Gun control

Mike Smalling

Incredible how much footage is captured on these kinds of incidents nowadays. In the clip where they arrest the guy, it seems like he first threatens to kill himself, but then gives himself over without a fight.

Giggs' right foot

As hate-filled and white with rage as we all get when people like the above tweeters use killings to highligt their political views, I think it's best to ignore them and their quotes. They love internet traffic and mentions - even on the back of tragedies. So why give it to them?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is the scary bit from the article:

Highland Park Police Commander Chris O'Neill, urged people to stay indoors as officers search for the suspect who is described as a white male wearing a white or blue T-shirt.

Lake County Major Crime Task Force spokesman Christopher Covelli said the gunman apparently opened fire from a rooftop using a rifle that was recovered at the scene.
Reports saying shooter was 18-20.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
2nd amendment aside, why does ANYONE in the US need a high powered rifle? Just don't get it.

Mike Smalling

2nd amendment aside, why does ANYONE in the US need a high powered rifle? Just don't get it.
It's for when the government will eventually go tyrannical and impose their evil will upon the people. The people will then easily be able to fight off the drones, fighter planes, tanks and aircraft carriers of the US government with their semi-automatic rifle.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This is the 308th MASS SHOOTING in the US in just 2022 alone!

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is my monthly reminder that anyone who buys a gun or ammunition is responsible and supporting every man, woman, and child who is killed by a gun. Your money goes to funding the lobbying that puts all of us at risk. Do not deny it, do not brush it aside. Own it. Admit that your ownership of guns is more important than the life of a stranger. If you are unable to say or type: "I chose to let a stranger die over my desire to own a gun" than you should rethink your actions. I hate this country.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I live in Chicago. fecking mental. But let me tell you people here are immune. It just happens, everyone says how awful it is, and life moves on. fecking sick this country is.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I live in Chicago. fecking mental. But let me tell you people here are immune. It just happens, everyone says how awful it is, and life moves on. fecking sick this country is.
Highland Park certainly ain’t like southside Chicago, although it will be lumped together for the more effective narrative by some.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Highland Park certainly ain’t like southside Chicago, although it will be lumped together for the more effective narrative by some.
I don’t really see your point. Yeah, Highland Park isn’t like the south side, or parts of the west side. But people all over Chicagoland are so used to hearing about shootings, as well as across the nation, that no-one really seems to care anymore. Beyond the initial “oh that’s awful” reaction. Chicago, as a whole, is a continual fecking bloodbath. As of yesterday, from just Friday through Saturday night, 60 people had been shot, 15 fatally, on 4th July weekend. By the end of the weekend it’ll be 100+ shot. 20-30 dead. In one city.

Through the end of June there had already been 1,255 shootings in Chicago in just the first 6 months of the year.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This is my monthly reminder that anyone who buys a gun or ammunition is responsible and supporting every man, woman, and child who is killed by a gun. Your money goes to funding the lobbying that puts all of us at risk. Do not deny it, do not brush it aside. Own it. Admit that your ownership of guns is more important than the life of a stranger. If you are unable to say or type: "I chose to let a stranger die over my desire to own a gun" than you should rethink your actions. I hate this country.
I had the same discussion with a guy showing some grief after the Ivalde shootings. I also said to him that everyone who owned a gun was a part of the problem. His contrition didn't last very long when he started to go on about serving in the military and being a responsible gun owner etc., etc., etc. I said there is no such thing as a responsible gun owner.

It's always the other guy. Agree with you 100%. But even those shedding tears are still brainwashed.

I don't even do the condolences, thoughts and prayers thing anymore because it's probably likely that most of the families affected by these shootings are gun owners themselves anyway and not worthy of any sympathy as harsh as that may seem.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
This doesn't add up. If you and @RedPed take this hard of a stance on every issue literally nothing would get solved. You and I also live in the U.S directly contributing tax money to fund some pretty evil crap around the world. Should we pack our bags then?

If I don't keep a gun where I live I'm a sitting duck for crime. Every criminal here is locked and loaded. I don't like it and I hate the fact guns are so common and I wish the law changes but until it hasn't I'm not going to risk my own life. I don't walk around with some crazy arms but I have adequate home defense. Police response times are pretty bad around here as well (and useless in some cases). Plenty of people have died for not having a gun and I don't want to be another statistic.

The blame lies on the politicians and folks voting to keep them

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This doesn't add up. If you and @RedPed take this hard of a stance on every issue literally nothing would get solved. You and I also live in the U.S directly contributing tax money to fund some pretty evil crap around the world. Should we pack our bags then?

If I don't keep a gun where I live I'm a sitting duck for crime. Every criminal here is locked and loaded. I don't like it and I hate the fact guns are so common and I wish the law changes but until it hasn't I'm not going to risk my own life. I don't walk around with some crazy arms but I have adequate home defense. Police response times are pretty bad around here as well (and useless in some cases). Plenty of people have died for not having a gun and I don't want to be another statistic.

The blame lies on the politicians and folks voting to keep them
How?? That doesn't make any sense.