Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd 3:2 Arsenal

LS17

Daft early yellow to get but he's been good since. The cross was fantastic and he did extremely well to keep the ball in for the second.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Worried by the yellow. 2nd half will be seriously under pressure with Arsenal pressing for it.

Superb cross though. Absolute peach.

MDFC Manager

Very typical modern fullback. Good on the ball, good offensive instinct, but shaky in defense.

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Completely fell asleep for the Monreal chance too. He goes walkabouts quite a bit and really isn't a good enough defender but you've gotta love his confidence in possession. Makes a real difference to our attacking play.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Yeah he's defensively poor but he's good going forward.

The thing is Darmian has hardly been solid defensively either.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Very impressed with him going forward but needs to improve defensively. He's still young so plenty of time to improve his defensive game.

m1y2

He's dodgy like Rafa was but is the best crosser of the ball we've had at right back since I can recall
he's dodgy as Rafa in the beginning, who managed to become one of the most solid defenders in the team so I have hopes in Varela who reminds me of the Brasilian a lot, believe he can iron out his positioning mistakes..

Ferguson

His positioning has been awful. He keeps getting exposed by Arsenal.

But on the other hand his cross for the first goal was superb, and he had a hand in the second as well.

Crashoutcassius

he's dodgy as Rafa in the beginning, who managed to become one of the most solid defenders in the team so I have hopes in Varela who reminds me of the Brasilian a lot believe he can iron that out his positioning mistakes..
rafa impoved positionally of course, but always seemed to have a problem giving away fouls and cards etc.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Hes still young and is already performing at a good level.

With a bit more experience, Im sure he will be able to improve his defensive game.

One defo for the future. Thanks Chosen One.

m1y2

rafa impoved positionally of course, but always seemed to have a problem giving away fouls and cards etc.
his was an aggressive fullback who liked to get the ball before the ball even got to the defender, it always worked against world class players like Bale, Hazard or Ronaldo.. it will always be a problem when you let them space to attack you. Rafael in the end the perfect balance, when to step out and when to stay on the back of his defenders, fouls and cards are part of the game of today's fullback. I hope Varela can find that balance too, he showed he's good enough defensively for U21 so perhaps its the tempo and intensity he struggles with now..

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's looked very good.

Really didn't think he had this in him. Delighted to be proven wrong.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Promising at times, but very rash as well.

jem

I love him. Reminds me of Rafael, with all the good and bad that that entails.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Fantastic performance from him, sure, there were some mistakes by him but he's my second MOTM after Rashford today. Early yellow and then played it by the book, bailed out other defenders plenty times today. He's had absulutely zero support in defending in the first half as well, he was left with Monreal + whoever was coming to his side most of the time.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I'm pretty sure he was.
He was bought in the same few days that Moyes came in. Moyes had absolutely nothing to do with his purchase.

This guy is the real deal. Not the best defensively but he's fast, agile, technically fantastic, reads the game well offensively and crosses a fantastic ball.

SSSSnake

I thought it was a very mature performance today. Had Sanchez in his pocket. He supported the attack well and was solid at the back.

saivet

I worried for him when he got booked so early on. Very good performance today

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Got too tight early on and made a mistake, apart from that he was very good. We hardly saw Sanchez all game and that was because of him.

He's really grown and shown himself he can handle the big players. This season has been awful for a lot of reasons, but fantastic in the sense we've blooded so many young players. You've got to be really proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.