by Infared its not "milking the club dry" as you put it. It accounts for 7% of the annual profit.

They have invested their own money as I pointed out already on a previous page. At the point of buying the club they did invest some of their own money / assets into the buyout. Yes the bulk was leveraged against the clubs earning ability I'm aware of that but its not true either to say as many do they haven't invested, cause they have.

They paid of the worst (high risk) PIK loans in 2010. Which in turn freed up profitability and in turn ability to invest in the team.
Depends what information you are talking about. Some of the specific examples you brought up earlier were minor points and did not detract from the undeniable anti Glazer argument.

By almost every metric they are terrible owners.

I don't believe we will challenge for the league again with them in charge. They inherited a strong team when they came in 2005 and they inherited the premierships greatest ever manager. They did not engineer our success with Ferguson, they leeched off it, and now the effects of Glazer ownership are visible.

Fluctuation0161

The Glazers are parasites, it's frankly odd that you have so much invested in defending them, are you some kind of neckbeard libertarian?

The debt already has damaged us, the PIK loans are a shady area of high risk finance due to the extortionate interest applied by the creditors.

You keep on bleating about "but the wuvvwy glazers used some of their OWN money to pay off the PIK loans" like we should be incredibly thankful for that, that they used some of their own cash at an opportune moment to keep the wolf from the door and protect their assets short term future.

Like all parasitic financial operations including hedge funds and private equity, of course they don't want the host organism to fail. If the host dies their ability to make money from the asset dies too. They invested in the team when it was too late, and they have made stupid decisions as per the running of a football club. The "earning ability" of the club, is fundamentally based upon its success on the field. They have been successful so far in increasing commercial revenues, but long term that won't continue if the team isn't winning. They have no interest in the club other than as a commercial entity, doubt they even like football.

You can bleat on about "leveraged buy outs happen all the time" blah blah but the fact is leveraged buy outs tend to be amongst the shady areas of financial practise that are frequently criticised for their anti social effects. Fans have got every right to complain about who the owners are and how they run the club. The fans are the lifeblood of the club, they provide the revenues, fans. If they don't like what's being delivered, or the fact their club was bough with high risk loans, or that the owners don't seem to know how to run a successful football team, then they have every right to complain. And no amount of neckbearding, libertarian, condescending sh*te is going to stop them. So your claptrap is in vain I'm afraid.
Fair comment.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
FSG’s American team are the reigning World Series champions. The Glazers’ American team haven’t won a playoff game in a decade and are perennial losers. Couple that with what we’ve seen with their respective ownerships of LFC and MUFC, I think it’s safe to conclude that FSG are much better owners from a sporting perspective.

I know it hurts. I hate Liverpool too. But when you’re behind, the first step to correcting it is admitting it. Not make excuses for the Glazers.

Wikipedia:

”In 2002, the Red Sox were sold by the Yawkey Trust to Fenway Sports Group. They had endured one of the longest championship droughts in baseball history, called by some the "Curse of the Bambino" after its alleged beginning with the Red Sox's sale of Babe Ruth to the rival Yankees in 1918, an 86-year wait before the team's sixth World Championship in 2004. Since 2003, the Red Sox have been perennial playoff contenders and have won four World Series, emerging as one of the most successful MLB teams of the last decade.
What their US teams are doing is of little interest to me, especially since they are different sports.
But it is useful to do a comparison of their ownership in England and I don't agree at all with your view that they are that much better. You made out they put their own money to improve Anfield which is simply not true, it's debt and loans just like the Glazers.

Of course they have made better decisions in recruitment recently and that's where the Glazers deserve criticism.

But if you really want to compare then the most important stat is to.look at what we have won since 2005 and even postFergie vs their record which was pitiful until a few weeks ago. Yes they were way ahead of us this season but that's just 1 year - if you are going to compare then at least do it properly rather than just focusing on the short term.

Last edited:

Tarrou

maybe the way to protest is to publicly boycott the brands that sponsor United

i dont think the Glazers give much of a feck about ticket sales, sponsors pulling out would be another matter though

Marcelinho87

maybe the way to protest is to publicly boycott the brands that sponsor United

i dont think the Glazers give much of a feck about ticket sales, sponsors pulling out would be another matter though
That is what is going on via Twitter, the sponsorts are getting drowned out and they don't like it.

Marcelinho87

What their US teams are doing is of little interest to me, especially since they are different sports.
But it is useful to do a comparison of their ownership in England and I don't agree at all with your view that they are that much better. You made out they put their own money to improve Anfield which is simply not true, it's debt and loans just like the Glazers.

Of course they have made better decisions in recruitment recently and that's where the Glazers deserve criticism.

But if you really want to compare then the most important stat is to.look at what we have won since 2005 and even postFergie vs their record which was pitiful until a few weeks ago. Yes they were way ahead of us this season but that's just 1 year - if you are going to compare then at least do it properly rather than just focusing on the short term.
Difference is our owners are not investing into anything with the debt and the loans, they are just paying tidbits of them off while pocketing the remains themselves.

If they paid some of the loan towards infrastructure etc people would be lessed pissed with them.