Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

IRN-BRUno

He does seem to come across as a decent bloke away from football. Wasn't aware of this condition myself so I'd say it's definitely helping to raise awareness. Good luck to him for the swim, hopefully he raises plenty of money.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's more handsome than even most 70 year old movie stars are.

Glad to see him away from the punditry though.
Odd character who is as disliked by United and Liverpool fans which takes some doing.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Just tell Pogba to stay away from wherever he's swimming. We don't want him to boil the water.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Some in this thread are viewing it very cynically and suggesting he is only doing it to improve his own brand
They did? Where? I saw one sarcastic post, that then talked about brushing his teeth being PR, that poster was clearly being tongue in cheek. Did I miss others?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
They did? Where? I saw one sarcastic post, that then talked about brushing his teeth being PR, that poster was clearly being tongue in cheek. Did I miss others?
I shall put aside all cynicism at the timing of his charitable effort following his departure from Sky…
I don't like him so I'm sure everything he does is done with some form of malice. Even brushing his teeth is suspect. Why would he do it for anything but self-gain??

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Fair play to him, the git. He comes across as a genuinely nice person, the fecking twat that he is.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Sarcasm aside, good luck to the guy. It's admirable for anybody to do that for charity.

I also think he's not serious with much of his punditry and plays up to the bad wolf image. I think that of most of Talksport's regulars though.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Some of his opinions were obviously very wrong but he seems like a sensitive guy who cares about people and I think that’s more important than any of his football opinions.

It is also commendable coming from the era he did. I think It’s a fantastic trait to be able to be introspective and experience real self-growth. A lot of people never do.

Swimming the channel at 70 having had a triple bypass is phenomenal. Hats off to him.

Loon

:lol:
Are people actually giving him a hard time for swimming the channel at the age of 70 for charity? What are you like?
I don’t think anyone is giving him a hard time over doing something for charity. It just also cannot be denied it happens to be a positive bit of publicity for him after a nightmare few weeks.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I don’t think anyone is giving him a hard time over doing something for charity. It just also cannot be denied it happens to be a positive bit of publicity for him after a nightmare few weeks.
What are you suggesting with this then?

Loon

:lol:
What are you suggesting with this then?
Blimey. I’m not suggesting anything, I’m being pretty explicit. After being tarred with a brush the last couple of weeks, this wonderful act has improved his standing with people, including on here. What are you not getting?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Who gives a shit if you like his punditry or not? He seems a genuinely decent bloke. His reaction to the Zouma cat gate, his honest outlook on pride, charity work etc. He's far more relatable person than many realise. Yeah he hates United but he's an ex Liverpool player. I'm a fan of him.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
Blimey. I’m not suggesting anything, I’m being pretty explicit. After being tarred with a brush the last couple of weeks, this wonderful act has improved his standing with people, including on here. What are you not getting?
I think it's more that you're suggesting he purposely decided to swim the channel for charity, in an effort to get some positive PR. Personally, I don't think that that's the case, its more that he now has time on his hands to dedicate to training and fundraising. At 70, I'd like to think that most people are past caring what others think.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Legend and an actual hardman. He was spot on about the fraud that Pogba was.