Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The best thing about GTA was always the feckery you could induce rather than the actual storyline which was always brilliant in it's own right.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Seeing as they are cutting back on an A-List cast they should at least have a good fecking soundtrack this time around.
I don't think GTA4 had a big name cast but that still had a crap soundtrack. Hopefully they've paid attention to the criticism though.

mufcwarm92

GTA IV took all the progress made by Vice City (dialogue, characters, soundtrack) and San Andreas (map size, variety of terrain and general gameplay features) and chucked them aside to make way for a graphics fest. Which is fine for some, except IV's graphics looked like someone took a picture of New York and put "sepia tone" on it in photoshop.

The characters were boring, the map was bland, the soundtrack was the least exciting since GTA III, the multiplayer was inferior to SA-MP (an unofficial mod which is still more active than IV's.) I'm staying skeptical because IV was such a let down.
Couldn't disagree more with that. I thought it had probably the best story yet on GTA (VC and SA had brilliant stories too), some brilliant characters and far superior shooting mechanics than San Andreas. Only things I was disappointed about were soundtrack and map size but neither are hugely important for me in comparison to the other improvements.

Loved that game and am really quite worryingly excited for this one.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
GTA IV took all the progress made by Vice City (dialogue, characters, soundtrack) and San Andreas (map size, variety of terrain and general gameplay features) and chucked them aside to make way for a graphics fest. Which is fine for some, except IV's graphics looked like someone took a picture of New York and put "sepia tone" on it in photoshop.

The characters were boring, the map was bland, the soundtrack was the least exciting since GTA III, the multiplayer was inferior to SA-MP (an unofficial mod which is still more active than IV's.) I'm staying skeptical because IV was such a let down.
It was far from a graphics fest. I don't see what was wrong with the story at all. It was probably the best within the whole series and avoided a lot of the cliches that SA hit, as well as the mundane, boring main character in CJ. Niko was a memorable character who you could understand. CJ was just a gangster who ran around killing people for me. No depth at all.

You had to play the DLC's until you could fully appreciate the story and how all of them tied into each other. They really created a vast criminal world in IV and kind of created that breathing, living city. SA was a ridiculously fun game but didn't really have a lot of that. Obviously they all came out at different times, but IV took the series to a whole new level which sets it apart from something like Saints Row.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I didn't think the story was bad or anything... though I wouldn't say it's as good as the story in Vice City (it didn't have a character called Lance Vance for a start!)

That game needs to get on the PS3 Store sooner rather then later...

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I think GTA IV was awesome in it's own ways. Different than SA, yes, and that can annoy some people, but for me it was a far superior game in many ways.

And looking at the little information we have about this game it seems they are taking the best of both worlds, with a realistic feel and characters with some emotional depth from IV and apparently some more wacky action of the kind we had in San Andreas and made a partial return in The Balad of Gay Tony.

Regarding the 3 playable characters I can only think it will be awesome. I loved experiencing Liberty City in three distinct feels and characters. Doing it simultaneously with all 3? It can only be better. I'd have my doubts if this was some rookie team or one exclusively focused in making money. But it's Rockstar and they never disappointed me.

The time and care put into this franchise for every game, or some iterations like RDR and Bully, makes their games worth every penny. And seem extremely cheap when compared with the yearly rehashes of games like FIFA or Moden Warfare.

And yet some people are afraid that they are trying something new? They wouldn't dare try it if they weren't going to do it right. Too much at stake, they invest heavily into each of these games. It's not like they can shrug their shoulders and make a GTA2014 to cash in it.

Also, don't know if this was discussed at the time but it's possible that Vice City and San Andreas will have a PS3 release. I would gladly give it a try.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/gta-san-andreas-rated-for-ps3-6399044

Count Orduck

Not all necessarily A list but Samuel L Jackson, Ricky Gervais, Jenna Jameson, Axel Rose, Ice T, Burt Reynolds have all been in GTA. In fact, they're all pretty much A list.
Not sure Jenna Jameson is A-List. Anal list maybe :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not all necessarily A list but Samuel L Jackson, Ricky Gervais, Jenna Jameson, Axel Rose, Ice T, Burt Reynolds have all been in GTA. In fact, they're all pretty much A list.
Are you serious? I never knew this!

Okay, I obviously remember Ricky Gervais in it but don't remember other celebs at all.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You must remember SLJ. He was Officer Tenpenny in SA.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
James Woods as Toreno was cool as well.

Pscholes18

Trailer looks mint. Thought I was watching a trailer for a movie. Graphics look great, enjoyed the comedic lines as well. I really like the way they have incorporated the trains in the game, very nice. Can't wait.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
I hope they don't go too far with the social situations and focus on the gameplay, trailer looks like a soap opera

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm hearing that the PC version has been confirmed too but does anyone know if the info is legit or not ? This game on a powerfully enough pc will be a thing of fecking beauty

kietotheworld

I'm hearing that the PC version has been confirmed too but does anyone know if the info is legit or not ? This game on a powerfully enough pc will be a thing of fecking beauty
PC version isn't confirmed.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Just go and buy a console, kouroux.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
@ kieto: thanks for the info
@Sarni: I want it to be the last possible resort.I mean I can be patient if the game is release 7-8 months after the console release.I can wait for it but if there is no other solution, I will try to buy the console.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
@ kieto: thanks for the info
@Sarni: I want it to be the last possible resort.I mean I can be patient if the game is release 7-8 months after the console release.I can wait for it but if there is no other solution, I will try to buy the console.
Why? At least you'll have no trouble with running it smoothly and you'll be sure to get it the first minute it comes out (a delay for PC is basically certain like in all previous Rockstar games). Consoles aren't really expensive these days.