Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Theo88

I thought the same. How is this commendable? "Fair play, this guy has shown he's not a bigot"
They probably asked him to express a view - coming from a guy like Soureness - a lad- might be food for thought for some of those bigots out there. Still, even when he tries to do good he sounds like a twat. I'm not gonna go into it, I'm only saying it feels forced. I could be wrong though I just dislike that person.

Is this how Roy Kean feels to Liverpool fans ?

Someone

Something
Won't judge him as a person but he was a terrible pundit. Not just because of his incredible bias to Liverpool, but he was just so lazy, just rehashed clichés and complete lack of understanding of modern football. Was painful watching him on talksport earlier this season, Simon made him look like a complete idiot none stop.

Loon

:lol:
Keys basically saying (via people he knows at Sky) he was fired for making the "Man's game" comment earlier in the season and his continued punditry would indicate he has not retired. Reckon's Martin Tyler could be in the firing line for his comments about Son (I don't know what he said).

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Yeah, actually to be fair that was a pretty good little speech and I think he meant it.
Not seen this before and surprised me (that he went to Pride). Gone up in my estimation. When he was good with his punditry, he was actually usually sport on. When he was bad, we might have well been listening to Donald Duck!

pascell

Keys basically saying (via people he knows at Sky) he was fired for making the "Man's game" comment earlier in the season and his continued punditry would indicate he has not retired. Reckon's Martin Tyler could be in the firing line for his comments about Son (I don't know what he said).
He likened a tackle Son made to martial arts if I remember right.

Withnail

I'd take that with a large dose of salt. Keys is a self-serving twat who loves to peddle a conspiracy theory, especially if it helps his hard-done-by narrative.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'd take that with a large dose of salt. Keys is a self-serving twat who loves to peddle a conspiracy theory, especially if it helps his hard-done-by narrative.
How Keys feels hard done by is hilarious. Clips of him making horrible cringe worthy comments, "did you smash it?", "bet you were hanging out the back of it" and suchlike.

Man should be absolutely embarrassed.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sky Sports forced to apologise for Graeme Souness' racist comments
Souness labelled Lamela's behaviour at half-time on the Sky Sports show as "pathetic" and "very Latin"

Never forget.

Brophs

The One and Only
How Keys feels hard done by is hilarious. Clips of him making horrible cringe worthy comments, "did you smash it?", "bet you were hanging out the back of it" and suchlike.

Man should be absolutely embarrassed.
Wasn’t he shagging his daughter’s friend while his wife had cancer? I don’t think shame is one of his two emotions.

BigRon1985

Pure class from Souness on BBC 1 Breakfast this morning - completely changed my opinion on him as a person.

A very moving watch on iPlayer if anyone missed it.........

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
His combined United/dippers XI the other day just confirmes what a biased and deluded scouse cnut he is.

Walter Sobchak

It's nice being reminded that some things are bigger than football, even if it's Souness doing the reminding.

In all seriousness, hats off to him. Outside of punditry he seems like a decent bloke, pretty progressive too.

Mike Smalling

I'd say it's extremely impressive.

To be honest, shite footballing takes aside, Souness seems like a fairly good bloke.
Yeah, I remember him talking about homophobia during his playing days and how he had learned a lot by attending some pride events. He's definitely not all bad.

Loon

:lol:
I shall put aside all cynicism at the timing of his charitable effort following his departure from Sky…

Mike Smalling

I think it's just good PR tbh.
Meh. Generally speaking, if we want to move forward we can't be that negative and cynical towards the people that might be a bit late to the party or whatever. In my opinion, he's done a positive thing by speaking openly about it on television - he might even have moved a few people his own age a bit. No reason to take a shit on that.

Walter Sobchak

I'm also beginning to lean towards the view that I don't really care anymore why someone donates to charity or speaks up for marginalised groups or against wrongdoings. I used to care more about peoples motivations but I just don't think it matters that much, it's the act that makes the difference in my opinion.

Obviously there are extreme exceptions to every rule so let's not get into them.

BerryBerryShrew

I mean it was like 2018, not 2008, he's a bit late to the party.
Eh? Souness was best friends with the very openly gay Dale Winton for decades before that.

The first black player for Liverpool (Howard Gayle) noted in his autobiography that he suffered racist abuse from his own teammates with the notable exception of... Graeme Souness, who defended him to the hilt.

Souey may be a bitter Scouse bastard, but he was sticking up for minorities back when racism and homophobia were considered the norm. He'd be cool if he wasn't a Scouser.

OL29

Eh? Souness was best friends with the very openly gay Dale Winton for decades before that.

The first black player for Liverpool (Howard Gayle) noted in his autobiography that he suffered racist abuse from his own teammates with the notable exception of... Graeme Souness, who defended him to the hilt.

Souey may be a bitter Scouse bastard, but he was sticking up for minorities back when racism and homophobia were considered the norm. He'd be cool if he wasn't a Scouser.
I think that’s overselling it a bit.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Are people actually giving him a hard time for swimming the channel at the age of 70 for charity? What are you like?

Paul_Pogba

I shall put aside all cynicism at the timing of his charitable effort following his departure from Sky…
I talked about this charity work earlier in the thread. He's been working with Debra for years without much noise. As someone that suffers from EB and has worked with Debra, this TV appearance was a genius move because the charity had been trying hard to get info about the condition out but always failed. It seems to have finally got the message across.