Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Winrar

good performance today, even if it was against a poor championship side.

with darmian underperfoming and valencia injured it's worth holding onto him at least for now.
Van Gaal played Welbeck, Hernandez and Kagawa all before selling them.
in which they took part in THAT game vs MK Dons.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Excellent performance from the lad. Was presented with another chance to prove himself and did more than enough to keep his place in the team on Tuesday.

Hopefully it puts any talk of him moving this month to an end.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To be fair Darmian looked much more comfortable when he was moved back to right back, he looked all at sea when at left back.
Youthful exuberance probably helped him... and the fact that he didn't shit himself every time he crossed the halfway line.

m1y2

now play him more games in a row to let him settle before we just write him off again..

dichinero

He should be taken seriously by the staff before he rightly packs his bags and leaves for lack of game time. Watch McNair start against Stoke next.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Excellent performance. If his final touch was better in there half it would've been a perfect one.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even if he leaves, I reckon he will have a very good career.

El Jefe

Maybe I'm wrong but why the heck were the commentators pronouncing his name as Vareya. From my limited Spanish that would only be required if his name was Varella.

On his performance, I though it was very promising and loved his enthusiasm going forward it reminded me of Rafael at times.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Maybe I'm wrong but why the heck were the commentators pronouncing his name as Vareya. From my limited Spanish that would only be required if his name was Varella.

On his performance, I though it was very promising and loved his enthusiasm going forward it reminded me of Rafael at times.
Absolutely. I was wondering all match how do they decide this pronunciation. It's hilarious.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It really shows how much better we are as a team when we have a right back who actually makes supporting runs regularly.

Darmian needs to have a good look at himself after watching this, he goes hiding way too often and takes the easy option of staying back.

I must admit in the reserves I didn't think varela showed that much, but every game his stamina and running has impressed me loads. He's not perfect by any means but right now he's number 1 for me. Arnautovic will be a tough challenge if he starts on Tuesday though
Although I agree, Varela had an easier time of it tonight than Darmian does in the PL. Derby barely left their half so Varela didn't have an awful lot to worry about defensively.

TheCorkman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was really impressed with him. Really positive in getting forward and won the ball back well

Reminds me of Heinze a bit today, but better going forward

Genoa can run along. I want to see him get a little run in the side
Heinze was excellent in the air. Varela is pretty redundant aerially usually. He doesn't have the natural spring like Heinze, Rafa or Evra. Nice little player though, great worker and decent all round. His vulnerability in the air is a major issue though. If he plays versus Arnoutovich against Stoke I think he'll have trouble. Well done to him tonight though, even if he doesn't make it at United he should have a very good career. He's been consistently excellent for our 21's and seems like a nice guy all round.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Probably being harsh, but thought he should have reacted to the danger through the middle for their goal quicker and tried to cover the space Smalling left. Other than that, thought he played well.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
good performance today, even if it was against a poor championship side.

with darmian underperfoming and valencia injured it's worth holding onto him at least for now.

in which they took part in THAT game vs MK Dons.
Hernandez played this season in the league as well before being sold.

Irrational.

Maybe that look of thunder from Woody was the realisation of 'what the feck have I done?' when it dawned on him that GV is off for peanuts.

RU Devil

Appreciated how involved he was going forward. Seemed to provide more cut & thrust than what Darmian has shown lately, but it was Derby.

Probably being harsh, but thought he should have reacted to the danger through the middle for their goal quicker and tried to cover the space Smalling left. Other than that, thought he played well.
Maybe. Smalling got caught out a bit on that, as did Schneiderlin, while Blind lost that crucial header. Varela did come a bit late, but whole thing started with Smalling wandering out of the center. Not sure whether BoJack should've been there instead of Smalling chasing to the wing.

Spock

I haven't watched this game yet but I've been very impressed with what I've seen from Varela so far.

Bwuk

Why would we sell him? We'd get peanuts for him and we have literally no other right backs.

Unless it means the return of McNair... :(

Sylar

Hes a right back, yeah? So youre telling me playing a natural RB in RB position works?

Only took about four injuries for that to happen.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Maybe. Smalling got caught out a bit on that, as did Schneiderlin, while Blind lost that crucial header. Varela did come a bit late, but whole thing started with Smalling wandering out of the center. Not sure whether BoJack should've been there instead of Smalling chasing to the wing.
Blind won his header.

Cerpin

As SAF would say, he's got that South American aggressiveness. I echo the Rafael comparisons, he's very enthusiastic and zippy going forward -- although not as technically capable as Rafael. And yeah, a bit too frail and weak in the air.

Acole9

Outstanding
He was excellent last night, it's baffling that we're playing wingers at full back when we've got talented lads like him who can play there.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's nothing like Rafael.

Okay, maybe from a football aspect he is, but I just feel no desire to ruffle his hair and give him a big hug

I loved those adorable little blighters. feck you Dave. feck you Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.