Group F (Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea)

Puritanica

Supports
Ubon UMT
He did so via an interview, hours before die Mannschaft might get eliminated in group stages. I think he means it.
you are literally the only person in the world using the term "die Mannschaft" regularly.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Can you translate the key? Is the dark green 2nd place and light green first?
Ah sorry. Dark green is 1st, light green 2nd (orange 3d, red 4th). The light green boxes around the bicolored circles indicate possible fairplay decision/drawing lots.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Seems exactly 50-50 between qualifying and not qualifying from that picture.

Come on! Just under 3 hours left! Hope we finally put in a great performance, still unsure because I haven't seen one match of S.Korea to judge them.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Seems exactly 50-50 between qualifying and not qualifying from that picture.
Only if you assume that every result has the same probability. To me results that favour Germany seem far more likely than Germany and/or Mexico losing.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Only if you assume that every result has the same probability. To me results that favour Germany seem far more likely than Germany and/or Mexico losing.
1:0 and 2:1 are very probable and very dangerous for Germany.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
1:0 and 2:1 are very probable and very dangerous for Germany.
The most likely result will be Germany and Mexico both winning their matches. Either Germany winning 1:0 or Sweden 2:1wouldn't be a miracle, but that doesn't mean it's likely, let alone both happening at the same time which is like "semi-likely outcome x unlikely outcome". A certain betting service gives you 103.5:1 for that to happen, just to put that into numbers.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
So Germany need to win by at least 2 goals to guarantee a place in the knockout? If Germany draw (god forbid), and Sweden draw as well, who goes through? Germany or Sweden?

Edit: I assume it will be Germany due to the better goal difference although this depends whether it is a high scoring or low scoring draw in either matches.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So Germany need to win by at least 2 goals to guarantee a place in the knockout? If Germany draw (god forbid), and Sweden draw as well, who goes through? Germany or Sweden?

Edit: I assume it will be Germany due to the better goal difference although this depends whether it is a high scoring or low scoring draw in either matches.
Sweden would need to outscore Germany if both matches end as a draw.

robbie81

Supports
Chelsea
Grindel - our much beloved DFB president - apparently already gave Löw a job guarantee even if things go sideways today. :wenger:
Will see if that's stays, Löw has finally run out of luck it seems. Team played like they did under Völler.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minimalist

Was expecting to see that the Korean goalkeeper was already playing in Europe. Expect he'll be getting a few calls soon.

Hamzah

Germany and Saudi Arabia finish World Cup with the same amount of points :lol:
I’ve been trying to get one over the wife (who’s German) since they gave us that 8-0 drubbing

el3mel

Disastrous campaign for Germany. Can't imagine it going that easily for them. Low will get the sack and they'll change loads of things.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think the questionable striker (I don't rate Werner as much as many) situation and god knows what is going on at the fullbacks will make far more of a difference than whether or not the 3rd choice left winger was included in the squad.
Said it before the tournament started ... Werner and the fullbacks were huge problems and basically let Germany down.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Sweden top if the group :D

Low should do the decent thing and resign, absolutely appalling performances. It's like the players had no clue what to do. They should go for Klopp :)

Ban

Thought Low was strange first time I saw he and his assistant dress the same. Not to mention sniffing of his balls and picking his nose.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Thought Low was strange first time I saw he and his assistant dress the same. Not to mention sniffing of his balls and picking his nose.
This coming from a fan who had Slaven Bilic and Miroslav Blazevic as NT manager? :lol:

ROFLUTION

I have some sort of weird feeling that Sweden will top this group.

Germany has looked very anonymous the last couple of games I've watched them. Sweden plays more as a collective and have confidence in carving results out like against Italy.

Not convinced by the Werner setup at all. Sané is the 'make it happen' guy, but the german team doesn't look as much as a unit the last times I've seen them play.
Ego-bumping my own post here from a month before the World Cup :D:D:D

Gasolin

I am so pissed off South Korea didn't beat Sweden in day 1, Sweden was not even that good, and they let them die like that... and even this Mexico game, it drives me mad. But I am super glad Germany is out, that's good for France.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Dont think Germany will do that great tbh. You cant have as little pace in the squad as they do. I get the whole they dont play with classic singers thing.... but not having the option at all on the bench is wrong. Having the change of pace option to come in, regardless of how he played for the national team in the past, couldve been hugely important.

There will come a game this tournament where Germany will be crying out for some pace and proper width, and now he wont have Sane to bring in. And itll cost them imo.
Don't mean to toot my own horn but... I did call it! Though nobody predicted them falling out of the group stage, even if they were struggling before the world cup. You'd still have expected them to go through, I just thought they'd struggle against the first "big" side they came across. Turns out they struggled against every single team and had the lead for less then a minute in this world cup.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I am so pissed off South Korea didn't beat Sweden in day 1, Sweden was not even that good, and they let them die like that... and even this Mexico game, it drives me mad. But I am super glad Germany is out, that's good for France.
Same :(