Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan11

He's soon to be 23 and has hardly played on a level higher than Segunda B.Sensible decision.
I remember saying Lingard was 23 and yet you defended him.

Giving the excuse that he's a late developer.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
It's good for him,really, With every fullback at your club out injured and you're still being passed over as a youngster you know it's time to move on ASAP.

khoazany

I remember saying Lingard was 23 and yet you defended him.

Giving the excuse that he's a late developer.
I do think Varela will come good and he actually has the excuse of coming from a totally different environment and wasted a year trying to adapt to British football but I don't think he's fit with the PL either way.Small,offensive-oriented,technically good but might be positional suspected and weak physically is hardly a description for a PL fullback.

Anyway my point was about "his" decision not whether he's good enough or not if you read the other posts carefully.

Silverman

Was Zidane not saying he was a brilliant player and Real wanted him or something last season?

RedRover

I'm talking about the decision from his camp.He clearly wanted to leave since the start of this season and we were holding him back because we might need him on some occasions.LVG obviously didn't like to see him leave but sometimes the player can push for the move and the manager has no choice.
He has every choice if the player is under contract and we are desperately light in the position in which he plays.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Was Zidane not saying he was a brilliant player and Real wanted him or something last season?
He looks like a good player from what I have seen, but for him he needs regular first team football and he is not getting it here. Sign of the times at United lately tbh

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
And he must be annoyed at watching the far less talented Jesse Lingard getting games ahead of him.
How exactly is Lingard far less talented than Varela? Complete tripe. Lingard has shown far more in his career than Varela has and it's not even close.

Zidane said that when asked questions by the Uruguayan media. He wasn't going to say Varela wasn't good enough was he now...

He's not clearly not good enough. Might go on to become a decent player but not someone we'll regret letting go

JoaquinJoaquin

How exactly is Lingard far less talented than Varela? Complete tripe. Lingard has shown far more in his career than Varela has and it's not even close.
I meant Lingard is less talented than Pereira, Which he is.

Silverman

Zidane said that when asked questions by the Uruguayan media. He wasn't going to say Varela wasn't good enough was he now...

He's not clearly not good enough. Might go on to become a decent player but not someone we'll regret letting go
Mystic Mike here :lol:

dichinero

And he must be annoyed at watching the far less talented Jesse Lingard getting games ahead of him.
I don't mind Lingard as a young player will always need games to get better, so there should be allowance for poor performances but it's when younger players are sacrificed for older players who do not offer anything good.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't be on the verge of a move if he's in the team. I had him in my line up and then removed him cause of the news.:mad:

Ibi Dreams

Can't be on the verge of a move if he's in the team. I had him in my line up and then removed him cause of the news.:mad:
Januzaj was in the team then got loaned, Powell also may be going on loan after being in the team. Can't really predict what van Gaal is going to do

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Think he's doing really well so far (36 mins) personally. Clever runs, keeping the width and measured stuff on the ball too. Cracking cross to Martial then.

m1y2

That touch on the ball from Smalling :drool: Been really good so far.
you mean that overhit pass, that was some control! shame he hasnt got spring of Rafael, he cant still be a great player in my view as his advantage over Rafa is better dribbling and he seems a better crosser as well, he wasnt tested much defensively so far on the highest level and like every new player to the senior game he will make mistakes, if he can cut it out, might come out as Rafa vol2.

I really liked his run through the middle from our half around 30th minute mark

snk123

That run reminded me of Rafael and how we miss attacking fullbacks :(

Wicked_Badger

It's nice to see a player that hasn't been infected by the slow, zombie, careful football we've played over the last couple of years.

He's actually positive. It's weird.

Raw

He's actually pretty great. I don't think we need to be looking at more fullbacks this January, just have Varela and CBJ to fill in until the others get back.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
All we need now is dead ringers for Neymar and Ronaldo and we are all set.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It really shows how much better we are as a team when we have a right back who actually makes supporting runs regularly.

Darmian needs to have a good look at himself after watching this, he goes hiding way too often and takes the easy option of staying back.

I must admit in the reserves I didn't think varela showed that much, but every game his stamina and running has impressed me loads. He's not perfect by any means but right now he's number 1 for me. Arnautovic will be a tough challenge if he starts on Tuesday though

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It really shows how much better we are as a team when we have a right back who actually makes supporting runs regularly.

Darmian needs to have a good look at himself after watching this, he goes hiding way too often and takes the easy option of staying back.

I must admit in the reserves I didn't think varela showed that much, but every game his stamina and running has impressed me loads. He's not perfect by any means but right now he's number 1 for me. Arnautovic will be a tough challenge if he starts on Tuesday though
To be fair Darmian looked much more comfortable when he was moved back to right back, he looked all at sea when at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.