g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Gaming God of War: Ragnarok (PS4/PS5)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Give Me Balance. I basically spammed Runic attacks for every Berserker fight because I had decent cooldown and knew I could get all six off twice during a fight. Add that to the berserker resurrection stone and it's the only way I beat the king at the end.
This is such a solid tactic, it's what I've been using so far too

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Interesting. So, when you say 6 runic attacks are you talking light and heavy with axe, blades and spear in quick succession? Had no idea you could even do that. Thought cooldown was universal across them all.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Interesting. So, when you say 6 runic attacks are you talking light and heavy with axe, blades and spear in quick succession? Had no idea you could even do that. Thought cooldown was universal across them all.
Yep exactly that. Also whilst a runic attack is happening you can preemptively switch to the next weapon and it will auto change once the attack is over.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yep exactly that. Also whilst a runic attack is happening you can preemptively switch to the next weapon and it will auto change once the attack is over.
Sexy

Wow, you missed a huge trick then :lol:
Don't need it mate. I'm a Soulsborne vet. This is baby stuff for me. :smirk:

Joking aside I love my shield parry and have been levelling up that shield specifically for it.

Bebe

I'll be doing the last story mission tonight. Sad that it'll be coming to an end, but what an adventure its been. Glad this one lived up to the hype after Horizon, for me, was a mild disappointment

NM

I'll be doing the last story mission tonight. Sad that it'll be coming to an end, but what an adventure its been. Glad this one lived up to the hype after Horizon, for me, was a mild disappointment
I'm spending most of my time doing side quests.. They seem to be longer than the story!

Bebe

I'm spending most of my time doing side quests.. They seem to be longer than the story!
I've done quite a bit of the side content, but I'm determined to tear myself away from the Crater today because my two close gaming mates have both finished the story now and have patiently been waiting to discuss.

CloneMC16

Finally finished the game. It was awesome.

Odin being Tyr was a huge shock. Brok :(

We have Brok to thank for being able to win this war. He knew shit was up and forced Odin to reveal himself. Really enjoyed the final mission as well. My game crashed during the fight with Odin during the last part of the fight. Kinda sucked, but it is what it is. I love what they did with Kratos in this game. He's changed so much and it's great to see. Had me tearing up at the end when Atreus went off on his own.

One of my favourite parts of the game was killing Heimdall. He was basically like an anime villain. Killing him was so satisfying.

I'm surprised how they hid the large open world part of Vanaheim behind a side quest. Players that ignore the side content and only do the story won't see it. It's one of the best areas in the game.

Trying to complete the plat now, but it's going to be really hard to beat some of these end game bosses on Give Me God of War difficulty.

Whoever designed the Ormstunga side quest mini boss fight is awful.

Its acid moves and moveset are so cheap as it just blends with the enviroment.
I hated that fight so fecking much. It was complete bullshit. I hate all of the enemies that spit acid. The monkey enemies are the worst. They tend to be in huge groups, and the aggressive ones are extremely fast. You're trying to deal with them, while assholes are spitting acid at you outside of your FOV.

The narrow FOV is a big problem in this game. It makes many fights way harder than they should be. It's one of my few criticisms. I hope they patch in an FOV slider on PS5 at least.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Could never get into the first one. Need to give it another go at some point

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The
Heimdall
fight is fecking killing me. Cant land a single blow. Even when the R3 prompt comes up, the fecker ends up evading all the attacks. :mad:

use the spear

AaronRedDevil

Word of advice after you beat the game. Go to the Ravens area, there’s a new area unlocked after you finish the game. Cool moment there. Also Alfheim for another scene.

Gehrman

Word of advice after you beat the game. Go to the Ravens area, there’s a new area unlocked after you finish the game. Cool moment there. Also Alfheim for another scene.
Ravens area?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
@Solius how did you platinum in such short time?
I dunno. I did the story and side quests at the same time. So once I’d finished the story I only needed to get a couple berserker stones and missing bits. The last thing I needed for the plat was fully upgrading an armour set and with the amount of resources you have at the end it was easy.

Gehrman

Of course I am using that. The entire quest to get that was for this fight only :lol:
Hmm weird. I thought it was kinda easy once I switched to that but I played on normal difficulty.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He is using his sword to counter my throws.

Was late last night when i started this fight. Will try again today. Hopefully goes better.
He should catch it and then you press triangle to make it explode. I think pretty much after that point he’s hittable. You may need to parry him first but you can get a succession of hits in immediately afterwards.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You can throw it at his feet or anywhere near him really to the same effect. It's really not difficult.
Ah yeah that’s what I did. I basically made a line of them in front of me and when he crossed them, boom.

Bebe

Finished it the other night. I was a bit let down by the ending in a narrative sense, but it was a blast to play through in terms of gameplay and visuals.

9.5/10. And I think overall it just edges Elden Ring in my book for GOTY.

Ah yeah that’s what I did. I basically made a line of them in front of me and when he crossed them, boom.
Pretty much what I did as well.

saik

Didn't find the Heimdall fight as tough as some on here but found that side boss in Alfheim hard as feck. Gravel Belly I think. You need to search the desert for two keys to unlock this boss. I did that area as soon as Freya was our companion and I had to fight him more than 10 times. :lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Obviously I’m so far behind a lot of you guys, not had as much time as I’d have liked but …
… Nidhogg was one epic scene. Totally enjoyable and cinematic blunderbuss of a boss fight.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I think I’m at the section everyone says drags and yeah, it really drags. Why does the buffalo go so damn slow?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just started the Realms at War mission. Kind of scared to carry on. I don’t want Kratos to die. The story he told Atreus about the man carrying logs and growing tired and calling for death made me :(