Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole90+3

I'd be interested to see him playing RW
He's got the build of an attacking FB in my opinion.

Can see him performing much like Evra did when played further forward as the main attacking threat on his side - very ineffective.

I think it's his bursting overlaps and whipping crosses - which when played at full back, you tend to have much more time and space to deliver - are his most effective and useful traits going forward.

SoCross

He's got the build of an attacking FB in my opinion.

Can see him performing much like Evra did when played further forward as the main attacking threat on his side - very ineffective.

I think it's his bursting overlaps and whipping crosses - which when played at full back, you tend to have much more time and space to deliver - are his most effective and useful traits going forward.
Agreed. Think he's more effective when he has space to run into.

SSSSnake

Much better crossing then Darmian and he seems to have a good engine. Against Arsenal he was up and down that wing for the full 90 and even in the last few minutes showed no signs of tiring. Loving the progress with our youngsters. It's made the second half of the season more bearable.

December_16

His face reminds me a bit of Brendan Dassey.

On a more serious note, why did it take us so long to give him a chance if he's this bloody good? Even Real didn't find his prospects at all interesting? I wonder what happened.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Van Gaal said Darmian should be able to play tomorrow. It'd be idiotic to drop Varela.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Van Gaal said Darmian should be able to play tomorrow. It'd be idiotic to drop Varela.
Darmo might well play at LB. Rojo probably out, Darmo could be preferred to CBJ.

Agree Varela should not be dropped, was terrific in last two games.

roykeane19

Been very impressed with him, from the fist time I seen him playing, he has that aggressiveness, desire, and will to win, against midgetland, he made runs at times from the middle of the park, and on left, just to bring the ball to the box

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Darmo might well play at LB. Rojo probably out, Darmo could be preferred to CBJ.

Agree Varela should not be dropped, was terrific in last two games.
Yeah, Darmian is a good option for the left back position right now. He also showed more attacking intent before suffering another injury, so I'd be curious to see him link up with Memphis.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Darmian has disappointed me. He was underwhelming in attack but he started off as this slick and smooth type of graceful Italian defender who nobody could get past, so nobody cared. After PSV away he's started to make quite a few mistakes and if his defending fails him there's not much left.

Keep Varela as a starter and see what he's about long term.

NotQuiteManc

Darmian could probably start at CB no one knows, but most probably at LB if Varela stays at RB for the next game. Carrick probably couldn't and shouldn't be starting every week, let alone few days in between two games. Not because he is useless but fitness wise.

suheilsworld

I too hope he does not get dropped but we also have to think from a point of view that he needs rest too. He has played 90 mins of the last 3 games in 10 days. Plus with 6 games in the next 18 days means we will have to rotate and rest our full backs. Just hope Love is not injured for long and we can use him too.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I too hope he does not get dropped but we also have to think from a point of view that he needs rest too. He has played 90 mins of the last 3 games in 10 days. Plus with 6 games in the next 18 days means we will have to rotate and rest our full backs. Just hope Love is not injured for long and we can use him too.
Darmian and Valencia are back so we shouldn't really need Love.

December_16

Plus McNair can also play RB if necessary. I actually think he should play there before Darmian and Valencia. Match fitness/match rhythm is more important methinks.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think he needs to start against Watford. Both him and Rashford both are high on confidence and it wont be right to bench them. Its a home game and against a lesser opposition. So start them both.

khoazany

Darmian should fight for his place.Performance-wise currently he should be below Varela for RB and below everyone and his dogs for LB position.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Hope he isn't dropped for tonight, would be really disappointing and daft.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hope he isn't dropped for tonight, would be really disappointing and daft.
If Martial is back it would be sensible to not play Rashford for a third time in under a week. To call that daft is myopic. He's still a kid and should be protected as such.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
If Martial is back it would be sensible to not play Rashford for a third time in under a week. To call that daft is myopic. He's still a kid and should be protected as such.
:lol:

Wrong thread?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This is the sort of game Varela should be getting under his belt, home game against Watford. Bring Darmian back for West Brom away and Liverpool away, but Varela should lets lots of attacking opportunities tonight. Let him run at them.

I'm not sold on him as a pure defender yet, as his positioning is very poor, but when we have the ball, he is awesome to watch. South American attacking fullback still being a distance off mastering the art of defending is par for the course though.

Devil may care

The whole back 4 was wobbly in the first half but I thought he was really good in the second, made some important tackles and brought the ball out well.

settembrini

I thought he was outstanding second half. His energy levels are insane, imagine him and Shaw rampaging up and down the flanks non-stop for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.