Gaming Grand Theft Auto VI

Abizzz

How so? There’s over 90 videos and all seem like Rockstar’s style. Also confirms small details that have been rumoured before. There’s things in the background that are known from previous GTA games plus dev names in the data.

If it’s fake then the people who did it have gone to lengths to make an actual game which looks just as good. Which is… pointless. Occam’s Razor.
To me it looks like some mod / reskin of GTA V. If it is GTA VI why use 20 year old police cars? Why use cars that already existed in the release version of GTA V like the camino one? People have had 5 years to fake this... I not saying I know that it's a fake, just that I'm not convinced that it's real.

Also why would they be testing this on a gtx1080 in 2022?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
To me it looks like some mod / reskin of GTA V. If it is GTA VI why use 20 year old police cars? Why use cars that already existed in the release version of GTA V like the camino one? People have had 5 years to fake this... I not saying I know that it's a fake, just that I'm not convinced that it's real.

But there’s things in it you can’t do in GTA V. Plus the modelled characters that match up with GTA 6. It’s got to be real. This looks like a very early build so they’ve likely built on top of the previous game. There’s loads of things without textures yet that they’ll likely update.

If someone has ‘modded’ new rag doll physics, areas, new main characters, switching system between the two, etc.. then they should probably make their own game.

dove

Game was obviously in very early stages when those videos were made and the recordings can be a couple years old or so. There is no way it's fake considering how many different internal dev tools/info it contains.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

There’s leaks with rockstar employee names in the data. Using old cars is what they’ve done before, it’s just testing.

GtaForums think it’s real and they usually debunk everything swiftly

b82REZ

Allegedly the footage is from 2019, from a very early alpha build

Abizzz

Hmm I guess we will see by R* reaction to this. It would be nice if these leaks were 3 years old because that would mean we're 3 years closer to releases.

Woodzy

The reality now is probably that Rockstar quickly put together some more polished footage to put out the to the public along with some details to try and make these leaks quickly a thing of the past.

Probably going to be months sooner than they planned to show anything at all, and who knows if they have anything even worth showing yet.

gormless

The reality now is probably that Rockstar quickly put together some more polished footage to put out the to the public along with some details to try and make these leaks quickly a thing of the past.

Probably going to be months sooner than they planned to show anything at all, and who knows if they have anything even worth showing yet.

A polished trailer soon would send hype to unreal levels.

I suppose they've just got to be grateful they didn't get TLOU2'd.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Why would they bother doing that? It’s not like this leak is going to put people off buying it when it’s ready. Whether they put a trailer out now or in two years when the game is ready to release will make no difference.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They'll raise prices in GTA Online out of spite!

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Must be annoying for Rockstar to have a big leak, they'll be pressed to release footage at e3 next year now

hobbers

Quite like a bonnie and clyde style duo, especially if it means online coop.

Probably wont though.

Castia

He’s been in touch with R* there’s leaked screenshots of the conversation on Era. Claims he’s got gta 5 and 6 source code which would be a complete disaster for them.

The guy is apparently claiming to be behind the recent Uber hack as well which was done in exactly the same way as this through ‘slack’

gormless

He’s been in touch with R* there’s leaked screenshots of the conversation on Era. Claims he’s got gta 5 and 6 source code which would be a complete disaster for them.

The guy is apparently claiming to be behind the recent Uber hack as well which was done in exactly the same way as this through ‘slack’
What is era? Would be interested in having a read

SuperiorXI

Why wouldn't they? A lot of people are using 1080 or even older GPUs.
It's logical to use popular hardware when testing a build of a AAA game. No point in releasing something that's only playable on the latest tech. Makes sense that they're testing with the 1080.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
The GTA Forums thread is no longer visible. Lots of YT videos removed.

MiceOnMeth

That is very optimistic. Don’t expect it until 2027 IMO.
14 years between GTA releases would be insane
It's logical to use popular hardware when testing a build of a AAA game. No point in releasing something that's only playable on the latest tech. Makes sense that they're testing with the 1080.
I haven't checked recently but the GTX 1060 was still the most used GPU on steam a few years ago with a much smaller percentage of people using the latest tech like a 3080 so it makes sense they'd be testing on a 1080. Maybe the 1080 will be the minimum required GPU to run GTA6.

LARulz

I just want a good offline/single player mode. I really don't want it to be one you have to play online etc.

Also, maybe it's just me but I really hoped it would be somewhere different than a modern Vice City

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Am I crazy or all those videos look like new characters just plopped into GTA V? The world design looks really generic.
Animations look different to GTA V, which I would imagine is much harder thing to do than design (eg. cars, building, people etc - this can just be loaded). Also, dialogue is very good, seems like a rather difficult thing to do to mimic Rocstar way.
I believe fake leaks do it actually the opposite way.

Like someone said in this thread already, if this is a fake then whoever did this should probably make their own game.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
14 years between GTA releases would be insane

I haven't checked recently but the GTX 1060 was still the most used GPU on steam a few years ago with a much smaller percentage of people using the latest tech like a 3080 so it makes sense they'd be testing on a 1080. Maybe the 1080 will be the minimum required GPU to run GTA6.
Pretty much still the case but not quite as dominant as before. Either way the percentage of cards with a similar or lower power to a 1080 is way higher than to above it.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I just want a good offline/single player mode. I really don't want it to be one you have to play online etc.

Also, maybe it's just me but I really hoped it would be somewhere different than a modern Vice City
Maybe that's because this Vice City location seems to be quite popular amongst fans?
Truth be told there's only one way from Los Santos and that's down.

Any signals about VR display?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Maybe that's because this Vice City location seems to be quite popular amongst fans?
Truth be told there's only one way from Los Santos and that's down.

Any signals about VR display?
I think that would be my dream game!

Ainu

Indeed, I actually think they should just choose a location that suits VR game most and then focus on it instead of spending too much time on other revolutionary ideas.
Why would Rockstar base their design choices on a platform that's still extremely niche? GTA is pretty much the polar opposite of niche.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I wouldn’t be surprised if VR was perhaps in the works. Maybe not for launch of the game, but for a future update.

When they added 1st person view in GTAV, they did it in an extremely comprehensive manner.I read an interview where they outlined all the challenges they faced and how they went down a much more difficult path then they could have done to ensure the mode was as strong as it was.

R* have always created incredible worlds to explore. To be able to be fully immersed in these worlds in the way that only VR can truly do, would be absolutely amazing.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Why would Rockstar base their design choices on a platform that's still extremely niche? GTA is pretty much the polar opposite of niche.
I certainly don't expect them to do so, because that would cost more money and they are to hit the selling records anyway. I just wish to play GTA in VR mode.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I certainly don't expect them to do so, because that would cost more money and they are to hit the selling records anyway. I just wish to play GTA in VR mode.
Just sit really close to the screen.

Abizzz

Why wouldn't they? A lot of people are using 1080 or even older GPUs.
Because by the time GTA6 is released it will be ancient. Even the most positive people aren't expecting this before 2025 right? And 27 more likely... At which point it will be 8 to 10 years old. Developers always want the newest tech for a reason...
(It does make sense if some of the footage is from 2019).