Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Has serious energy. Could be an attacking threat down that side.

Sid234

Better than the last game and he's getting better with experience.. He and CBJ were our best players tonight

Ibi Dreams

Great determination from him and he looks good on the ball for sure.

Timdbro

He doesn't look out of place at all, not sure why we've been so reluctant to throw him in there until now.

m1y2

hes like young Rafa, tenacious aggressive tackler good with the ball at his feet and prone to be found out out of position at times but if he plays he will iron that out and be a good player IMO, just needs time and trust and of course stay injury free unlike some one..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Impressed with him today. Far better then playing McNair/Young at right back. Offers more going forward then Darmian as well.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
hes like young Rafa, tenacious aggressive tackler good with the ball at his feet and prone to be found out out of position at times but if he plays he will iron that out and be a good player IMO, just needs time and trust and of course stay injury free unlike some one..
He seems to be a little stronger and have better defensive qualities than Rafa to be honest. Very impressed by him.

Maldini's Hair

To echo the sentiments of a fair few of you, I thought he was the best thing about tonight. Nailed on to play at the weekend.

nemanja15

He did have a much better second half and I don't remember him being caught out positionally again, so fair play to him for rectifying that. Seems strong in the tackle and to have a good engine. Him and CBJ at least emerge with some credit tonight.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Did pretty well. It is more than a bit odd he has not been involved before.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Also looks a bit like Messi. So must be good.

Acole9

Outstanding
Man of the match for me, easily our best player tonight. He didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Gerald G

I thought he was probably our best player. He was great in the second half too and seems to currently be ahead of Young.

stu_1992

He's looking solid. Definitely give him more chances in the future, he's earned it. Injuries look like they will force it to happen anyway, but I think he should get chances on merit.

Sid234

He doesn't look out of place at all, not sure why we've been so reluctant to throw him in there until now.
He's not physically at the level he should be for the PL and needs to work on his positioning. Great attacking fullback, but not the best defensively. Van Gaal likes his fullbacks to know to defend first and attack second.

Hope he gets to keep his place in the 1st team, like CBJ. Really stood out in the 2nd half

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's a good shout, I hadn't noticed before but that photo could easily be messi :drool:

I thought he was fantastic tonight, showed real desire and energy, and most of all was brave enough to take the ball and attack, he rarely passed backwards which was great. Defensively got caught out once or twice but he was up against schurrle, definitely a step or two above who he usually plays against in the u21s.

Overall I think now with darmian injured he more than deserves a chance there, just will be interesting to see how he handles a different aerial threat against Bournemouth.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
His similarities to Rafael explain that imo. If van Gaal didn't like Rafael's style of play then he wouldn't favour Varela either. Injuries have forced his hand though Varela has done well to change his mind. We'll have to see how it goes for him in the future but he really isn't a van Gaal type of player.

NK86

Any idea how long is Smalling out for? To play him on even after his injury was extremely short sighted of VG.

ants7

Any idea how long is Smalling out for? To play him on even after his injury was extremely short sighted of VG.
LVG did not know the length of his injury but said that the one's who got injured today will probably not going to make it for the Saturday's match.

NK86

LVG did not know the length of his injury but said that the one's who got injured today will probably not going to make it for the Saturday's match.
If it is only the one match, it is still not the worst situation.

Oddboy

Seemed extremely exposed in the air, but that's not to say he didn't have a good game. I was impressed with him in the 2nd half.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
It was nice to see a fullback carry the ball out of defence with confidence. We've not seen that since Shaw was injured.

I'd have him in at right back for now, he looks eager to prove himself. No doubt that he will make mistakes but we will have to be patient. Darmian actually seems to be better on the left so it could work out quite well.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He's not physically at the level he should be for the PL and needs to work on his positioning. Great attacking fullback, but not the best defensively. Van Gaal likes his fullbacks to know to defend first and attack second.

Hope he gets to keep his place in the 1st team, like CBJ. Really stood out in the 2nd half
He's fine physically. Stronger than he looks and he doesn't really look that slight to begin with, which, combined with his wonderful natural aggression, means that he's not likely to get bullied anytime soon. His positioning can at times leave a little something to be desired but hopefully that could be sorted through experience.

RedPnutz

Because if we did and he happened to have a less than stellar first game, the fans will moaning about LVG's tactics or accusing why spend money Darmian if you were going to play Varela.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Premier League-based fans pay way too much attention to this 'bulking up' notion. You can appear to be skinny but if you have the low center of gravity and/or wide skeletal structure you will be a tough guy to bully. Then there's always mental side that is equally important to use it. Look at Memphis, looks like a tank and would be bullied by a fecking skeleton.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
he must have something, if Real wanted to sign him permanently. All the Spanish journos say Zidane is a big fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.